We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV1213141516NEXT»
The direct e-mesh thread. Options

mattw1994
#261 Posted : 11/13/2019 11:46:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I used the ccell cart that you fill up if you know what that is. I used 70 pg 30 vg with liquid and put 500 mg mixed into 500 ml. I read it from a post from kable. There were people that said they could break through easily in 1 to 2 hits. This would be the most convenient method but it seems that it has been hit or miss from people.

I used too much heat for my last extraction and my dmt ended up turning slightly lightish orange. I recrystallized using 30 ml of heptane per gram and a little more than half a gram so I decided not too recrystallize the rest.

I think this emesh method seems to be the most consistent method found so far. Do you think this method will work just as good for the lightish orange dmt?

Also wondering with your experience do you still get pretty nervous before vaping dmt?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Propello
#262 Posted : 11/14/2019 12:06:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I personally prefer yellowish spice. And your orange stuff will do super on the mesh. Did you loose almost half at re X? Sounds a lot. You might want to consider re x the rest.

I am always a bit anxious before takeoff, but I have made myself a ritual with incense, white sage usually, and meditation before blasting. Mindset and setting is important to me in order to better enjoying the trip.

mattw1994
#263 Posted : 11/14/2019 12:15:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I just don't want to lose more than half of the orange dmt.

Do you get entity encounters every time?
I have broken through I would say near 15 times and most times I forgot what happens. I would say most times I do and feel a presence more so. There was only 1 time were I remember every detail from the trip and it was the only time when I saw an entity but the entity was pretty much the visuals itself that it was making and it was coming at me like crazy.

Do you remember your trips well and can you straight up see the entities?

Propello
#264 Posted : 11/14/2019 12:37:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I encounter entities every time I blast off. Often self transforming elf machines in insane fractals, but also humanoid elf's and gnomes. And sometimes more powerful entities, good and not so good. I also often have telepathic communication with the entities.

Remember elements of the trips when returning, but the details fades away in time, except the important wake up calls I get from time to time. They are hard to forget, and I try to integrate these in my life as good as I can.

Changed my life.

We are getting a bit off topic now, so if you have any questions besides e-mesh, why don't you introduce yourself in the introduction category, or ask questions in the welcome category?
I and others will be happy to respond to your posts and questions there.
I'll be happy to help you out with any e-mesh related questions in this thread 😀

Blessings

mattw1994
#265 Posted : 11/14/2019 12:51:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for all the info. I will let u know if I have any more vape questions

Propello
#266 Posted : 11/14/2019 1:50:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My pleasure mate.

Safe travels

skoobysnax
#267 Posted : 11/14/2019 2:19:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Propello wrote:
I use flat mesh, since one wants to optimize it with The largest surface area possible for more dense vapor and easier loading of spice onto the mesh.

Since The spice liquifies when heated, a flat surface ensures that The spice stays in place.

Folding the mesh on The middle might cause hot spots as well.

The vandyvape mesh rolls aren't optimal, a bit too narrow, making The loading a bit tricky. The 150 mesh size is Also thin, making it flumsy and difficult to load without spilling.

A cheaper and more effective sollution is to get a sheet of mesh, where one Can use scissors to make a good fit.

- more surface, Room for more spice
- thicker and more stable, a lot easier to load
- possible to bend up The sides of the mesh, since The mesh Will be hotter in The Center, between The posts. See image.

You set The temp to 200-210 because You want The spice to evaporate ASAP without burning it. The spice evaporate quickly without any burning taste or smell, and you empty 30 mg in 4-5 second.

A short video intro:
https://bit.ly/2lwVQEq

ou Can order from here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm...et-12-x-35-/132120411289

NB, this mesh is SS 304, not ss 316, so You need to set manual tcr to 250-300 and it Will work perfectly.

My Aegis Solo came today. Testing the mesh i bought from the link you supplied above with TCR set to 090 at 200C and 60W it glowed faint red. With the wotofo supplied mesh it glowed faintly at tcr 300 Will let you know soon how the test flight goes. If there are advices on tweaking setting let me know
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

Propello
#268 Posted : 11/14/2019 8:42:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like you're doing perfect. Faint red glow in a dark room is the sweet spot. Each setup is different.

I seem to remember that the wotofo mesh included with the rda comes with mesh with big holes not suited for spice though. Do you have any other mesh available?

Blessings

Teamleary
#269 Posted : 11/14/2019 12:29:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Propello wrote:
some one wrote:
Propello, just to make sure..

You are using the Geek Vape - Box Aegis Solo 100w? And this works perfect for TC? Getting everything in, in one hit?

And which TCR do you use for your SS 304 mesh?

Sure thing. The aegis solo has a very good TCR, mesh is glowing almost constant, not pulsing as many other mods.
Remember the 18650 battery and external charger.

One hit blast off every time. 25 mg gives me a 5-6 minutes in hyperspace. 30-35mg 9-13 minutes.

And for spice, the extension setup you have made, seems a bit overcomplicated in my humble opinion. The setup I got with the formed mesh, can take at least 100mg, something I would never dare to do, or advice others to do.

The formed mesh is so easy to load without spilling, which makes a big difference to me.

I set the TCR to 140-150 with the 304 mesh. 210C, max 60w.

Blessings

Ok, so I just received everything. As a person who never owned an e-cig before, I'm pretty lost, I must say.
for instance, I hear "burn the mesh at 250°" in order to clean it, but when I set the temp at 250° and click on the fire button, it only reaches 120° or something. I did manage to get some smoke of the new mesh, but it was before I tried to set anything up.

Also, tried to set everything right and the mesh didn't glow, the temp stopped going up and the screen displayed "protection". Tried a bunch: "protection" everytime. If I go in the "watts mode", it doesn't say "protection" and I can make the mesh SUPER red. But there are no temp setting in the "watts mode" so Idk what to do.

I have the SS316L mesh btw.

last question: is the way you "fold" the mesh (very) important?

I wanna try a small dose tonight but I'm not sure I got the proper settings yet!
"How Small A Thought It Takes To Fill A Whole Life"
Wittgenstein

skoobysnax
#270 Posted : 11/14/2019 3:44:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Propello wrote:
Sounds like you're doing perfect. Faint red glow in a dark room is the sweet spot. Each setup is different.

I seem to remember that the wotofo mesh included with the rda comes with mesh with big holes not suited for spice though. Do you have any other mesh available?

Blessings

Yes i bought from the same link you quoted. Just comparing how adjusting the difference tcr makes between the two. I worked in the dark until i reached the faint glow with he handcut mesh. Is this the mesh you still prefer? Excited to have the right time to test it.

Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

some one
#271 Posted : 11/14/2019 4:56:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
If it works, don't fix it. I was just curious, and would still love to see some images of your loaded mesh. Does the longer mesh heat up evenly, or are there hotspots or cooler regions?

Will send images soon. Ran out of spice. No hotspots, burns very even. I noticed that the 7cm long mesh doesn't glow red. Due to the length?

Quote:
I started with the vandy vape mesh rolls. It works just fine, but a lot more difficult to load the spice without spilling. It will not burn the spice.

Correct, problem is that the mesh is a bit narrow in width which makes it harder to load without spilling on the RDA, but it won't burn.

Quote:
Oh nvm some one made a post saying use 90 tcr for 150 micron and 250-300 tcr for 100.

My bad. I changed it.

Quote:
Testing the mesh i bought from the link you supplied above with TCR set to 090 at 200C and 60W it glowed faint red.

If it's the SS 304 mesh Propello advises TCR 150

Quote:
I hear "burn the mesh at 250°" in order to clean it, but when I set the temp at 250° and click on the fire button, it only reaches 120° or something. I did manage to get some smoke of the new mesh, but it was before I tried to set anything up.

You should first configured the correct TCR or the temp will be off. Use TCR 090-110 for SS316 mesh. And a Watt limit of 35W (or up to 60W according to Propello). What happened in your case what the the configured amount of max wat wasnt sufficient to reach the temp which you set. But the temp was probably also off if you used the wrong TCR. Protection means that the device lowers wattage to reach temp, this is normal. After 10 sec it probably auto switches off. This is also normal.

Quote:
Also, tried to set everything right and the mesh didn't glow, the temp stopped going up and the screen displayed "protection". Tried a bunch: "protection" everytime. If I go in the "watts mode", it doesn't say "protection" and I can make the mesh SUPER red. But there are no temp setting in the "watts mode" so Idk what to do.

If you used wattage mode and let it glow red that's fine, the mesh coating clean-up job is now complete. Note that on my last try I used 22W to successfully vape spice. But you need to use inhalation speed to adjust temp (inhale faster if vapor becomes too dense).

Quote:
is the way you "fold" the mesh (very) important?

Yes. You shouldn't bent sharp corners for these will have more resistance and become hot spots, breaking the temp calculation and making the straight parts (where the spice is on) become less hot.
some = one | here = some | there = one

Teamleary
#272 Posted : 11/14/2019 5:57:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote=some one]
Quote:

Quote:
I hear "burn the mesh at 250°" in order to clean it, but when I set the temp at 250° and click on the fire button, it only reaches 120° or something. I did manage to get some smoke of the new mesh, but it was before I tried to set anything up.

You should first configured the correct TCR or the temp will be off. Use TCR 090-110 for SS316 mesh. And a Watt limit of 35W (or up to 60W according to Propello). What happened in your case what the the configured amount of max wat wasnt sufficient to reach the temp which you set. But the temp was probably also off if you used the wrong TCR. Protection means that the device lowers wattage to reach temp, this is normal. After 10 sec it probably auto switches off. This is also normal.

Quote:

If you used wattage mode and let it glow red that's fine, the mesh coating clean-up job is now complete. Note that on my last try I used 22W to successfully vape spice. But you need to use inhalation speed to adjust temp (inhale faster if vapor becomes too dense).

Quote:
is the way you "fold" the mesh (very) important?

Yes. You shouldn't bent sharp corners for these will have more resistance and become hot spots, breaking the temp calculation and making the straight parts (where the spice is on) become less hot.

Hey! Thank you a lot!
When I'm on the TCR-SS mode, it automatically sets up TCR at 105. Can't change it apparently. I tried with 35w and with 60w, and still went "protection".
I guess I'm gonna have to try with the wattage mode. 22 watts does "faint red in the dark", so it seems good.

thank you again : )
Wittgenstein

mattw1994
#273 Posted : 11/14/2019 6:14:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Propello I think this using the temperature controls would be a good way to find out what temperature your dmt vaporizes and also burns at. Have u experimented with the cap off and to see what temperature your dmt produces vapor?Also what tenperature dmt temperature burns at but it might be hard to differentiate vapor from smoke. I am curious to find out the tenperature dmt burns because there is no data on it

Propello
#274 Posted : 11/14/2019 11:33:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Teamleary wrote:
Propello wrote:
some one wrote:
Propello, just to make sure..

You are using the Geek Vape - Box Aegis Solo 100w? And this works perfect for TC? Getting everything in, in one hit?

And which TCR do you use for your SS 304 mesh?

Sure thing. The aegis solo has a very good TCR, mesh is glowing almost constant, not pulsing as many other mods.
Remember the 18650 battery and external charger.

One hit blast off every time. 25 mg gives me a 5-6 minutes in hyperspace. 30-35mg 9-13 minutes.

And for spice, the extension setup you have made, seems a bit overcomplicated in my humble opinion. The setup I got with the formed mesh, can take at least 100mg, something I would never dare to do, or advice others to do.

The formed mesh is so easy to load without spilling, which makes a big difference to me.

I set the TCR to 140-150 with the 304 mesh. 210C, max 60w.

Blessings

Ok, so I just received everything. As a person who never owned an e-cig before, I'm pretty lost, I must say.
for instance, I hear "burn the mesh at 250°" in order to clean it, but when I set the temp at 250° and click on the fire button, it only reaches 120° or something. I did manage to get some smoke of the new mesh, but it was before I tried to set anything up.

I have the SS316L mesh btw.

last question: is the way you "fold" the mesh (very) important?

I wanna try a small dose tonight but I'm not sure I got the proper settings yet!

Hi teamleary.
Sounds weird that it stops at 120c. Let's check out the configuration:
- Is your battery fully charged?
- which mesh
- ohm reading
- max wattage
- mode
?

Propello
#275 Posted : 11/14/2019 11:40:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mattw1994 wrote:
Propello I think this using the temperature controls would be a good way to find out what temperature your dmt vaporizes and also burns at. Have u experimented with the cap off and to see what temperature your dmt produces vapor?Also what tenperature dmt temperature burns at but it might be hard to differentiate vapor from smoke. I am curious to find out the tenperature dmt burns because there is no data on it

Hard to tell. The TCR/temperature combo makes it hard to measure the exact mesh temperature. Haven't burnt anything yet. It vapes fast enough for me.

The faint red glow in a dark room is the best measure, as no setups are identical.

Propello
#276 Posted : 11/14/2019 11:45:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

skoobysnax wrote:
Propello wrote:

Blessings

Yes i bought from the same link you quoted. Just comparing how adjusting the difference tcr makes between the two. I worked in the dark until i reached the faint glow with he handcut mesh. Is this the mesh you still prefer? Excited to have the right time to test it.

You got it mate!

Load the cannon, you are ready to go.
Safe travels brother. Keep us posted 🚀

Propello
#277 Posted : 11/14/2019 11:49:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

And as someone is advising, no hard bends on the mesh, curving the corners avoid hotspots. The current must flow easily

some one
#278 Posted : 11/15/2019 10:33:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great that you are all in on this project and buying gear! Smile

Quote:

Let's not complicate things. That vape point data is available (search) and we already discussed optimal temp for mesh here.

Quote:
When I'm on the TCR-SS mode, it automatically sets up TCR at 105. Can't change it apparently. I tried with 35w and with 60w, and still went "protection". I guess I'm gonna have to try with the wattage mode. 22 watts does "faint red in the dark", so it seems good.

The "protection" display is normal. It's displayed when your modbox lowers /or drops to zero the amount of Watt to reach the temp you configured. First try TC, instead of Wattage mode. Read the modbox manual how to manualy configure TCR. If you can't configure it manually use TC for SS. 105 seems good. It's possible that you can't get TC to work properly due to poor modbox algorithm. In this case use wattage mode. I tried 22W once, it could be optimized. If the vapor is too dense, increase inhalation speed to lower temp - note that this is counter intuitive.

Mods with Temp Control should have two options. The first option is an auto TC setting where you select the coil /mesh metal. In this option the TCR is pre-configured to match the metal type. Each mod manufacturer uses their own TCR value per metal. This doesn't help our discussion about optimal settings. The second option is setting the TCR value manually. This is preferred. If you don't know how get to this mode, read the manual of your mod. If you cant manually set TCR on your mod, consider buying one which can. Or experiment with the metal pre-configured TC (the first option) on your own, by tweaking the temp.

The thing is everyone could experiment using 50 different settings on 100 different devices. Each of us could find a sweat spot. Sure. But this is not optimal for discussion and will lead to 50 extra post pages. Instead we should standardize. First try the agreed upon devices and settings. Report back if these settings work, if you optimized further, or use something else with success.

Standardized equipment:
Modbox: Geek Vape - Box Aegis Solo 100w
Battery: 18650 battery
RDA: VandyVape mesh RDA
Mesh option 1: VandyVape 150 micron SS316L mesh
Mesh option 2: Industrial 100 micron Screen Filter Sheet (link)

Standardized settings:
Mode: Temperature control with manual TCR
Temp: 210 C
Max Watt: 35W
TCR: 090-110 TCR for SS316 (mesh option 1). 140-150 TCR for SS304 (mesh option 2 link)

Try the above live with DMT, then report back.

Good luck!
some = one | here = some | there = one

Teamleary
#279 Posted : 11/15/2019 6:14:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Iโ€™m really sorry! I mean, you guys are helping a lot and I still find a way to come back and ask for more/the same thing. I decided not to quote, to make it easier to read, but I am mainly replying to Propello and some one who have been helping pretty much everybody here.

My set up:

Modbox: Geek Vape - Box Aegis Solo 100w
Battery: 18650 battery
RDA: VandyVape mesh RDA
Mesh: VandyVape 150 micron SS316L mesh

Settings:
TC-TCR : 200°
Coil: 0.31
Wat: 35
TCR: 90
Puff 47

โ€”> Protection. (also with 100 and 110 on TCR / 45 and 60 on watts)

Then, tried:
TC-SS: 200°
Coil: 0.31
Wat: 35
TCR: 105
Puff 48

โ€”> Protection.

So the temp is never reached.

(I never get the « protection » on wattage mode)

Propello, you say « the faint red glow in a dark room is the best measure » and that reassure me as it means Iโ€™m not dependent on that tc protection stuff.
I just wonder « how faint »! at 17w, I had a pretty bright red in a dark roomโ€ฆ
I thought of asking for a picture, but I donโ€™t think it will be representative.

For a second, I thought the "coil" thing was the problem (as it's "mesh" not "coil" ) but 1) I can't change the "coil", there's a lock when you want to change it and 2) I saw on some one picture that your modbox displayed "coil" as well.
Wittgenstein

Propello
#280 Posted : 11/15/2019 9:21:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Protection also shows at my aegis, but only when max temp is reached.

You can try TCR mode, start at 120 and fiddle around with temperature.

Let me know if the aegis do not reach max temp, and at which temperature it stops.

Also lock the resistance at room temperature.

You shouldn't see the glow in a bright room. Just a bit red/dark orange glow in a dark room

Don't give up yet.

PS! Try to switch the mesh to another piece. Your resistance is very high.

Blessings

«PREV1213141516NEXT»