We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Eureka... I think (7-HO-Mitragynine) Options

twitchy
#1 Posted : 7/8/2019 10:19:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been in moderate to severe pain now for about two years due to a serious spine injury and several surgeries back there... long story short, my lower back is now more titanium than bone and I've been in pain ever since. I don't know if you know anything about pain management doctors, but they are basically the Fourth Reich. It's a long complicated story, but somewhere about six months into this ordeal, I discovered Kratom, and less than a year later I was cultivating my own, hoping to granny clause it in when and if NC bans it.

Studying up on things, I learned that the active alkaloids are Mitragynine and 7-HO-Mitragynine that are responsible for the analgesic properties. There's one type of kratom in particular that is said to be higher in the more potent 7-HO-Mitragynine due to a curing process that involved water and sunlight in a bag called Bentuangie. My own bio-assays of this particular type, along with all the information I could find seemed to confirm this as it was indeed significantly more analgesic than other strains or drying methods. I dug into why this was, and the method used to cure it was said to be responsible. I found a few credible sources that made seemingly sensible claims that sunlight in an oxygenated environment converted some of the mitragynine to 7-HO-Mitragynine.

I decided to duplicate this bentuangie process as best I could by taking several large leaves of fresh kratom, misting them with 3% H2O2, and placing them into a clear glass baking dish in the sun, covered with plastic film. I turned them over every couple of hours and replaced the plastic wrap and within about 6 hours or so in the full sun, they turned a deep brownish-red, comparable to the Bentuangie I had seen before in retail form. I then shade dried this out and stored them in the freezer for about a month. Today, I finally got around to doing a bio-assay of the final product and I can say with some certainty that the potency of my rifat kratom has been markedly increased in terms of analgesia, and the effective dosage for this effect has been roughly halved. Maybe some of you guys with more of a background in chemistry can chime in as I'm well aware that bio-assay can be very subjective and the fresh kratom may be fooling me with it's potency increase.

Any objections or improvements, suggestions etc.? I have an oxygen concentrator, access to a fair amount of fresh kratom leaves, and plenty of spare time if this is indeed viable, then I'd like to contribute to the knowledge base for Kratom as it probably saved my life, to be honest, and if not then it damned sure kept me out of pain for nearly six months months while some ass-hat doctor waited for my THC levels to satisfy the DEA who has now decided to get into your health care in the US. If I can help someone in a similar situation, then by god...
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

twitchy
#2 Posted : 7/11/2019 10:43:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I finished curing a second batch of fresh kratom leaves today with the same method, and looks like I got the same result but I haven't tested the potency yet. If anyone is interested, I'd be glad to post a tek, if you can call it that, but I'd rather be certain this is actually working beyond my own bio-assay before I promote it as a method. Was hoping someone with some chemistry mojo could run this through a more learned mind and see if it seems valid to them.
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

moyshekapoyre
#3 Posted : 8/2/2019 8:35:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Oh wow are you the guy that prompted this? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih...pmc/articles/PMC5135684/

twitchy
#4 Posted : 8/2/2019 9:20:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No, but I'm guessing that I'm on the right track with the oxygenated environment based on something similar I had read. I have an oxygen concentrator that can put out about 95% purity at 5 liters a minute, was thinking about trying it out on a spread of fresh kratom leaves in a sealed and clear container in sunlight, but I wanted to try to get some confirmation that it's even possible from some of the more chemistry minded here before I put in the effort.

Cactus Man
#5 Posted : 11/4/2019 9:24:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This inspires me to give bentuangie another try, when getting kratom online you never REALLY know regarding the strains sadly though.

twitchy
#6 Posted : 11/4/2019 11:33:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There's one vendor I've tried so far that has real red bentuangie and are reliable quality IME, but I don't know the rules about Kratom here on the nexus. (redacted)... Recently ordered red bentuangie from another vendor and got some pale green rubbish so I'm going back to the other next time. Don't know what your local climate is like or if you are into plants, but the Kratom tree is a fast grower and the Rifat strain seems pretty potent.
Love your avatar cactus... "What hump?" LOL

endlessness
#7 Posted : 11/5/2019 12:01:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No talking about dry plant sources, but it would be fine if it's live cuttings.

Mindlusion
#8 Posted : 11/5/2019 12:15:23 AM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

out of curiosity I isolated mitragynine from a crude extract of green maeng da via column chromatography, the mitragynine isolated was about 90% pure, i converted it to 7-ho-mitragynine by reacting it with an special oxidant, a known method in the literature. Unfortunately, the bioassay (between 1-7mg) was less than spectacular. Definitely a strong analgesic, but at times dysphoric and caused a massive headache and hangover the following day. Plain leaf was much preferred. Can't recommend the herb itself unless in special instances (like in the case of spinal injury, by all means use it), in my less dire circumstances, it caused me a lot more pain then it was worth.

Mitragynine alone and in combination with the 7-ho-mitragynine were also less than spectacular, seems the unique effects (and side effects) of kratom come from the special cocktail in the plant.
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

twitchy
#9 Posted : 11/5/2019 5:27:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
No talking about dry plant sources, but it would be fine if it's live cuttings.

Done. Thumbs up

Cactus Man
#10 Posted : 11/5/2019 10:56:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

twitchy wrote:
There's one vendor I've tried so far that has real red bentuangie and are reliable quality IME, but I don't know the rules about Kratom here on the nexus. (redacted)... Recently ordered red bentuangie from another vendor and got some pale green rubbish so I'm going back to the other next time. Don't know what your local climate is like or if you are into plants, but the Kratom tree is a fast grower and the Rifat strain seems pretty potent.
Love your avatar cactus... "What hump?" LOL

Right on. Love your avatar too! Johnny and Burt Thumbs up