We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Considering doing a AB Tek for first time Options

Al-Wasi
#1 Posted : 10/25/2019 2:44:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've always done cybs max ion Tek for all my dmt extractions. But I'm getting sick of having to deal with the base soup with all the junk in it etc

Figure doing an Ab I should get cleaner xtal and I'm hoping higher yields. My only thing is the boil times. How long does one need to do boils to ensure all of the goodies are out of the bark? Also why does the bark need to be powder or I should say why do all the teks have speech which make it seem as if if you don't totally powder your bark you won't get all the goodies out? Seems odd to me when Ayahuasca is just pulverized in the jungle and the boiling does a fine job of pulling all harmalas out.

Seems to me that even with whole bark as long as you beat it with a hammer it should be easy to pull all the goodies out. I mean why buy whole bark or shredded if you need to powderize it and why deal with having to filter all the powdered bark sludge out of your acid boils?

I can see wanting powdered if doing stb .

Am I thinking of this correctly I don't wanna waste a bunch of bark. Also should soaking it overnight be helpful or a hindrance? Seems to me there's a fine line. One doesn't want to oversoak or boil and then deal with pulling extra fats oils etc that wouldn't of came out otherwise but one doesn't want to leave any goodies behind either.

I never like doing re x on my spice as I always lose way more then I should. I like pulling nice fluffy clean white xtal .

Figuring pulverized bark do three 1.5 hour acid boils. Add lye to freebase the deemz pull 3 times with NPS and freeze.

Since it's been a year or so since I've
That moment when you wonder if this time you went too far....

Obviously everything discussed here is the fictional accounts of someone with an out there imagination. I mean really could any of these tales be real?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

benzyme
#2 Posted : 10/25/2019 5:04:59 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

these are all good questions.

the reason people opt for the STB method, is root bark isn't particularly fatty. The A/B method is advantageous when the plant material has a lot of lipids. STB is very effective, when the pH is taken high, about 13-14. At that pH, emulsions are minimal.

For an acid cook, people generally simmer for several hours. This is to ensure all cells membranes are hydrolyzed, because the goodies are within the cells. Physical means like pulverization are not enough.
You're not necessarily losing anything with recrystallization, and won't get fluffy white crystals without it. People get a misconception that unless the crystals are white, they must have lipids. Incorrect.The pyrrole part of tryptamine gets oxidized in the presence of air, giving it a yellowish color, that turns reddish over time.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Psilosopher?
#3 Posted : 10/25/2019 5:44:41 AM

Don't Panic

The point of powderising is to increase surface area. Increased surface area means increased reaction rate. So you'll get the goodies out faster with powderised bark.

I've used shredded bark, and sometimes the solvent gets trapped in the macro physical structures of shredded bark. A few pulses with an ultrasonic bath works well, but not everyone has one of those.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."