We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Accidental jungle spice, winging it to interesting results Options

Pavlovs_Ape
#1 Posted : 11/28/2019 1:39:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So I wanted to share the results of my latest extraction, since the outcome isnt one I've seen before. I was doing a week later pull on 100g MHRB q2121 tek and 100g MHRB mMax Ion tek. The initial pulls were done with naptha, these pulls were done with xylene, as I've found it always finds a little bit more hiding in the bark. I added a couple hundred mls to the q2121 batch and maybe 100 to the Max Ion, then pulled and combined. I planned to salt these xylene pulls back to naptha for freeze precipitation, but failed to take stalk of supplies and found myself woefully short on vinegar. I used the little I had and after some searching the only acid I could find in the house (besides what's in the freezer) was a bottle of lemon juice from concentrate in the fridge. Down to experiment since any mistake would be salvageable, I threw that in there too and gave it a shake. The xylene just exploded with fats and alkaloids, it was impossible to tell what was what, I added more lemon juice what I considered an excess of lemon juice to be safe. Ended up with maybe 500 mls of acidic solution all said and done, based with NaOH solution, and pulled with aprox 300 mls fresh naptha. Very cloudy, very yellow, very nice. Stuck it in the deep freeze over night. Pulled it out in the morning to hopefully have something to show for the effort. There was a huge amount of precipitate, maybe 1/2" deep in a 5" round d dish. Poured off the naptha, crystal clear, and stuck the dish in front of a fan. The huge crystal started dissolving, trapped solvents and fats and water ice, so I dumped it into a larger tray for some drying. Some hours later and some minutes of scraping, and I'm left with a big red glob of something. Smells good, looks interesting

Pavlovs_Ape attached the following image(s):
20191127_175906.jpg (4,113kb) downloaded 58 time(s).
20191127_175928.jpg (3,374kb) downloaded 59 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!