We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cactus Cactus Options

FranLover
#1 Posted : 10/31/2019 10:32:38 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Are they cool or what?
FranLover attached the following image(s):
20191031_183021.jpg (3,216kb) downloaded 199 time(s).
20191031_183105.jpg (3,308kb) downloaded 199 time(s).
20191031_183121.jpg (2,843kb) downloaded 200 time(s).
20191031_183356.jpg (3,831kb) downloaded 198 time(s).
1000334.jpg (4,069kb) downloaded 193 time(s).
1000336.jpg (3,749kb) downloaded 193 time(s).
1000330.jpg (3,831kb) downloaded 192 time(s).
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

brewster
#2 Posted : 10/31/2019 10:58:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A pretty set you have there Big grin

FranLover
#3 Posted : 10/31/2019 11:04:07 PM

Indeed Big grin There are very few reports on 24inches san pedro though. Guess I'll have to find out myself, maybe add a bridgesii to the mix?

As for cutting bottom and top for propogation, any tips?
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 11/1/2019 12:16:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

They do look beautiful!

What are they supposedly? Looks like a bridge, a peruvianus and 2 pachanois?

(ps: this was posted in the mushrooms subforum so moved it here Very happy )

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 11/1/2019 12:23:50 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:

It's very easy. An inch thick slice from the bottom, maybe slightly thicker from the top. Use a razor blade if possible, or whatever blade you have that's absolutely the sharpest. Wait a couple of weeks for the cut surfaces to callus over (make sure you note/mark which is the original bottom surface - or plant on the side if you forget to do this!) Then it's a matter of standing your cuttings on a layer of fine to medium grit over free-draining compost and waiting until they decide to grow roots, and in the case of base cuttings pups as well. They enjoy a fine misting every so often.

Good luck!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

FranLover
#6 Posted : 11/1/2019 12:25:42 PM

endlessness wrote:
They do look beautiful!

What are they supposedly? Looks like a bridge, a peruvianus and 2 pachanois?

(ps: this was posted in the mushrooms subforum so moved it here Very happy )

Hi! Two are San Pedro, the other two are bridgesii. The bridgesii are very healthy, the san pedro are yellow.

FranLover
#7 Posted : 11/1/2019 12:50:28 PM

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Quote:

It's very easy. An inch thick slice from the bottom, maybe slightly thicker from the top. Use a razor blade if possible, or whatever blade you have that's absolutely the sharpest. Wait a couple of weeks for the cut surfaces to callus over (make sure you note/mark which is the original bottom surface - or plant on the side if you forget to do this!) Then it's a matter of standing your cuttings on a layer of fine to medium grit over free-draining compost and waiting until they decide to grow roots, and in the case of base cuttings pups as well. They enjoy a fine misting every so often.

Good luck!

Think I got it Wink
20191101_084928.jpg (3,163kb) downloaded 157 time(s).
20191101_165713.jpg (3,145kb) downloaded 124 time(s).

Grey Fox
#8 Posted : 11/1/2019 5:09:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Congrats Fran!

Best luck with them! Thumbs up

Looks like you definitely caught the cactus bug. Very happy
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

FranLover
#9 Posted : 11/1/2019 7:00:14 PM

Grey Fox wrote:
Congrats Fran!

Best luck with them! Thumbs up

Looks like you definitely caught the cactus bug. Very happy

Thanks FoxPleased Do you think the picture above is a safe dose? 20" san pedro, 10" bridgesii.

Grey Fox
#10 Posted : 11/1/2019 7:34:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Fran do you know anything about those San Pedros? They are Pachanoi? Its hard to say how strong it will be. If all 3 of those cuttings have good potency it should be a strong trip. Could be extremely strong.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

FranLover
#11 Posted : 11/1/2019 8:11:24 PM

Grey Fox wrote:
Fran do you know anything about those San Pedros? They are Pachanoi? Its hard to say how strong it will be. If all 3 of those cuttings have good potency it should be a strong trip. Could be extremely strong.

Echinopsis pachanoi. I have no idea about them. I have to have faith because I am looking for a breakthrough experience...its a thin line. Its also possible that in the moment I drink them I'll be able to feel how strong it is. The bridgesii cutting is 8", the san papis are 8" each aswell. So I dont think its a dangerous dose if I were to consume it all.

dreamer042
#12 Posted : 11/1/2019 8:37:56 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Wait for the top and bottom cuts to callous over before you put them in soil. If you are in a humid climate it may not be a bad idea to sprinkle the cuts wtih cinnamon or sulfur to prevent rot. If you plant the bottom cuts sideways under the earth with some of the aeroles sticking up at the top of the soil you may get moar than one pup per cut. For future reference I usually prefer to take cuts in the 4-6" range as they generally are moar successful than the smaller cuts.

In any case, I'm sure they'll do fine for ya and you'll find much reward in this line of exploration. Are you planning to make tea or do an extraction?
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

FranLover
#13 Posted : 11/2/2019 4:09:31 AM

dreamer042 wrote:
Wait for the top and bottom cuts to callous over before you put them in soil. If you are in a humid climate it may not be a bad idea to sprinkle the cuts wtih cinnamon or sulfur to prevent rot. If you plant the bottom cuts sideways under the earth with some of the aeroles sticking up at the top of the soil you may get moar than one pup per cut. For future reference I usually prefer to take cuts in the 4-6" range as they generally are moar successful than the smaller cuts.

In any case, I'm sure they'll do fine for ya and you'll find much reward in this line of exploration. Are you planning to make tea or do an extraction?

Thank you for the tips!
Just gonna make plain ol tea!

FranLover
#14 Posted : 11/2/2019 9:07:27 PM

Powerful bridgesii!
20191102_170418.jpg (4,351kb) downloaded 92 time(s).

FranLover
#15 Posted : 11/2/2019 9:22:36 PM

How does this look?
20191102_172132.jpg (4,097kb) downloaded 86 time(s).
20191102_172101.jpg (3,129kb) downloaded 86 time(s).
20191102_175204.jpg (3,782kb) downloaded 80 time(s).

downwardsfromzero
#16 Posted : 11/2/2019 10:28:32 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

It looks pretty good, although I'd have cut the slices half as thick - but that's just me (you should see my cucumber salad!)

Looks like you'll be feeling the love soon - put a bit extra in from me Love

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Grey Fox
#17 Posted : 11/3/2019 1:49:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Journey well brother!
IT WAS ALL A DREAM