We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Watering down Salvia D. tincture - will it decrease absorption? Options

Nydex
#1 Posted : 11/14/2019 1:21:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi friends,

I want to water down the tincture before holding it in my mouth because holding 95% ethanol in there for like 30 minutes sounds like a very bad idea... I'm even pretty sure rOm told me this created a wound in his mouth, so I was wondering if I water the tincture down a little bit just to reduce the concentration to volume ratio of alcohol would it reduce the absorption rate at all? Will I lose out on potency by throwing water in the mix?

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

physics envy
#2 Posted : 11/14/2019 7:48:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Although I haven't used a tincture, based on my experience with quids and enhanced salvinorin powders, I'd say it will not hurt potency at all.

I think it's commonly suggested to dilute tinctures with water to help prevent discomfort.

The only downside should be that you have to hold more liquid in your mouth.

Good luck!

Salvia quid enthusiast

Legarto Rey
#3 Posted : 11/14/2019 11:03:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Do the tincture undiluted, swish with saliva vigorously, swallow small volumes of saliva bolus over @5-10min. Just like quidding, short, tight swallows of "salvinorin" enhanced saliva, over 5-10min will
bring the "shy deer".

Peace

Nydex
#4 Posted : 11/15/2019 7:11:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Legarto Rey wrote:
Do the tincture undiluted, swish with saliva vigorously, swallow small volumes of saliva bolus over @5-10min. Just like quidding, short, tight swallows of "salvinorin" enhanced saliva, over 5-10min will
bring the "shy deer".

Peace

Hmm, I thought Salvinorin A isn't absorbed well through the stomach, hence why people quid it, smoke it, or make it into a tincture. Have I missed something?
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

physics envy
#5 Posted : 11/15/2019 10:45:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nydex wrote:
Hmm, I thought Salvinorin A isn't absorbed well through the stomach, hence why people quid it, smoke it, or make it into a tincture. Have I missed something?

I think Legarto Ray is alluding to the fact that the salvinorin gets absorbed through the gums rather quickly, and also in areas at the back of the throat. So small swallows will also work.

In my quidding experience, I notice the first effects within 5-10 minutes and the trip really gets going by about 12 minutes.

When we made the enhanced powder discussed here, the come-on time was even quicker.

Although I haven't tried a tincture myself, I assume that since you can completely skip the steps of chewing leaves or letting the powder liquefy, the effects can come on even quicker. So holding the ethanol in your mouth for long periods of time may be entirely unnecessary.

You're right that it isn't absorbed well through the stomach, so you need to use a LOT for that ROA.

Salvia quid enthusiast

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 11/16/2019 1:59:45 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Legarto Rey wrote:
swish with saliva vigorously

Nydex, swirl the tincture around the inside of your mouth, a small portion at a time. Maximum skin surface contact inside your mouth is key. Your saliva should dilute the ethanol sufficiently.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Cactus Man
#7 Posted : 11/16/2019 7:47:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I was always told you mix the tincture in a lil warm water before putting it in your mouth.

Inner Paths
#8 Posted : 1/19/2020 10:24:54 AM

Secretary of the Interior

I put the amount of tincture I want to use in a small shot glass, add some honey and a little warm water to make a slurry like consistency. Works fine like this and is fairly pleasant to hold in the mouth. Make sure to swish against the cheeks and all up towards the back of the tongue. I also brush my teeth and tongue well beforehand. Enjoy!
"The love I've made is the shape of my space"