We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Prepowered or not Options

the_newcomer
#1 Posted : 3/26/2008 6:16:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've noticed that there is a discrepancy between using prepowdered root bark or whole root bark in chemistry experiments. Please give me your opinions on the subject. This post will help others out who are seeking the same answer as I.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

acolon_5
#2 Posted : 3/26/2008 2:27:06 PM

The Great Namah

This has been discussed at length in the extractions sub-forum.

The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

El Ka Bong
#3 Posted : 3/26/2008 6:24:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

imo grind it to dust ! Physically open every grain of wood in that there tree bark ! But then do an acid-base extraction and filter it well.

I obviously feel that one ought not to pulp-mill the MHRB - that's a different way of 'getting at' the dmt - to chemically 'grind' it.

I feel that the physical act of pulverizing the MHRB in a coffee grinder is a large portion of the work and energy required to enable you to get the dmt out, nice and pure. I bet grinding can be up to ~90% of the energy needed, and the rest is energy of solubilizing the dmt, that ocurrs at a molecular level, in a watery, acid, solution where the energy of hydrogen bonding to the +charged dmt molecule, separates it out into protective hydration shells.

DrParadox
#4 Posted : 3/26/2008 8:13:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

El Ka Bong wrote:
filter it well.

Can you comment on why filtering is important? Is it to ensure product purity? Any other reasons?

ChemicalEudaemonia
#5 Posted : 3/27/2008 1:55:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

DrParadox wrote:
El Ka Bong wrote:
filter it well.

Can you comment on why filtering is important? Is it to ensure product purity? Any other reasons?

I'm curious, also. My friend never filters and still ends up with white fluff.

It might have something to do with the powder mass "sponging", or in other words, trapping liquids. But I would think a simple swirl or two when doing the naptha pulls would release it all?

burnt
#6 Posted : 3/27/2008 9:14:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

filtering is just to keep solids out.

DrParadox
#7 Posted : 3/28/2008 6:27:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

burnt wrote:

Which ones?

MalargueZiggy
#8 Posted : 3/30/2008 4:00:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DrParadox wrote:
burnt wrote:

Which ones?

The actual solid particles of powder.

As I understand it, it's important to powder the bark up because it extends the overall exposed surface area.

On another note, as I've written elsewhere, I never use pre-powdered bark because the only shit quality bark I've had has been pre-powdered. However, I know others, such as MC, swear by pre-powdered.

**Recent posts by me I've been using 'I' - and this is purely a verbatim translation of what someone else told me.
"Language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes for bears to dance to, while all the time we long to move the stars to pity." - Flaubert

I do not engage in or condone illegal activities. Most of what I write is on behalf of people I've bumped into, usually several years ago and in countries where the things I mention are legal.