We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PEA in P. semilanceata and possible adverse effects Options

dithyramb
#1 Posted : 10/27/2019 6:45:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have had 4 syrian Rue and Liberty caps experiences so far. While the mushroom feels very healthy and benign, on my last two experiences I was left with a unique feeling of sickness, nausea, weakness of the heart and imminence of fainting. While it was managable and left no traces on the next days, it got me thinking of this paper which I had previously encountered. Apparently there are cases of actual poisoning from Liberty caps, and the PEA in libs is the suspect so far. Does anybody have knowledge about this?

Here is the paper: https://academic.oup.com...1/45/2266985/22-1-45.pdf
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

null24
#2 Posted : 10/27/2019 7:11:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

What was the weight of your dose, compared to the potency? From what I understand, one has to eat a large quantity of flesh to get effects, I don't digest the chitin very well and large amounts of mushrooms will give me awful gas and nausea, and often after the come down...
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

dithyramb
#3 Posted : 10/27/2019 7:49:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

16 fresh mushrooms and 20 dry mushrooms were my doses in the two separate experiences, both accompanied bu 5-6g Rue.

The effects were very strong, complete possession and ego loss.

The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

dragonrider
#4 Posted : 10/27/2019 8:08:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's a lot of rue. Have you taken that much of it before?

The rue by itself could account for the effects you experienced.

King Tryptamine
#5 Posted : 10/27/2019 8:31:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Pretty interesting to say the least, never heard of any report documenting the central/peripheral effects elicited by phenethylamine in combination with an inhibitor of monoamine oxidase A. I will however mention that one possible way (albeit not the safest) of determining whether PEA is indeed the bad culprit in your adverse reaction would be to consume a given dose of PEA with a low dose of harmalas via rue (approx 2-3g).

Note:

A low dose of harmalas because the dose you mentioned taking (5-6g) is also likely to induce those feelings you listed "sickness, nausea, weakness of the heart and imminence of fainting" on its own right, let alone in combination with P.semilanceata. Furthermore the symptoms of rue poisoning often resolve in a few hours 6-8h approx depending on dose quoting your statement "left no traces on the next days".

Hope I could be of some help, P.S. you've aroused my curiosity about the PEA + Harmala combination now, might have to give it a try myself after a bit of research on saftey lol.

Jagube
#6 Posted : 10/28/2019 1:22:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

King Tryptamine wrote:
a low dose of harmalas via rue (approx 2-3g).

I consider 2-3g rue a strong dose. It gives me strong tracers for a good 8 hours.

dithyramb
#7 Posted : 10/28/2019 7:01:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes I have taken that much and much more before. Mine is a special strain that is gentler, and also I have a special preparation method that I recently developed, which allows for raising the dose, giving very deep immersive experiences without physical difficulties. İn fact the highest I have reached with mushrooms was with 8g rue and 32 mushrooms. İt was an experience to be remembered for a lifetime, and I did not experience any physical difficulties then.

The feeling of sickness I mentioned in my first post was different from the feelings I get from rue. I wonder if it is the "body load" one gets with rue and mushrooms, that is not present with rue and dmt plants.

I wonder, has anybody felt sick from P. semilanceata, with or without rue?

Also, how does one obtain PEA?

~ Pablo Amaringo

King Tryptamine
#8 Posted : 10/28/2019 12:10:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I don't know weather or not its allowed to talk about sourcing PEA so its best if you ask one of the moderators instead. However I will say its (PEA) generally, a legal substance and its precursor phenylalanine can be found in various supplement stores being an essential amino acid with no direct psychoactive effect.

Cautionary note: Phenylalanine is also converted to tyrosine which in tern is converted to tyramine. Tyramine isn't the best molecule in terms of peripheral effects, however the harmalas being a reversible inhibitor of monoamine oxidase A, I'm not sure how much weight that statement carries since harmine/harmaline can detach from the enzyme in the presence of tyramine and allow for its metabolism.

Conversion link:

https://commons.wikimedi...e_amine_biosynthesis.png

dithyramb
#9 Posted : 11/2/2019 6:35:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, King Tryptamine.

~ Pablo Amaringo

ShamensStamen
#10 Posted : 11/2/2019 9:46:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Jagube wrote:
King Tryptamine wrote:
a low dose of harmalas via rue (approx 2-3g).

I consider 2-3g rue a strong dose. It gives me strong tracers for a good 8 hours.

Maybe you don't have much CYP2D6? That would make the Harmalas more potent and more lengthened in duration, like when using a CYP2D6 inhibitor with Harmalas. For me, 2 grams of Rue is a good dose, but it's light, 3 grams is more my style, a moderate dosage. 4 to 4.5 grams is strong, anything over that is quite heavy. Another possibility is that consuming the Rue regularly will build up the Harmala reverse tolerance which in turn reduces the dosage necessary for potent effects.