CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
San Pedro? Options
 
Yugambeh
#1 Posted : 11/25/2019 1:10:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 205
Joined: 21-Jul-2019
Last visit: 02-Nov-2020
Location: Alpha Centauri Cb
We have a Cacti store nearby who is selling these, is it San Pedro?


Thanks

/Y
Yugambeh attached the following image(s):
8F912EC8-7353-409B-9810-E6C66B61C404.png (881kb) downloaded 146 time(s).
I am like a white cloud with no destination, I place goals to trick myself in believing I have somewhere to arrive, everything is a successful goal when I realise I have already arrived.
 

Trippy glass for trippy people.
 
Wolfnippletip
#2 Posted : 11/25/2019 1:53:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member

Posts: 530
Joined: 04-Jul-2015
Last visit: 25-Nov-2020
To young to really tell but it does look like a Trich, possibly Peruvianus. The seedlings probably aren't very expensive so if you have the available sunlight needed then buy several, grow them and you'll find out when they get bigger. If they turn out not to be active well then you'll have some other kind of cactus which is cool too.

Oh, and apparently someone has tiled that floor or counter top with lophs. You might look into that if you are wanting mescaline. Very happy
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.
 
Yugambeh
#3 Posted : 11/25/2019 2:11:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 205
Joined: 21-Jul-2019
Last visit: 02-Nov-2020
Location: Alpha Centauri Cb
Wolfnippletip wrote:
To young to really tell but it does look like a Trich, possible Peruvianus. The seedlings probably aren't very expensive so if you have the available sunlight needed then buy several, grow them and you'll find out when they get bigger. If they turn out not to be active well then you'll have some other kind of cactus which is cool too.

Oh, and apparently someone has tiled that floor or counter top with lophs. You might look into that if you are wanting mescaline. Very happy


Thanks!

Yes they sell lophs too but they are slow growing? I need to do some cacti research.

/Y
I am like a white cloud with no destination, I place goals to trick myself in believing I have somewhere to arrive, everything is a successful goal when I realise I have already arrived.
 
Wolfnippletip
#4 Posted : 11/25/2019 2:17:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member

Posts: 530
Joined: 04-Jul-2015
Last visit: 25-Nov-2020
Lophs are slow growing but they can be grafted to any number of other types of cactus, including Trichocereus and they'll grow much much faster. Grafting is simple. There's lots of Nexians who can tell you how.
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.
 
Yugambeh
#5 Posted : 11/25/2019 2:28:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 205
Joined: 21-Jul-2019
Last visit: 02-Nov-2020
Location: Alpha Centauri Cb
Wolfnippletip wrote:
Lophs are slow growing but they can be grafted to any number of other types of cactus, including Trichocereus and they'll grow much much faster. Grafting is simple. There's lots of Nexians who can tell you how.



Thank you so much!

I have 3 days off work this week so I’ll do research about grafting, my dad used to do that with fruit trees when I was a kidRazz

/Y
I am like a white cloud with no destination, I place goals to trick myself in believing I have somewhere to arrive, everything is a successful goal when I realise I have already arrived.
 
Grey Fox
#6 Posted : 11/25/2019 3:35:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 450
Joined: 14-Oct-2018
Last visit: 26-Nov-2020
Wolfnippletip wrote:
To young to really tell


^This. There's a good chance that is a Browningia seedling.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM
 
Yugambeh
#7 Posted : 11/25/2019 3:46:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 205
Joined: 21-Jul-2019
Last visit: 02-Nov-2020
Location: Alpha Centauri Cb
Grey Fox wrote:
Wolfnippletip wrote:
To young to really tell


^This. There's a good chance that is a Browningia seedling.



I asked in the store and got this answer “ Trichoc. pachanoi”


/Y
I am like a white cloud with no destination, I place goals to trick myself in believing I have somewhere to arrive, everything is a successful goal when I realise I have already arrived.
 
Grey Fox
#8 Posted : 11/25/2019 3:56:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 450
Joined: 14-Oct-2018
Last visit: 26-Nov-2020
It could be. Hopefully they know that for sure. Most of the time when I see seedlings like that for sale at nurseries they turn out to be browningia hertlingiana seedlings. At that age it is impossible to really know. Lots of mislabelling at nurseries.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM
 
Yugambeh
#9 Posted : 11/25/2019 4:00:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 205
Joined: 21-Jul-2019
Last visit: 02-Nov-2020
Location: Alpha Centauri Cb
Grey Fox wrote:
It could be. Hopefully they know that for sure. Most of the time when I see seedlings like that for sale at nurseries they turn out to be browningia hertlingiana seedlings. At that age it is impossible to really know. Lots of mislabelling at nurseries.



They are specialised in cacti’s only so hopefully they know their thing.

I found this one too but too expensive for me atm.

Yugambeh attached the following image(s):
522CFC0F-718E-4EB3-ABD9-059D1CBC8CAE.png (938kb) downloaded 110 time(s).
I am like a white cloud with no destination, I place goals to trick myself in believing I have somewhere to arrive, everything is a successful goal when I realise I have already arrived.
 
Grey Fox
#10 Posted : 11/25/2019 4:06:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 450
Joined: 14-Oct-2018
Last visit: 26-Nov-2020
--MIND BLOWN!--

Yeah if they are selling that then they probably know what the seedling is. Very nice!
IT WAS ALL A DREAM
 
Yugambeh
#11 Posted : 11/25/2019 4:14:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 205
Joined: 21-Jul-2019
Last visit: 02-Nov-2020
Location: Alpha Centauri Cb
Grey Fox wrote:
--MIND BLOWN!--

Yeah if they are selling that then they probably know what the seedling is. Very nice!


Would the Peyote in the last picture be ready to harvest? Twisted Evil

/Y
I am like a white cloud with no destination, I place goals to trick myself in believing I have somewhere to arrive, everything is a successful goal when I realise I have already arrived.
 
Grey Fox
#12 Posted : 11/25/2019 4:24:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 450
Joined: 14-Oct-2018
Last visit: 26-Nov-2020
I'm not sure. Maybe someone with peyote experience can chime in. Thats a real nice cactus nursery that you found.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM
 
Wolfnippletip
#13 Posted : 11/25/2019 6:12:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member

Posts: 530
Joined: 04-Jul-2015
Last visit: 25-Nov-2020
Oh heck yes it's harvestable, but I have plenty of mescaline and I would treat it like the thoroughbred it is and leave it alone. It would be kind of a shame IMO to cut on something that impressive. Expensive? Probably worth every penny, but you could have several of your own in a few years by buying some of those smaller lophs and grafting them yourself.

Mind equally blown. I'll have Lophs when I grow up. Very happy
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.
 
Yugambeh
#14 Posted : 11/25/2019 6:33:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 205
Joined: 21-Jul-2019
Last visit: 02-Nov-2020
Location: Alpha Centauri Cb
Wolfnippletip wrote:
Oh heck yes it's harvestable, but I have plenty of mescaline and I would treat it like the thoroughbred it is and leave it alone. It would be kind of a shame IMO to cut on something that impressive. Expensive? Probably worth every penny, but you could have several of your own in a few years by buying some of those smaller lophs and grafting them yourself.

Mind equally blown. I'll have Lophs when I grow up. Very happy



I’ve not tried mescaline yet, they had a larger oneRazz

Yugambeh attached the following image(s):
BBD25990-743D-4BC6-90EC-2A59644DB6B7.png (848kb) downloaded 93 time(s).
I am like a white cloud with no destination, I place goals to trick myself in believing I have somewhere to arrive, everything is a successful goal when I realise I have already arrived.
 
downwardsfromzero
#15 Posted : 11/25/2019 7:46:21 PM

Peeing into the abyss

Chemical expertSenior Member

Posts: 5164
Joined: 30-Aug-2008
Last visit: 25-Nov-2020
Location: square root of minus one
Yugambeh wrote:

I’ve not tried mescaline yet, they had a larger oneRazz


I want that cactus! Drool
Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege et labora

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli
 
doubledog
#16 Posted : 11/26/2019 7:54:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 286
Joined: 02-Dec-2017
Last visit: 26-Nov-2020
Location: right side of the river
Wow, this is perfect, I wish I could find something similar to these big cluster lophs at local nursery Shocked
 
coAsTal
#17 Posted : 11/26/2019 11:38:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 307
Joined: 18-Jan-2008
Last visit: 20-Nov-2020
Just get you some Lopophora Williamsii var. ‘Caespitosa' seeds and grow them out-- they grow in flushes just like shrooms!

I wish that stuff were legal in this region...would so love to grow lophs. really beautiful specimens.
 
Spiralout
#18 Posted : 11/27/2019 3:15:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 532
Joined: 13-Dec-2013
Last visit: 25-Nov-2020
Location: The internet webs
Those are all very nice looking cacti. It looks like they have a wide selection too... You're lucky to have a store like that around.

What country are you in if you don't mind me asking?

That lophophora plant is definitely at a size where you could harvest some.. Apparently some varieties of williamsii aren't as potent as others, and from what I understand, the taxonomy with lophophora is a bit ambiguous which seems to be the case with all cacti..

I'm not sure how much it costs but if you can afford it you could try harvest say just 2-4 heads and leave the rest.. You can also cut a head off and plant it and you'll have a separate plant... Like Wolf mentioned too grafting will speed up growth exponentially... If you have a plant that size already though I'd think you would be better off just letting it grow the way it is..

You can also start some seeds if you'd like.. Many different routes.. Thumbs up
 
Yugambeh
#19 Posted : 11/27/2019 10:28:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 205
Joined: 21-Jul-2019
Last visit: 02-Nov-2020
Location: Alpha Centauri Cb
coAsTal wrote:
Just get you some Lopophora Williamsii var. ‘Caespitosa' seeds and grow them out-- they grow in flushes just like shrooms!

I wish that stuff were legal in this region...would so love to grow lophs. really beautiful specimens.



Are they easy to grow?

/Y
I am like a white cloud with no destination, I place goals to trick myself in believing I have somewhere to arrive, everything is a successful goal when I realise I have already arrived.
 
Yugambeh
#20 Posted : 11/27/2019 10:33:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 205
Joined: 21-Jul-2019
Last visit: 02-Nov-2020
Location: Alpha Centauri Cb
Spiralout wrote:
Those are all very nice looking cacti. It looks like they have a wide selection too... You're lucky to have a store like that around.

What country are you in if you don't mind me asking?

That lophophora plant is definitely at a size where you could harvest some.. Apparently some varieties of williamsii aren't as potent as others, and from what I understand, the taxonomy with lophophora is a bit ambiguous which seems to be the case with all cacti..

I'm not sure how much it costs but if you can afford it you could try harvest say just 2-4 heads and leave the rest.. You can also cut a head off and plant it and you'll have a separate plant... Like Wolf mentioned too grafting will speed up growth exponentially... If you have a plant that size already though I'd think you would be better off just letting it grow the way it is..

You can also start some seeds if you'd like.. Many different routes.. Thumbs up



I’m doing research about cactuses, growing, grafting etc. I don’t know much about them, but
I have green fingers like my father so I have great success growing plants.

/Y
I am like a white cloud with no destination, I place goals to trick myself in believing I have somewhere to arrive, everything is a successful goal when I realise I have already arrived.
 
12NEXT
 
Users browsing this forum
Guest

DMT-Nexus theme created by The Traveler
This page was generated in 0.044 seconds.