We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Unnamed Hybrid (pach/peru) intense Options

coAsTal
#1 Posted : 10/26/2019 4:49:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This won't bee too detailed, because the day warped into a couple phases that all seemed the same.

PREP:
~20" worth-- I have had it in a box in the dark for a couple of months.
Sliced off only green flesh, no core, thin sliced that, and boiled w/vinegar added for about 8 hours on slow simmer (added water only through the day, did not drain and re-water)
Pressed plant matter out within a cloth bag to get all liquid out.
Resulted in about 2/3 of a quart mason jar of light tan liquid.

I let this sit for a few days in the fridge to settle out particulates and slime, then poured the clarified juice into a pot and slow-simmered until it was down to about 300ml or so.

Put in a narrow jar to again settle out solids for several days in fridge.

Day of:
--Brewed concentrated coffee and added to clarified juice (this is now in a different container).
--Brewed concentrated Mexican Tarragon tea and added to clarified juice.
--Added a pinch of piperine powder.
--Added a small amount of leftover caapi wood brew left over from my mind-melting Aya experience this summer.

Resulting mix was about 1/2 of a quart mason jar.

This combo makes the drink shockingly palatable-- you won't believe it until you try it-- all ingredients are symbiotic with cactus. Drink warm/hot.

--Drank at 0430 over about 15 minutes.

--0515 heavy sedation experienced and mild nausea- I should mention that I was only able to get a few hours sleep the night prior because of reasons, and had not eaten since lunch the day prior. I chewed a small amount of calamus root and it did wonders on the nausea for awhile

I'm going to guess from here on with times

--0700 I am definitely tripping now. Nausea returning more prominently again-- I drink a little water but it's not comfortable. Texture swirling is appearing on surfaces-- like small recursive dark swirls appearing in blank spaces everywhere. CEV are angular and fractal. Body load is significant but I can walk with care. My skin is translucent and alive.

--0800 Time to purge after all-- it was more foam than anything, and looked like a cloud in the basin. little volume-- I kept all the drink in plenty long enough--this was residue. The wood floors were fucking unbelievable by the way-- alive and constantly morphing.

I decide to take a shower before going any deeper-- it was challenging, and everything seemed extremely dirty-- all stains or textures seemed soiled and gross, but it didn't spook me, just odd. I enter the peak zone around here

The sound... this was unique on the audio front for me-- there was a constant grinding/throbbing/rumbling/warbling sound with or without my noise-cancelling headphones on (I was in music almost the entire time) as though there was construction equipment nearby.
Since there were landscapers nearby with their mowers that was probably it, but it was really bizarre that I could "feel" the noise as though I was rooted to the ground-- music or no--almost constantly. It was not negative but did make things seem dirty/grungy.

Music was good, but definitely not as good as oral rue harmalas w/DMT vaped. There was a alteration to it that made it different somehow. Noisier somehow, with a trailing echo and almost polluted with that diesel grinding sound nearby. Still enjoyable though.

--1000 I go to the porch and sit on my chair-- nature and the neighborhood are breathtaking but overwhelming. I feel exposed and worry that I am too far gone to risk attention which wasn't a great feeling. The sky/clouds are all living oil painting vortexes, and the trees are twisting and breathing. Holy shit. I wish it were a more private space that I could have enjoyed more outdoors.

This general peak continues for several hours-- all music and trying to keep it together.
I had a lot of unexpected memories of my childhood too-- things from when I was a little boy. I would get sidetracked by them, and felt like I was 7 again re-living things I had completely forgotten.
I never felt any real loss of control even though it was very intense--though it wasn't that far away--I'm glad I didn't take 24" instead of 20". There was moderate confusion when navigating my place and making decisions-- I can't imagine having to talk to anyone under that effect.

I spent a little time in front of a mirror too, listening to music. (thanks to a thread here on the Nexus that reminded me to do it Smile )
I saw myself de-age by decades, and it felt like I remembered that I am still the me inside that I have been since youth, which was nice.
I also went back outside a couple times to sit-- at different points the sky was so magnificent-- so many sunlit wisps were moving-- just magical.
I wanted it to get dark so I could go back outside and feel less observed.

--1700 The peak has passed, but I am still visually altered-- my head hurts and I know I'm dehydrated and haven't eaten in 24 hours. I take some Aleve and drink a lot of water. Make some tea, and wait for evening.

--1900 I am still feeling different, but regaining a sense of normal-- visuals are over, I eat some chips and settle in for the night.

Overall I would say it was a positive experience-- my strongest cactus trip yet.
Definitely want to try in a less urban area, ad that cast a tone over the experience that could be improved, but overall it went well.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Grey Fox
#2 Posted : 10/26/2019 5:16:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great report Coastal! Thanks for sharing how it went for you. I hope next time you can be in nature and get away from those construction noises.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

coAsTal
#3 Posted : 10/27/2019 2:07:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you GF--

I also think to mention that it wasn't really an emotional trip-- I've had cactus in the past that was very warm with intimate feeling, but this was more on the mental side, if that makes any sense. I didn't feel any sense of love or benevolence, I was just tripping. It was also not very speedy/amped feeling.
If I had been in a cabin in the woods or something similar I think it would have really improved the aura around things-- I just regret that I don't have the means to do that.

Grey Fox
#4 Posted : 10/27/2019 5:12:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some of my best cactus trips have been while camping. Maybe that could be an option for you one day? These days I mostly trip on cactus in my backyard at night. Its especially nice when the full moon is out. At night everything quiets down and all the neighbors are asleep. There is a peacefulness to the neighborhood, and sometimes owls and other cool night creatures come out. The moon and stars look amazing with cactus, especially if you can find a section of the yard that is blocked off from streetlights/porchlights, etc. A small fire is nice too, but of course only if it can be safely managed.

I really like your description of feeling the continuity with your childhood self. It puts things in perspective when you think about that continuity. I find each trip to be different, and sometimes it takes some time to pass after the trip before you realize how much you learned. Ultimately, for me, the greatest impacts from these cactus trips come when the way I live my life is changed by what the cactus reveals. Its nice to have cool insights during a trip. But how does it change the way you live and treat other people? Thats what I look for and think about.

Your description of the trip was very detailed and I felt like I was there with you while reading it. Thanks for contributing to further knowledge about these cacti.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

coAsTal
#5 Posted : 10/28/2019 4:55:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm grateful for your kind words-- I look forward to the day I can safely surround myself in nature and put these cosmic glasses on-- just about everyone recommends this, and for good reason! I live in a suburban area, so I don't see it happening soon--especially as winter is very near now.

I did once try (some very old and weak, I'm afraid) LSD at a cabin in a NM forest many years ago-- it was heavenly, and as you astutely mentioned, the highlight from that experience (my only with LSD sadly) was the fireplace that was inside-- it was covered on 3 sides with glass and looked like a portal into different dimensions!
I could also see the trees outside as there was a beautifully designed picture window that formed a long horizontal triangle where the roof peaked at the wall-- it was a beautiful experience! I've always been terribly sad that for one reason or another I have never found LSD before or since-- it felt like something I was born to experience.

But back to our friendly cactus, I do believe my next experience will be at night-- I almost always trip in the evening, be it Aya or my wonderful rue extract w/DMT. I adore night-time visuals and feelings-- the light of the stars and the aura is so inviting compared to the stark bombardment of sunlight--

Grey Fox
#6 Posted : 10/29/2019 2:00:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It sounds like that was a wonderful LSD experience. I dabbled with LSD years ago, but have found that cactus and mushrooms are much more to my liking. But I understand the appeal of LSD. For me it was very visual and my mind was flooded with new ideas and associations. But I find that mushrooms and cactus have a more instructive and healing influence, which for me was lacking with LSD.

I hope that you keep letting us know how your experiences with cactus go. I find it so interesting to hear how the cactus affects everyone differently. And yet some common themes always seem to emerge.

If you ever get the chance to look at the full moon and stars in a dark sky away from city lights, I highly recommend it. And cannabis and cactus together is also something to try if you are so inclined. Thanks for the window into your journey! It was a great read.
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

FranLover
#7 Posted : 10/29/2019 6:00:23 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Thank you for a fine read! There are many insights here which are useful. In my recent travel into the heart of the earth I spent all day outside, watched sunset turn to sunrise, and slept outside looking at the night sky and stars above...I wonder whats so bad about your porch though. Just look at the sky and see the luxury of the universe looking into itself. Maybe the weather or neighborhood is not good? By the way I was given a mantra on my trip, to me it was a great gift and served me well and I share it with you, the mantra is Relax
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

brewster
#8 Posted : 10/29/2019 9:56:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very nice, thanks! It's definitely worth seeking out a sheltered location...

Quote:
everything seemed extremely dirty-- all stains or textures seemed soiled and gross

Hahaha - I had exactly the same thing!

You didn't weigh the 20" by any chance? Just out of curiosity Smile