We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Plants with 5-MeO-DMT Options

mycosis
#21 Posted : 11/4/2019 12:06:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:

Bufo alvarius
AFAIK no published value of secretion content but:
5-15% 5-MeO-DMT in parotid and coxal glands

Advantage: Reliable 5-MeO-DMT content.

Disadvantage: Ethical questions regarding purchasing/having an animal or harvesting from them.

There was a recent study where they analyzed the chemical composition (Table 2):

https://link.springer.co...Fs00213-019-05236-w#Tab2

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Eaglepath
#22 Posted : 11/4/2019 12:31:26 PM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

Dictyoloma incanescens

Anyone know how/where to obtain this plant(bark,leaves) ???
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath

endlessness
#23 Posted : 11/4/2019 2:24:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

rOm wrote:

Thanks for the post rOm! Indeed we can only hope people don't repeat the same mistakes we did in the past taking wrong combinations or dosages or bad set and settings....

mycosis wrote:

There was a recent study where they analyzed the chemical composition (Table 2):

https://link.springer.co...Fs00213-019-05236-w#Tab2

Excellent, thanks a lot for that source! I just added to my previous post, with an average of those values presented!

Eaglepath wrote:

Dictyoloma incanescens

Anyone know how/where to obtain this plant(bark,leaves) ???

Why the interest in this plant specifically? I'm not sure if there was any new research on this plant but according to sources mentioned in Garden Of Eden by Snu Voogelbreinder, it was only found with 0.04% of 5-MeO-DMT in the bark, and in different plant parts it had a bunch of other alkaloids of unknown pharmacological effects. Not specifically promissing it seems. As for where, all the botanical collections I've found were in Brazil, in Minas Gerais and in Fortaleza (very different areas of the country).

Eaglepath
#24 Posted : 11/4/2019 3:15:57 PM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

Its because this plant always comes up in different sources when I go hunting for a 5 meo potential candidate for extractionSmile

Recently in some presentation by Mr Palmer on youtube.

Im dreaming of leaving the little frogs alone and crystalizing pure 5 meo. I know it has been discussed A LOT! But whats the status 2019 on this question?Smile

Would highly appreciate your recommendation Endlessness.

mycosis
#25 Posted : 11/5/2019 12:56:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Eaglepath wrote:
Its because this plant always comes up in different sources when I go hunting for a 5 meo potential candidate for extractionSmile

Im dreaming of leaving the little frogs alone and crystalizing pure 5 meo. I know it has been discussed A LOT! But whats the status 2019 on this question?Smile

I too have been searching for a sustainable and minimal harm source of 5-meo. One must recognize plants as conscious beings too I feel, however. If harvesting results in a plant dying, I feel it is worse than keeping a few toads as pets (this is the only humane way of harvesting from toads IMO, and only once trust is built up (you'll know); Harvesting "venom" in the wild is a sure death sentence for those unfortunate individuals as they have no defense for 30+ days afterward.

With that in mind, I personally am of the opinion that Phyllodium pulchellum (Desmodium pulchellum) and certain cultivars of Phalaris aquatica are the most worthy of investigation. I have some seeds of the former on the way and a few clumps of the latter (var. stenoptera) I'm in the process of growing out. Of course, if these pulchellum seeds are viable I will propagate and share the vendor immediately. Other than that, I think aquatica is the next best bet...it definitely grows faster than arundinacea and seems easy to control which alkaloid is dominant (DMT/vs 5MEO) by the amount of sunlight received. (according to existing literature, var. stenoptera is already 5MEO dominant). It'll be at least a year or two before I have quantifiable results to contribute on aquatica. (attached)

Eaglepath
#26 Posted : 11/5/2019 8:04:31 AM

Yeah the plants doesnt seems to mind a hot water bath for some time and afterwards their spirit is travelling the funny route for in the end ending up in my spirit to explode together in the cosmic fireworks.. something like that feels better than people squeezing around on the little frogs haha

Yeah I remember this Pulchellum.. And Phalaris I tried to grow sometime but without any luck.

I wish someone could just say something like: This X plant works with this X Tek and you get that plant at X supplier. Vamos venga! Smile

endlessness
#27 Posted : 11/5/2019 10:58:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mycosis wrote:

With that in mind, I personally am of the opinion that Phyllodium pulchellum (Desmodium pulchellum) and certain cultivars of Phalaris aquatica are the most worthy of investigation. I have some seeds of the former on the way and a few clumps of the latter (var. stenoptera) I'm in the process of growing out. Of course, if these pulchellum seeds are viable I will propagate and share the vendor immediately. Other than that, I think aquatica is the next best bet...it definitely grows faster than arundinacea and seems easy to control which alkaloid is dominant (DMT/vs 5MEO) by the amount of sunlight received. (according to existing literature, var. stenoptera is already 5MEO dominant). It'll be at least a year or two before I have quantifiable results to contribute on aquatica. (attached)

Please do share in our supplier section good sources of seeds and live plants if results are good. It seems you have informed yourself well but in case you missed it, I summed up the growing conditions to optimize alkaloid production in Phalaris in the beginning of this post, including the sunlight factor you mentioned.

Eaglepath wrote:

Does he give any more interesting info about this plant in his presentation apart from the published 0.04% value?

Eaglepath wrote:

I have no experienced with frogs, not sure if its possible to harvest the frog without stressing them. It would also be of questionable ethics to buy them, have them shipped, or to get wild frogs and keep them trapped. Maybe others have more info regarding the frogs and can comment on it.

Eaglepath wrote:

I wish someone could just say something like: This X plant works with this X Tek and you get that plant at X supplier. Vamos venga! Smile

That's pretty much what I did in my previous post, after looking at all the info I could find on plants that have 5-MeO-DMT, I chose the top 5 plants I think would be worth exploring, and further down in the post mentioned about how to extract and how to test to see if its a success or not. If you're not in Brazil and have nobody there to help you, then best bets from the list so far seem to be growing D. pulchellum or growing some Phalaris. Why did your Phalaris attempt not work?

Maybe you can join sharetheseeds, potentially people there might have access to A. falcata seeds which would be a great option to experiment more with.

Let us know if you try anything out... Good luck!

mycosis
#28 Posted : 11/5/2019 11:45:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:

Please do share in our supplier section good sources of seeds and live plants if results are good. It seems you have informed yourself well but in case you missed it, I summed up the growing conditions to optimize alkaloid production in Phalaris in the beginning of this post, including the sunlight factor you mentioned.

I do intend to share the good news! I also just received some Tabernanthe iboga from another vendor, and they do appear to be viable thus far (scarification/pre-soak left for an hour and they sunk w/pockets of air around them still) so I might have another one to add as well. Smile

I think I may have even gotten that PDF from the thread mentioned. Wut? The work you've done has definitely saved me a lot of trial and error, as well as time. Thank you for that!

endlessness wrote:

I have no experienced with frogs, not sure if its possible to harvest the frog without stressing them. It would also be of questionable ethics to buy them, have them shipped, or to get wild frogs and keep them trapped. Maybe others have more info regarding the frogs and can comment on it.

I have three as pets. Two I wouldn't have a problem milking as they trust me. The youngest male is still too flighty to handle like that (he only gets weighed every so often and he hates that even). Thankfully, I haven't needed to milk my toadies yet and I'd rather not...which is why I'm pursuing sustainable plant sources simultaneously. As for stressing them, in the wild I'm sure the experience is very stressful (and deadly). As pets, my female will literally run up and jump in my hand. She's cool with whatever I do to her. The other older male is as well though he isn't as social. Contrary to popular opinion, I don't believe milking them is painful either. The whole eye closing thing is their natural reaction to just about anything. They do it during terrarium mistings, whenever they are stepped on by each other, when they step forward (physical effort), etc. One doesn't need to squeeze at all...just a gentle stroke.

As for the illegal pet trade/poaching...that is definitely unethical. In fact a number of endangered species on this planet are endangered solely because of the pet trade. That being said, there have been captive breeders of these wonderful creatures for at least a decade so if one can ensure they are sourced in this manner, the harm is minimized greatly I would think. Shipping herps is always overnight and the stress would be no different than a trip to the vet. People from all over the world trekking to their small, fragile, and shrinking ecosystem is surely the largest threat to the species (no defenses, fungal infections from insanitary handling, foreign pathogens, etc). Coming in at a close second is pollution.

Fortunately, there are enough of them out there in the wild and as pets across the world (and in zoos) that they will never become extinct. As for their habitat, they're toads...they will thrive (and do) anywhere other toads do. They have even been known to hybridize with other species successfully so their future is secure I would say.

Eaglepath
#29 Posted : 11/5/2019 2:58:52 PM

Moderator wrote:
Edited. Please no discussion of buying dried psychoactive materials, barks/resins, etc

endlessness wrote:
mycosis wrote:

Eaglepath wrote:

Does he give any more interesting info about this plant in his presentation apart from the published 0.04% value?

Eaglepath wrote:

Eaglepath wrote:

That's pretty much what I did in my previous post, after looking at all the info I could find on plants that have 5-MeO-DMT, I chose the top 5 plants I think would be worth exploring, and further down in the post mentioned about how to extract and how to test to see if its a success or not. If you're not in Brazil and have nobody there to help you, then best bets from the list so far seem to be growing D. pulchellum or growing some Phalaris. Why did your Phalaris attempt not work?

Maybe you can join sharetheseeds, potentially people there might have access to A. falcata seeds which would be a great option to experiment more with.

Let us know if you try anything out... Good luck!

I dont remember exactly what he said, I just came out of the presentation positive for this plant. But maybe its an illusion..

I will look into Theiodora after seeing that on your list, this was said to be rich with resin, so lets try something with this even though many seems to have tried before.

You read wrong regarding the frogsSmile I meant that I want to leave them alone and find another source for the 5 meo. I am now working with the venom but because Im doing more and more work with people I would want another source for this medicine.

I will get back with updates regarding the Virola.

The Phalaris dried out, probably due to bad grower (me) Smile

endlessness
#30 Posted : 11/6/2019 9:16:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mycosis,

Thanks for explaining more about the frogs!

Eaglepath,

Cool, let us know how your experiments go!

rOm
#31 Posted : 11/6/2019 11:02:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Eaglepath, may we have success with this virola theiodora as 5 MeO DMT source.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Eaglepath
#32 Posted : 11/6/2019 11:17:22 AM

I will keep you updated! May the God of extractions be with me!

Eaglepath
#33 Posted : 11/12/2019 3:35:50 PM

I tried an extraction with Virola Theiodora.

Did an A/B. Then basified with sodium carbonate. Pulled first with Hexane, freezer over night. In the morning I was left with a tiny bit of sticky goo. When vaped it smelled like spice.

I did a second run with Toluene, to yield another sticky goo which smelled like an amazing perfume. It smelled perfume when vaped as well and I got some weird effect from this: calmness and clarity of mind with a sort of soft buzzing in my ears.

No 5 meo here!

Possible advancement of this tek would be to dissolve the goo into some alcohol and use as a perfume. Amazing smell!Smile

mycosis
#34 Posted : 11/12/2019 3:52:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Moderator wrote:
Edited. Please no discussion of buying dried materials potentially containing scheduled materials. Thank you.

I will have some dried Phyllodium pulchellum (found as Pai Qian Cao). Based off the image associated with the listing, it is the whole plant chopped up (leaves, stems, roots). I'm rather limited in what I can do physically but I will certainly perform a crude extraction and TLC on it. It's commonly used as a medicine in China, which also happens to be the country of origin so I'm hoping it's active. Thumbs up

abrelosojos
#35 Posted : 11/12/2019 4:42:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Eaglepath wrote:

Did an A/B. Then basified with sodium carbonate. Pulled first with Hexane, freezer over night. In the morning I was left with a tiny bit of sticky goo. When vaped it smelled like spice.

I did a second run with Toluene, to yield another sticky goo which smelled like an amazing perfume. It smelled perfume when vaped as well and I got some weird effect from this: calmness and clarity of mind with a sort of soft buzzing in my ears.

No 5 meo here!

Possible advancement of this tek would be to dissolve the goo into some alcohol and use as a perfume. Amazing smell!Smile

I remerber clearly the smell of 5-Meo as if you just poured water down a burning shrub of roses. Quite fragrant!!

endlessness
#36 Posted : 11/12/2019 9:26:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mycosis, curious to know the results of your experiments, keep us informed!

Eaglepath wrote:
(...)

Thanks for sharing!

What part of the plant was it? Seems most of the 5-MeO-DMT is in the resin, not the bark itself.

Also, not sure if that experiment is very conclusive regarding 5-MeO-DMT presence, unless you follow it up with at least some reagent test to see if there are tryptamine-based substances there. Maybe it was the right thing but just very little of it if it was extracted from bark?

Eaglepath
#37 Posted : 11/13/2019 6:54:56 AM

Quote:
I remerber clearly the smell of 5-Meo as if you just poured water down a burning shrub of roses. Quite fragrant!!

Yes its amazing... but this fragrance was more like some Burberry after shave or something.. More "musky".. The bark smelled the same as the extract.. and the smoke as well..

Quote:
Thanks for sharing!

What part of the plant was it? Seems most of the 5-MeO-DMT is in the resin, not the bark itself.

Also, not sure if that experiment is very conclusive regarding 5-MeO-DMT presence, unless you follow it up with at least some reagent test to see if there are tryptamine-based substances there. Maybe it was the right thing but just very little of it if it was extracted from bark?

Of course!

It was bark that was said to be rich in resin.. But yeah..

I have worked a lot with 5 meo or Bufo this year.. Both micro and macro dosages.. I would know if it was anything present.. But of course not if its in a very tiny amount.. It could be, but if so not worth trying to extract from..

But its definitely a cocktail of some tryptamines!

Eaglepath
#38 Posted : 11/13/2019 6:56:01 AM

[quote=mycosis]I will have some Phyllodium pulchellum (found as Pai Qian Cao). Based off the image associated with the listing, it is the whole plant chopped up (leaves, stems, roots). I'm rather limited in what I can do physically but I will certainly perform a crude extraction and TLC on it. It's commonly used as a medicine in China, which also happens to be the country of origin so I'm hoping it's active. Thumbs up

Very intriguing! Best luck with this!

mycosis
#39 Posted : 12/20/2019 12:02:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So I received the dried herb and started on a small 50g extraction. I have about 200mg of some kind of fumarate? that I redissolved in water and have basing w/sodium carb in the fridge currently. 200mg seems a bit high to me...I'm suspecting that this may be just calcium fumarate since I based with an excess (50g) of calcium hydroxide and then salted out with FASI. I took 50mg of it, tried to redissolve in acetone and filter/evaporated. I'm left with about 48mg of the same material.

Calcium hydroxide + Fumaric Acid => Calcium fumarate?

Attaching a few pics of the precipitate in D-Limonene and after vacuum filter/evap. As a side note, it took ~200 ml of water to dissolve 150mg of this stuff...is that normal?

Thanks in advance...
mycosis attached the following image(s):
IMG_20191220_052914.jpg (2,803kb) downloaded 165 time(s).
IMG_20191220_053004.jpg (4,021kb) downloaded 164 time(s).
IMG_20191220_061447.jpg (3,142kb) downloaded 165 time(s).

Eaglepath
#40 Posted : 12/20/2019 5:39:38 PM

Im no expert here but it seems like you are correct that this is an excess of calcium hydroxide unfortunately.

Due to being christmas and all you have now a responsibility to find the 5 meo in there so we can order all Pai Qian Cao in the world!!!!Big grin

PREV123NEXT