We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Tlc plate production Options

Creachemist
#1 Posted : 11/12/2019 9:56:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone,

I want to make my own tlc plates but i want to give them a uv indicator and are limited with resources, somewhere i read zincsulfide but that what not the best option and i dont know how much of it should be in there.

My questions are:
How much of the indicator should go in the silica/gypsum mix or what are the easy to obtain/produce alternatives?

Thanks for anyone who can help me

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 11/14/2019 7:36:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey friend!

Here is a relevant link:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=970305#post970305

One question though, why are you making your TLC plates? I mean, I think DIY is always cool to make one more independent, as well as for the experience.. That being said, its probably significantly cheaper (and easier) to just buy a TLC kit, if you have "limited resources" or time. Plus you'd have a more standardized product to work with, would be easier to have more constant Rf values and what not.

That being said, if you do try to make TLC plates, please take pics and post for us, Im sure a lot of us would love to see!

Creachemist
#3 Posted : 11/15/2019 7:23:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Hey friend!

Here is a relevant link:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=970305#post970305

One question though, why are you making your TLC plates? I mean, I think DIY is always cool to make one more independent, as well as for the experience.. That being said, its probably significantly cheaper (and easier) to just buy a TLC kit, if you have "limited resources" or time. Plus you'd have a more standardized product to work with, would be easier to have more constant Rf values and what not.

That being said, if you do try to make TLC plates, please take pics and post for us, Im sure a lot of us would love to see!

I love the DIY factor in the things that i love to do, the whole road extaction is what interests me, it may isnt perfect but its fun and i want to make my own silica from waterglass and HCL, if it all goes succesful i will post some pics

Thank you for your response! i am going to read it this instant.