We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Re Extraction Options

zatoichi
#1 Posted : 11/14/2019 5:28:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Getting ready to complete my first batch, and want to make sure re-extraction goes well.

Tek I am using says to put heptane in jar, into boiling water. Isn't that way too hot? Doing pulls they did not want naphtha getting above 40C. Also, would adding water help in re extracting, so crap falls into water layer, or do you just have to be very careful not to suck crap up?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

misohim
#2 Posted : 11/14/2019 7:02:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

what do you mean by re extracting? can you please explain in a little bit more detail what exactly you are doing or trying to do?

zatoichi
#3 Posted : 11/14/2019 7:17:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I ran the full Cybs hybrid A/B salt tek, and product is contaminated, yellow, and picked up some base. Want to purify to get best product.

Say to use heptane in jar placed in boiling water to pour into another jar with product.

First worrying about temp of heptane near boiling water.

Second worrying about picking up contaminants siphoning off heptane. Would some water make it easier to siphon off?

misohim
#4 Posted : 11/14/2019 7:46:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

okay now I understand.

from which plant did you extract?

yellow product doesn't mean it is contaminated. ive had extracts ranging from dark red to orange to yellow to pure white, the coloured ones produce a richer experience from my limited time working with them.

hot solvent is not preferred during extractions due to picking up more unwanted goods from the plant soup. using a hot or warm solvent (heptane) during clean up is fine though, as you aren't pulling from a plant soup but from an already extracted product.

heptane is a pretty selective solvent and shouldn't pick up too much else than dmt anyway.

if you are worried about base being in your finished product, you can dissolve your product in acidic water, re-base, then re-pull with non polar solvent (heptane) and then siphon the heptane and evap to give a final product.

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 11/16/2019 2:17:58 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

"Re-x" is a somewhat misleading abbreviation of the term "recrystallisation". FWIW.

Your base contamination should stick to the bottom of the jar. Boiling water (taken off the heat, and all heating elements switched OFF) is used for heptane to maximise the solubility of the DMT in the minimum amount of solvent. Decant the heptane solution into another HOT container (in the same boiling water), and allow to cool as slowly as possible - with as little physical disturbance as possible - to optimise the crystal growth.

DMT is polymorphic, yellow colour is not necessarily indicative of contamination. Base contamination can be avoided from the outset with the use of correct techniques. Typically, this would mean using a separate container for your post-pull naphtha before transferring it to the crystallisation dish (how many times have I said this? Wink )

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Thrasymachus
#6 Posted : 11/16/2019 8:16:43 PM

Extreme seductiveness is at the boundary of horror

I would add that considering it is your first batch, just go for it.

A slight tarnish in the product is nothing to fret over, if anything be weary of making sure the solvent is entirely evaporated.

If you are dead set on cleaning it, by all means do, but the boiling water is meant only in the sense of heating the solvent into which your "dirty" dmt will be put.
The metaphysical comfort--with which, I am suggesting even now, every true tragedy leaves us--that life is at the bottom of things, despite all the changes of appearances, indestructibly powerful and pleasurable--this comfort appears in incarnate clarity in the chorus of the satyrs, a chorus of natural beings who live ineradicably, as it were, behind all civilization and remain eternally the same, despite the changes of generations and of the history of nations.
--Nietzsche

Ontology has it backwards. “This ‘saying to the Other’ — this relationship with the Other as interlocutor, this relation with an existent — precedes all ontology; it is the ultimate relation in Being”
--Levinas

zatoichi
#7 Posted : 11/17/2019 11:04:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
"Re-x" is a somewhat misleading abbreviation of the term "recrystallisation". FWIW.

Your base contamination should stick to the bottom of the jar. Boiling water (taken off the heat, and all heating elements switched OFF) is used for heptane to maximise the solubility of the DMT in the minimum amount of solvent. Decant the heptane solution into another HOT container (in the same boiling water), and allow to cool as slowly as possible - with as little physical disturbance as possible - to optimise the crystal growth.

DMT is polymorphic, yellow colour is not necessarily indicative of contamination. Base contamination can be avoided from the outset with the use of correct techniques. Typically, this would mean using a separate container for your post-pull naphtha before transferring it to the crystallisation dish (how many times have I said this? Wink )

You do not mention freezing. Do you just let the heptane evaporate off, and not freeze, decant, and save the heptane?

Thanks to you and the others for your wisdom.

I am a perfectionist, and strive for that.

zatoichi
#8 Posted : 11/17/2019 11:09:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thrasymachus wrote:
I would add that considering it is your first batch, just go for it.

A slight tarnish in the product is nothing to fret over, if anything be weary of making sure the solvent is entirely evaporated.

If you are dead set on cleaning it, by all means do, but the boiling water is meant only in the sense of heating the solvent into which your "dirty" dmt will be put.

I was just confused about why during the tek it said to use 40C when naphtha was added. Thought it may have been a safety issue. Did not want to overheat and have it blow up with base going everywhere and burning. Did not realize it was so it did not pickup unwanted elements from the base solution.

Thank You!!