We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Changa and heart attacks Options

FractalDesign
#1 Posted : 11/18/2019 5:45:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey nexians I have a reasonably quick question. Apologies if this has been asked but I couldnt find any specific info.

A friend of mine really wants to try dmt, but is iffy about substances as he has suffered a heart attack previously and has to take more care about his heart.

Now I have some changa, it is a 1:1:1 mix of acrb jungle spice/oil, full spectrum freebase harmalas from rue of very light tan colour and b.caapi leaf.

I would just like to know if anybody here still smokes changa after suffering a heart attack and if it has caused any issues for you?

Ofcourse I wont be giving him any unless we can both be sure it is safe.

Thanks everyone Smile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Exitwound
#2 Posted : 11/18/2019 6:19:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think seeking and providing medical assistance and advice is against the rules in general here.

You also shouldn't be asking on the internet forum "if my friend with weak heart smokes on of the strongest psychedelics, will he die" kind of question I think. Because the answer is obvious.

If he has a weak heart, then the most responsible thing would be to stay off any substances.
(And consult an actual MD, not random strangers on the internets).

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Attitude_Page

Quote:
Also we do NOT give medical advice here (such as telling people not to see doctors and go to shamans for serious medical problems, etc), as this thread explains.

FractalDesign
#3 Posted : 11/18/2019 6:24:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Exitwound wrote:
I think seeking and providing medical assistance and advice is against the rules in general here.

You also shouldn't be asking on the internet forum "if my friend with weak heart smokes on of the strongest psychedelics, will he die" kind of question I think. Because the answer is obvious.

If he has a weak heart, then the most responsible thing would be to stay off any substances.

Quote:
Also we do NOT give medical advice here (such as telling people not to see doctors and go to shamans for serious medical problems, etc), as this thread explains.

Apologies I was more asking for experiences rather than medical assistance however I can see how it could be seen as that.

rOm
#4 Posted : 11/18/2019 7:49:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT shouldn't be too hard on the heart in theory and from expericne like the DMT spirit molecule reaserh ledby Rick Strassman, but still can raise the heartbeat while going up or caused by the possible stress induced by fear of the unknown or Near Death Experience.
For this reason I would also guess it might be still a bit risky. same for cannabis smoking which could induce tachichardia.
So this isn't medical advice and is more a thought sharing hypothetically.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

skoobysnax
#5 Posted : 11/19/2019 3:48:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Exitwound wrote:

Quote:

I agree. This isnt the place to seek this advice. I dissuade anyone who isn't physically and mentally fit from using substances in general. I would advise them to ask a physician to evaluate their risks for exercise and start working at whatever level is available.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

FranLover
#6 Posted : 11/19/2019 5:28:19 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Maybe it can cause a heart attack, I've thought this a couple of times during or after experiences...I whole heartedly believe drugs are not safe. There are great dangers in playing with things we dont understand. This I know; there are limits to the body.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

null24
#7 Posted : 11/19/2019 6:22:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

It does not sound to me like OP was askng for direct medical advice but as they started, merely asking for experiences to help come to an understanding.

As far as the question, I have no education on the matter but would suggest proceeding with caution. As stated above, DMT does not seem to have properties in and of itself that could cause a severe raise in blood pressure, but if the candidate is not supposed to engage in strenuous activity that alone may contraindicate DMT use with his condition. DMT can certainly cause anxiety which can raise heart rate and blood pressure. Can he have sex safely? If so, maybe they'll be alright. Of course, it is not worth penally hurting oneself or another. This is all uneducated opinion.

By no means is this a suggestion for anything other than a subject to look into, but could an anxiolytic med or herb be used safely by the candidate to mitigate anxiety and would that be safe?
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

RhythmSpring
#8 Posted : 11/19/2019 6:27:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've read a few instances on here of smoked DMT precipitating a stroke and/or aneurysm.

That's not to speak of Changa, however.

If it were me, though, I would tread with extreme caution. I've had some heart troubles due to Babesia, and while it's not the classic heart attack minefield that those with typical heart disease face, I have had some very scary heart symptoms occur when I ingested DMT orally with MAOI.

However, it could be surmised that those heart symptoms would have occurred naturally anyway, and the DMT aspect didn't hurt, and perhaps even helped.

Good luck. It's definitely an unknown, with lots of variables.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Jega
#9 Posted : 11/20/2019 12:41:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would say "No way."

Forget for a minute any physiological effects of the substance itself- the experience can be more overwhelming than your first sky-dive. This is going to put some strain on the heart. Personally I would avoid.

corpus callosum
#10 Posted : 11/20/2019 5:40:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Medical DoctorModerator

People may use the term "heart attack" to describe a range of cardiac troubles, many of which will require ongoing medication. For these reasons, giving advice is very risky.

One would need much more information and ideally access to the clinical notes before venturing to offer a considered opinion.
I am paranoid of my brain. It thinks all the time, even when I'm asleep. My thoughts assail me. Murderous lechers they are. Thought is the assassin of thought. Like a man stabbing himself with one hand while the other hand tries to stop the blade. Like an explosion that destroys the detonator. I am paranoid of my brain. It makes me unsettled and ill at ease. Makes me chase my tail, freezes my eyes and shuts me down. Watches me. Eats my head. It destroys me.