We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Microwaving caapi Options

PleasureAndBliss
#1 Posted : 10/26/2019 7:02:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey every body.

I'm wondering if somebody here as tried an instant one dose microwaved caapi tea with good results.

Extraction of harmalas from caapi or Rue are labour intensive. On the other side, microwave to extract compounds in chemistry is more and more plebicited (fast and efficient). I could be great to be able to make a tea of caapi daily for microdosing purposes.

I may doing some tests in a few days.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

FranLover
#2 Posted : 10/27/2019 3:48:35 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Wish to see your results !

You can also just make a big pot full and keep it stored in bottles.

FranLover attached the following image(s):
20191026_235120.jpg (3,169kb) downloaded 93 time(s).
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

endlessness
#3 Posted : 10/27/2019 10:40:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't do it, the spirits will be killed by the evil microwaves!!!

Just kidding Very happy

I'd love to hear your results. Would be awesome to have someone try a side-by-side, normal boiling vs microwave, and compare potency.

PleasureAndBliss
#4 Posted : 10/27/2019 1:41:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm starting with this "protocol".

5g of caapi with 200mL (normal countenance of a tea bowl, want to see if it works with minimal solvent compared to the percolator style) heat for 4.5min at maximum power.
I suppose I will increase steadily heating time until I feel something (like 2 round of 4.5min, 3 etc...)and go no more than 30min. I had a conference a few months ago about extraction from microwave and it can speed up the process many fold. Would be great if we could reduce 3x3h boiling to 30min microwaved style prep. We will see.

I don't see why so much time is needed for harmala extractions from root bark caapi. Does the long boiling time have an effect on the molecules? (if yes, microwave would not speed up the process I guess). Or it is more something like destroying resistant vegetal cells of the plant material? (if this is that, maybe microwave is the way).

I want to know first if I can feel something from 5g caapi this way, and I will be able to fit it in my routine more easily than testing by 50g^^

OK, let's start and see you guys ! Smile

Quote:
Don't do it, the spirits will be killed by the evil microwaves!!!

Hahaha shit! I have pure healing intentions please spirits forgive my sins ^^ (I hope I'm not at the beginning of a fast food for soul revolution hehe).

Quote:
You can also just make a big pot full and keep it stored in bottles.

I guess I'm somewhat lasy. If working with huge quantities, I would go strait to the A/B extraction and don't bother with liquid. But I just did it for Syrian Rue and DMT, I have to learn to do it with caapi and I've never took the time to do the learning thoroughly.

endlessness
#5 Posted : 10/27/2019 2:17:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Regarding "why" extended boils, there are at least two possible reasons I can think of:

1- With no blender/shredder tools, traditionally the caapi vine is simply beat so the fibers "loose up". This is significantly less surface area exposed to the water compared to, say, some powdered/finely shredded caapi. So if they wanted to get all/most of the alkaloids out, its understandable one would need to soak/boil for a longer time.

2- Unwittingly, they may have discovered that extended boiling does seem to, as you asked, change the alkaloid profile of a caapi brew. Would still be cool to get some confirmation on it, your experiments could shed further light on it. If you could do a microwave extraction (or different durations of it) vs normal boiling vs quick water soak, I'd be happy to forward it to a lab to get it tested

PleasureAndBliss
#6 Posted : 10/27/2019 3:48:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

1- With no blender/shredder tools, traditionally the caapi vine is simply beat so the fibers "loose up". This is significantly less surface area exposed to the water compared to, say, some powdered/finely shredded caapi. So if they wanted to get all/most of the alkaloids out, its understandable one would need to soak/boil for a longer time.

Ok, so I should add that my caapi is powdered finely.

Quote:

2- Unwittingly, they may have discovered that extended boiling does seem to, as you asked, change the alkaloid profile of a caapi brew. Would still be cool to get some confirmation on it, your experiments could shed further light on it. If you could do a microwave extraction (or different durations of it) vs normal boiling vs quick water soak, I'd be happy to forward it to a lab to get it tested

Yeah I read your post about extended boiling and alkaloid profile with huge interest a few years ago!

As I understand, if (1) is the only problem we could hypothetically extract alkaloids as good as the regular way if the caapi is powdered. I don't care to change the alkaloid profile toward more THH in a first time. I won't be able to clarify so much the problem with just mono dose tea (just gauge subjectively if its a cul-de-sac), but I can plan two extraction. Smile

Cactus Man
#7 Posted : 12/27/2019 12:07:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Wouldnt trust it myself, but its definitely worth an experiment.