We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Neural correlates of the DMT experience assessed with multivariate EEG Options

Exitwound
#1 Posted : 11/21/2019 7:46:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Infundibulum
#2 Posted : 11/21/2019 8:08:42 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Exitwound wrote:
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-51974-4

Thank you for posting!

I read the study and didn;t manage to make much sense of it. The overall conclusion I got was "DMT affects the brain", which we are very confident it does.

Anyone here in the Nexus willing to digest and contextualise the study foe teh rest of us? There has to be something important they found!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Exitwound
#3 Posted : 11/21/2019 8:13:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Most valuable general information I got from it is about delta and theta rhytms prominency during the trip (and decrease in alpha/beta rhythms) and similarity of brain activity to REM sleep phase.

But I think it's cool there is actual research being done in this field, it will yield some results digestable by general public sooner or later. Science always provides result, given enough time and funding Smile

Bancopuma
#4 Posted : 11/21/2019 3:50:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was a participant in this study at Imperial College...this was more of a dose finding pilot study than anything else...the follow up EEG/fMRI study was more in-depth and will be more revealing I think. But the basic conclusion is that DMT induces a state of consciousness similar to an open eyed immersive REM/dream experience by increasing brainwaves in the theta and delta band, and also that during the peak of experience the brainwaves were slightly distinct from other classical psychedelics that have been studies, suggesting an "emerging order amidst the otherwise chaotic patterns of brain activity"...this is interesting to me as I described my experience later as an experience of profound chaos and profound order at the same time.

https://www.imperial.ac....waves-vivid-wakingdream/

Jega
#5 Posted : 11/21/2019 8:34:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma wrote:
I was a participant in this study at Imperial College...this was more of a dose finding pilot study than anything else...the follow up EEG/fMRI study was more in-depth and will be more revealing I think. But the basic conclusion is that DMT induces a state of consciousness similar to an open eyed immersive REM/dream experience by increasing brainwaves in the theta and delta band, and also that during the peak of experience the brainwaves were slightly distinct from other classical psychedelics that have been studies, suggesting an "emerging order amidst the otherwise chaotic patterns of brain activity"...this is interesting to me as I described my experience later as an experience of profound chaos and profound order at the same time.
How did you get involved? I wouldn't mind participating.