We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Salvia with a sitter, a good idea ? Options

strtman
#1 Posted : 5/30/2019 6:18:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Against all expectations I got a phone call from a friend telling me he would be in town the weekend. He is the only person I trust completely to have as a sitter, so I knew it would be the right moment to smoke salvia extracts.

To make a long story short, I did smoke six times an amount of 100 mg salvia 5 x extract. The results were not good. Only the third time I experienced a beautiful warm feeling that circled through my body as if I was enclosed by a giant struggle snake. No needle and pins effect. Within less than a minute this feeling faded away. All the other efforts did not give any results.

We both discussed what the reason could be. My sitter suggested that I burned the salvia. A lighter flame is very hot, no matter what sort to use, temperatures are far above 200 degrees Celsius. Maybe I should have ignited the salvia like I do with changa, just slowly glowing. Anyway, that’s something I am going to find out next time.

But the real lesson I learned that evening is something else. My sitter is unfortunately someone who has nothing with psychedelics, in fact he could not care less. And for some reason doing psychedelics with such a person doesn’t work, the right conditions do not occur. After every attempt I felt like not having enough peace in the mind to give the salvia a chance. Or something like that. So next time I will do it alone. With the right precautions it should be ok.

Quiet the mind and the soul will speak

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

physics envy
#2 Posted : 5/30/2019 10:26:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Strtman,

Keeping the flame on the leaf the entire time is the best technique. While I've also had it work just fine by cherrying the top of the bowl, in general you want to apply high heat by keeping the flame on the entire time. You definitely want to burn the leaf.

This can be very hot and hard to inhale/hold, so I use a bong with ice water which usually makes it easy enough to slowly inhale as much as needed.

Also important is to hold for as long as possible. Try to count to 20 or so after inhaling while holding. (You want to take in as much as needed in a single inhalation.)

There seems to be a percentage of the population that aren't affected by salvinorin...you might be in that group.

And sometimes it takes more than anticipated for your first experience. Once you've had one...less salvinorin may be required.

100mg of 5x should have about 1.25mg of salvinorin, which would be considered a strong dose for some people, but might not be enough for someone new to salvia. I personally have a difficult time inhaling 100mg of anything, and if I needed more salvinorin I would get a larger extract to try rather than try to smoke a bigger bowl. But if you have the lungs for it, you can simply try more (assuming you can get it all in with a single toke).

With salvinorin, I think while set and setting *will* have an effect, I doubt it will 'kill' a trip if you otherwise use enough material, get a good hit, and genetically can use the salvinorin. It's just too strong!

I'd recommend calculating the amount of salvinorin being inhaled as you go up in extract strength just to make sure you don't overdo it. That leads to stereotypical youtube-style trips...

Good luck!
Salvia quid enthusiast

strtman
#3 Posted : 6/1/2019 9:27:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the reply.

I will try again, doing both methods, glowing and intensively burning the extracts. But the paradox stays. A lighter flame is far above the needed 200 degrees Celsius and there is a point when vaporizing becomes burning. Hopefully I am not immune to salvia.

#4 Posted : 6/2/2019 12:56:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

physics envy wrote:

Keeping the flame on the leaf the entire time is the best technique. While I've also had it work just fine by cherrying the top of the bowl, in general you want to apply high heat by keeping the flame on the entire time. You definitely want to burn the leaf.

This can be very hot and hard to inhale/hold, so I use a bong with ice water which usually makes it easy enough to slowly inhale as much as needed.

Also important is to hold for as long as possible. Try to count to 20 or so after inhaling while holding. (You want to take in as much as needed in a single inhalation.)

Thiss. Good advice and method ime.

Also I know there's debate on using a torch lighter, but for sake of following what I'd read at the time I used a torch lighter with the method above. Very effective lol

Legarto Rey
#5 Posted : 6/2/2019 9:21:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Doesn't sound like you're a SD "hardhead". Torch lighters work fine. Salvinorin seems quite heat stable.

As a POTENT dissociative, 100% disconnection from concensus reality can occur in deeper planes, for most persons. Attempts to ambulate during are markedly discouraged. Just my observation, but it seems the, "younger/dumber" imbibers are more prone to, "cut and run" whilst in the billows. A calm and secure environment, stable seat or recumbent, quiet and dim/dark...are conducive to safety.

Once you're "sensitized" to salvinorin via smoked extracts, traditional quidding of fresh or rehydrated, dried plain leaves has much to recommend it!

Peace

mad_banshee
#6 Posted : 6/7/2019 2:26:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I found that it took me a while to find the path with salvia 5x. The first few times were light but after smoking about 5 times or so it's as if I knew what to look for.
I got some 10x and that really sent me. I don't smoke it often since dmt is my first choice, but I'm always stunned at how strong salvia is!
Peace

Mad Banshee

Note that the poster of this message would never actually use or recommend to use illegal substances. He is just an attention seeker and should be considered to be lying about everything he posts and his posts are only for the sake of generating discussion.

strtman
#7 Posted : 8/18/2019 4:40:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Having taken salvia over the last months regularly, nothing really happened. To be more precise, my brain remained unaltered, the change in my body was noticeable, mostly a twist from head to toe, feeling like a towel wringed out. Sometimes the idea came into my mind that I am one of those who’s immune to it Mad.

So I decided to go for it one more time. No fear, no overthinking, just doing what had to happen. Took a bowl filled with some plain leaf and a lot of salvia concentrate 5 x. Don’t know how much, did not weight it, but it was a lot. Ignition with a flame full on the salvia. One big hit, no smoke came out when exhaling, sucked the remaining smoke from the tube and laid down on the couch.

What followed is so weird, I can hardly believe it myself. There was no physical discomfort, there was no intro, I was transported to somewhere else in a millionth of a second. And there I relived an old free base DMT trip that I made years ago. It was a trip that I had no memory of when I came out of it originally. But now in this revival I recognized all and when I was back on planet Earth I remembered everything. The trip was about robots and grasshopper like creatures making a fool out of me.

Reason enough for me to continue exploring salvia. How it is possible that salvia opens doors in my brain to forgotten facts is fascinating on itself.

And believe me folks, just in case you might think this, I did not put changa in the bowl, it definitely was salvia Smile.

strtman
#8 Posted : 11/17/2019 6:45:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Since the experience I reported in the last post, I again started and continued smoking plain leaves. I had to find out how far one can come without extracts. Until today all efforts resulted in the well known physical effects but no visuals, apart from some in the category ‘seeing with the mind’s eye’.

This morning everything turned out different. Conditions were perfect, no stress or fatigue, and I smoked three full bowls of plain leaf. About a minute after the last hit I felt pressure in my head and knew something was coming. A yellow mythical dragon like figure showed up (much like the ones I encounter in changa trips) and it transformed into a yellow cloud. When that cloud opened I saw myself in the kitchen of my childhood house and the whole place unfolded itself it horizontal layers. As if the place was peeled like an onion. Unfortunately a short time later the scenery disappeared.

This was my first salvia trip that showed me things I have so often read about in other peoples posts. I am glad I made it so far with plain leaf and I am sure it is all due to reverse tolerance. If the tolerance keeps decreasing there is a lot still waiting for me Big grin.

So for starters my advice is: take the time, be patient, use plain leaves and it will be rewarded. Not sure, but I feel that smoking plain leaves also makes you inhaling the right amount of salvinorin A versus plant material that has an effect too.

Thanks for reading.

Legarto Rey
#9 Posted : 11/19/2019 10:12:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Odd we're back here. But don't I love Ska Maria Pastora!
In short, habituate a bit to smoked extracts, 85% likely you'll
be "reverse toleranced" to salvinorin. Thereafter, quid or tincture, will
bring the "shy deer".

My sense is, it is more about a psychologic familiarity with the compound.
Once salvia "head space" is recognized, body and mind, it comes easily even
with small "doses" of the medicine.

Salvia div is easy to grow, cultivars can be had, even 2019. Dried leaves
maintain potency for years! PM if you wish.

Peace

physics envy
#10 Posted : 11/20/2019 10:07:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Legarto Rey wrote:
Thereafter, quid or tincture, will bring the "shy deer".

My sense is, it is more about a psychologic familiarity with the compound. Once salvia "head space" is recognized, body and mind, it comes easily even with small "doses" of the medicine.

I've also found that cannabis can be a major boost to the effectiveness of low doses of salvia. For example, I have quidded 200mg of plain leaf at music events several times. I've found that if I first smoke enough cannabis to have a good high, then chewing the 200mg allows me to get past the threshold and expand into the salvia space. But if I don't use cannabis, or don't use enough, then I can't quite expand into that bigger space at that dose of salvia. I can still feel some of the effects, but they aren't as strong.
Salvia quid enthusiast