We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Acacia Obtusifolia Options

Plainoldsteve
#1 Posted : 11/13/2019 1:05:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello all,,,
I was wondering since this species is endangered in Victoria and people say not to harvest,, Steve lives in an area were the wild bush is 1:3 acacia to gum and there is an abundance of obtusifolia, my question is, if it's abundant can I harvest sustainably? Or should I go about growing some of my own since seeding is happening at the moment? Thank you for your time Steve

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Plainoldsteve
#2 Posted : 11/13/2019 1:07:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Side note Steve lives on sacred aboriginal land and doesn't want to be disrespectful

leratiomyces
#3 Posted : 11/13/2019 10:42:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi Steve,

There are varying opinions on his.
My opinion is, plant a few trees in your yard now. And while you wait a few years, visit the site you mention after wild weather and harvest from a tree that has just been blown over, uprooted or snapped.
Your conscience can rest easy that way.....

Plainoldsteve
#4 Posted : 12/4/2019 12:24:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you leratiomyces this sounds like a much better way of going about it, currently heavy winds and storms so it's perfect timing anyway

I appreciate it