We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Banisteriopsis muricata questions. Options

AluminumFoilRobots
#1 Posted : 7/12/2012 7:12:48 PM

gufyg

Hello everyone!

I have been using DMT-containing brews for almost two years, perhaps 50 trips with Jurema/Harmala. I consider my relationship with those plants to be very strong, but sadly I have only once or twice successfully brewed Vine. I now know that those two trips were in fact rather different than those using Harmala, a quite different character even to the visuals. They seemed to contain quite a bit more symbols and be in three dimensions more than Harmala ( I still love Harmala, there are many advantages to him) I've tried cooking vine 6-7 times, and I usually just fail! Recently something has been telling me that I should establish a relationship with Ayahuasca, that it would be a fruitful one. I feel Ayahuasca has much to teach me.
Last night I finally ordered a kilo of this intriguing plant B. muricata along with 1 kilo of Yellow Caapi from the only reasonably priced vendor that I could find, and I have been looking around for preparation, dosage, and general information and it is rather sparse! I understand now that many ayahuasca users in South America do not recognize this as ayahuasca, or does someone have information or experience saying otherwise?

I've read around the forums and elsewhere that this species of vine is very potent, has somewhat different effects, causing lots of trembling, and I also saw in the main discussion of these other vines that it seems like it has more irreversible-seeming MAOI-effects that perhaps necessitate more a more stringent diet to avoid interactions... can anyone comment from experience on any of that? Are there any other effects I should be aware of? I also read that only 5-MeO-DMT and Iboga-flood can prepare one for a strong dose of muricata... well then I suppose muricata will be my first experience like that. It seems harrowingly strong, serious business and I do not take it lightly. But as frightening as it is, I am drawn towards it... I want the healing, I want the heart-mind-body-soul purging that I know will come of it. I am excited about this!

Concerning preparation, does one prepare in their preferred method of Caapi cooking? Are there any useful techniques that don't apply to Caapi (as I can easily find lots of discussion on Caapi preparation).
I'm going to be working with the Caapi before moving on to the Muricata... the muricata being so much more powerful than the Caapi, very serious stuff. I look forward to the caapi as well, I just hope I cook them right... I'm thinking 60 grams for the first dose of yellow, but I think I will go easy and stick to 50 to start... I can always take more!Very happy

I am definitely going to have to get to know the vines alone before adding anything else, but I am thinking when the time comes I will use Jurema as my admixture. I know it is a nontraditional mix, but hell so is Jurema-Harmala and I consider the mix an ally. I just know Jurema so well, we've been talking about making a pact recently (not yet though, that's a HUGE decision) and I just feel like Jurema would be the best light for me... I have 250 grams of oldish now 95% brown chacruna with a small bit of chaliponga in it but I will mix those in after I use Jurema... I just feel at home with that spirit...

part of the reason that I think I was failing, besides novice skill level preparation, is the quality of most of the Vine I was using. The vines I just ordered are from a reputable, direct source so I am hoping the material will be fresh and potent.

OK that's all thanks for any replies!
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jamie
#2 Posted : 7/12/2012 9:00:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I have some caapi that is just as powerful as muricata..though this "caapi" is less like other caapi than muricata is. For me muricata so far has been very similar to caapi, just more powerful. I dont know about it causing effects that you cant get from just taking more caapi. I am skeptical because the tests that endless did found muricata to be chemically very very similar to standard B.caapi. It is the alicia and tetrapterys vines that are drastically different chemically..we dont even know what they contain yet.

Muricata is very potent though for me..but it does have a very very similar vibe to B.caapi just requires much less material so it is easy to get a really solid dose. Who know though, maybe there is some other weird alkaloids in muricata though also that make it different.
Long live the unwoke.

marypoppins
#3 Posted : 7/12/2012 11:27:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

muricata is POTENT
with that said and 5 - 6 journies or muricata
and 1/2 dozen iboga floods
and 25 or more 5meo journies - many of them over 20mg

muricata is POTENT and can kick your ...
but it is still not IBOGA which floors one for 36 hours (no sleep, no food, no move) + another 36 hours to return to the planet

muricata is potent and can kicj your ...
but 5meo is much more extreme (for those who react)
some people find 5 to be beyond the beyond - the ultimate
some people find 5 to be hell and take months to return
some people feel no affect

with muricata - just be humble
and start a relationship
start with 10 grams, then 20, if you like each other keep uping it
just do NOT start w/ 50 grams

the more you diet with any plant medicine - the more you benifit

RESPECT

only my own personal opinions

mary

endlessness
#4 Posted : 7/12/2012 11:37:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The idea that muricata has permanent/long lasting inhibitor is unnecessary speculation IMO and makes no sense considering it has harmine and THH as all other caapis as my own analysis has shown.

I took 50g muricata (from k1w1) and 150mg dmt a couple of weekends ago, did not find it to be specially potent to be honest, I've had stronger normal caapi before. It was good experience nonetheless Smile

I naturally need higher doses than most people but still, ive gotten my ass kicked by caapi or aya before and this time wasnt so. Maybe for some reason this was a weaker part of the batch that I was sent, or maybe others are specially sensitive, or.. no idea...

In any case if its your first time, its of course recommended that you take just a little, like 10-20g, and see how that works for you. Brew a larger quantity and have it ready in case its not strong and you want to consume more.

And please, let us know how it goes for you!

jamie
#5 Posted : 7/13/2012 12:05:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

^interesting endless that you dont find it stronger than caapi..though like you I have had caapi that for me frightens me much more than muricata does due to it's strange potency compared to most caapi I have worked with..

Like you I find muricata to have a very similar energy to most caapi I have worked with..just that I found it to be significantly more potent and so I have been careful approaching it. I got the feeling right away that muricata was a really potent vine.
Long live the unwoke.

Zaka
#6 Posted : 7/13/2012 2:55:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Irie,
The way I brew Caapi is to aim for 1g/1ml...
This will make dosing easily accurate.
Not had a chance to try the muricata, yet!
Respect,
Z

Jagube
#7 Posted : 11/14/2019 1:12:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been working a lot lately with a vine labeled B. muricata / red vine, from Ecuador.

It's quite common these days, so I wonder if anyone else on here has experience with it?

I'll try and describe my experience of its subjective effects, under the understanding it's limited and some of the qualities I had ascribed to it turned out to be more variable, while others seem to be more invariant / repeatable.

In my first couple of brews, I only mixed some of this vine into other vines (yellow, white), with chali, and those were some very potent brews.

I found those early brews to be very wild in behavior, and working strongly in the body. I felt 'electric' energy and a certain sharpness.

In my later brews, I made this 'red' vine dominant or the only vine. I found that the sharpness was very strong, and felt pressure in my head, bordering on a headache. However, later on, I also had experiences where I drank a lot of 'red' vine-heavy tea and didn't experience pressure / headaches. So it could have been my diet. Usually I'm not that careful with my diet, could this vine be more diet-sensitive?

This vine also seems to be more challenging than other vines. I usually work with a chaliponga strain that is very forgiving, but in combination with this vine, I've had my ass kicked. It wasn't extremely difficult though.

One thing that seems to be invariant in all my bioassays involving a high contribution of this vine is that it colors the visual side red. Not pure red, but red hues - orange, purple etc.

I love this vine, but I think I prefer it mixed with other vines. It adds a wild quality to the brew.

Jees
#8 Posted : 11/14/2019 7:32:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It was the last vine I worked with and still have a lot of it in a drawer.
Lost track of working with vine in general and can't really remember specifics thb, but for some reason I settled with muricata.

What I always loved was making the tea itself with it's wonderful clearness and colour. It was like working with angelic pureness compared to the mud I got from other vines, maybe I was just a victim of eye candy?

I was drawn to it and can't really point out why. But I never worked enough with several types of vines to really come to an understanding of their specific differences.

I can't suppress a smile and marvel a with little aaagh when I open that pot. For some unclear subjective reason I seem to prefer it, weird.

dragonrider
#9 Posted : 11/14/2019 10:06:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

marypoppins wrote:
muricata is POTENT
with that said and 5 - 6 journies or muricata
and 1/2 dozen iboga floods
and 25 or more 5meo journies - many of them over 20mg

muricata is POTENT and can kick your ...
but it is still not IBOGA which floors one for 36 hours (no sleep, no food, no move) + another 36 hours to return to the planet

muricata is potent and can kicj your ...
but 5meo is much more extreme (for those who react)
some people find 5 to be beyond the beyond - the ultimate
some people find 5 to be hell and take months to return
some people feel no affect

with muricata - just be humble
and start a relationship
start with 10 grams, then 20, if you like each other keep uping it
just do NOT start w/ 50 grams

the more you diet with any plant medicine - the more you benifit

RESPECT

only my own personal opinions

mary

Does the muricata experience resemble an iboga flood in your view?