We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
time to harvest ?????? Options

TalkingGarden
#1 Posted : 11/9/2019 4:48:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys I know some online places stop sale during summer they wont harvest....but those places are a lot hotter than by me. I plan on winterizing them but wondering if I chop some now should I let it start to grow back right away or winter and then let them grow back next year any ideas????

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

dragonrider
#2 Posted : 11/9/2019 7:26:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Why would you want to wait? Do you mean you plan to grow them outside?

TalkingGarden
#3 Posted : 11/9/2019 9:59:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well here its cold as hell this year they stayed in the window and grew pretty ok...next year they are going outside for the summer. Problem is well 1 of the ones I got and cut early summer never grew again. obviously did something wrong I dont know. I kinda want to cut these now but wasn't sure if I cut them if I should keep watering them through the winter (the room with decent windows will get cold at some points) so not sure if I cut them if I should keep watering them and keep them in the windows or if I cut should I stop watering and when it gets warm again will they grow....trying to avoid the situation where the last 1 I cut never grew back. Dont know much about these cacti yet!

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 11/9/2019 10:13:27 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

If you plan on consuming your cuts, the sooner you cut them the better. We can reasonably suspect that allowing cuttings a month or so's rest in a cool, dark and dry (as in, not damp) place will have a positive effect on their alkaloid content.

IME, it's best to keep the cut plants pretty much dry throughout the winter - just give them a little rainwater if they start looking excessively shrivelled; watering of intact specimens is dependant on temperature, light levels and, inversely, relative humidity.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

TalkingGarden
#5 Posted : 11/9/2019 10:40:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok THANKS! yeh going to cut tomorow....still kinda deciding if i just want to put them in a heated room with lights or not??