We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Cancer due to the use of psychedelics substances ? Options

B1ack_Ph03niX
#1 Posted : 10/23/2019 8:52:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello friends
I was recently reading about celebrities who used psychedelics substance, and something about them bothers me that most of these people have died from various cancers.
People like:

Terence McKenna => Cause of death: Brain tumours
Carlos Castaneda => Cause of death: Liver cancer
Aldous Huxley => Cause of death: Laryngeal cancer
Peter Matthiessen => Cause of death: Leukemia
Richard Feynman => Cause of death: Abdominal cancer
Dock Ellis => Cause of death: Cirrhosis of the liver
steve jobs => Cause of death: Pancreatic cancer

I know science can't relate cancer and other diseases to psychedelic substance, but I think that's a controversial subject.
this link discussed about the cause of Terence McKenna's death in Shroomy forum:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums...r/1696452/fpart/all/vc/1

“I understood myself only after I destroyed myself. And only in the process of fixing myself, did I know who I really was.”

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Jega
#2 Posted : 10/23/2019 10:10:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

1 in 5 die from cancer. Personally I wouldn't read too much into it.

Jees
#3 Posted : 10/23/2019 10:59:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Was all that weed smoked in conjunction with regular tobacco?
https://www.fda.gov/toba...o-smoke-established-list

Achilles
#4 Posted : 10/23/2019 11:13:50 AM

I is the obstacle.

Here’s a list of things that cause cancer,

Smoking

Food

Sun

Biology

...... see where I’m going with this.... not saying psychedelics cant in some unknown way affect your body but quite honestly, everything in some way shape or form probably attributes to cancer so if something’s gonna get me at least it will be something I love....
This guys ego ^

DansMaTete
#5 Posted : 10/23/2019 11:31:58 AM

[insert something smart/deep here]

They all drunk water : Cancer due to the use of watery substances!

« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

King Tryptamine
#6 Posted : 10/23/2019 11:40:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Jega wrote:

1 in 3 is the general consensus and 1 in 4 tends to be as a result of environmental pollution (i.e. air, water and soil). This high percentage IMO is believed to be spawned off the industrialization of modern society releasing UNTOLD quantities of pollutive carcinogenic/mutagenic compounds into the environment with some of it being intentional like our nice governments allowing tobacco products containing tobacco specific nitrous amines and alcohol to be sold legally whilst banning psychedelics (not known carcinogens, most anyway, can't think of one) Sick and cruel joke right, I know. Anyway since this thread mentions the words psychedelics and cancer I may as well put this link out there showing the anti-cancer effects of a psychedelic potentiator, Peganum harmala baby!

Link - https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=91611

Hey might as well benefit off of clickbait publicity Cool

Reference for Cancer risk factors - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK54025/

Edit: Sorry Jega, yes about 1 in 5 actually die after 1 in 3 chances of developing it, some links even say there's a 50% chance of developing it, Jesus!

dithyramb
#7 Posted : 10/23/2019 12:22:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know if there is a difference of efficacy against cancer between P. harmala and B. caapi (I am guessing there is), but Diego Palma, the famed ayahuasca facilitator of Sacred Valley just passed away from cancer :'(

Anyhow, there are indigenous yage shamans living and continuing to conduct ceremonies past their 100th age.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

King Tryptamine
#8 Posted : 10/23/2019 12:45:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

IMO the anti-cancer properties are also applicable to B.caapi since the vine also contains the CYP1A1 inhibitors; harmaline and hamalol. Having said that it's 100% NOT a cure for cancer, but does it help reduce the likelihood of environmental carcinogens having a mutagenic effect in vivo? maybe so.

dreamer042
#9 Posted : 10/23/2019 2:00:07 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

None of them got Alzheimers Cool

Sasha had some pretty serious dementia toward the end, but he was a few days short of 90 years old and was never particularly careful about his diet and lifestyle. Ann is a good case study of someone who has take way moar psychedelic compounds than your average monkey and is still sharp as a tack, even into her golden years (she is 88 this year).
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

dithyramb
#10 Posted : 10/23/2019 2:25:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

King Tryptamine wrote:
IMO the anti-cancer properties are also applicable to B.caapi since the vine also contains the CYP1A1 inhibitors; harmaline and hamalol. Having said that it's 100% NOT a cure for cancer, but does it help reduce the likelihood of environmental carcinogens having a mutagenic effect in vivo? maybe so.

İt is a cure for cancer; there are reports of people healing their cancers with the help of P. harmala.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

King Tryptamine
#11 Posted : 10/23/2019 2:34:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It's the first I'm hearing off it. Cure for alzheimers... Wut? maybe.

null24
#12 Posted : 10/23/2019 2:46:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

As a substantial sample-size for a study on possible carcinogenic results of chronic psychedelic use, or as a logic argument, your method for drawing a conclusion is somewhat lacking.

Quote:
None of them got Alzheimers

Now, THIS would be something to look at. The older I get, the more I become personally aware of the horrible disease. I have been actively trying to defend against it through certain cognitive excercises- playing chess, purposeful nostalgia- and maybe my anti-depression psilocybin regimen will help too.

The point about Sasha's diet should extend to us all- the steady input of hormones, preservatives and other processing agents are far more deserving of an accusatory finger pointed their way than any regular tryptamine use. If you are'nt a fan of the cancers, don't stop eating psychs, stop eating Smackdonald's.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

B1ack_Ph03niX
#13 Posted : 10/23/2019 5:32:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jega wrote:

yes this is true 1 in 5 men and 1 in 6 women die from cancer but most of famous psychedelic users died from various cancers.
this really f***** me i will be happy to prove me wrong
“I understood myself only after I destroyed myself. And only in the process of fixing myself, did I know who I really was.”

B1ack_Ph03niX
#14 Posted : 10/23/2019 5:42:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DansMaTete wrote:
They all drunk water : Cancer due to the use of watery substances!

you are right maybe i am paranoid or ... but just google famous psychedelic users then search for cause of their deaths.
I will be thank you for proving me wrong
link:
https://thethirdwave.co/famous-people-psychedelics/

B1ack_Ph03niX
#15 Posted : 10/23/2019 6:01:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jees wrote:
Cancer due to the use of psychedelics substances!

You have clickbait me with that exclamation mark Razz
I would have put a question mark instead.

Anyway, was all that weed smoked in conjunction with regular tobacco?
https://www.fda.gov/toba...o-smoke-established-list

sorry to clickbaited you!Twisted Evil Big grin
I know weed is good for cancer and it has even been proven in science and i truly believe in it.
But I open this discussion because most of the celebrities who used psychedelic various cancers. just googled it . prove me wrong and i thank you for it because this really F me and ruined my day

B1ack_Ph03niX
#16 Posted : 10/23/2019 6:07:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Achilles wrote:
Here’s a list of things that cause cancer,

Smoking

Food

Sun

Biology

...... see where I’m going with this.... not saying psychedelics cant in some unknown way affect your body but quite honestly, everything in some way shape or form probably attributes to cancer so if something’s gonna get me at least it will be something I love....

truly right better lived a short life happily and do what you love to do than a long life with pain and suffer.

SpaceGandalf
#17 Posted : 10/23/2019 7:01:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

King Tryptamine wrote:
It's the first I'm hearing off it. Cure for alzheimers... Wut? maybe.

There is already some work being done in this area, regarding a range of dementias.

There has been some work done with cannabinoids which suggest they could aid the process of clearing plaques in the brain that cause dementia.

There’s also the lion’s mane mushroom, but that’s not a psyche

dreamer042
#18 Posted : 10/24/2019 1:18:17 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

B1ack_Ph03niX wrote:
But I open this discussion because most of the celebrities who used psychedelic various cancers. just googled it . prove me wrong and i thank you for it because this really F me and ruined my day

Well you kinda cherry picked 7 people here, keep in mind how many millions of people have used psychedelics. To balance that lets look at a few more cases.

Albert Hofmann lived to 102 and was lucid to his dying day. Died of a heart attack.

Myron Stolaroff lived to 93, lucid till the end. Died peacefully in his sleep (natural causes).

Jerry Garcia died at 53 of a heart attack. He didn't exactly live a healthy lifestyle.

Nick Sand died at 75 of a heart of attack.

Owsley Stanley died at 76 in a car accident.

Tim Scully is 75 doing fine, and working on a new book about the underground history of LSD.

Ram Das is 88. Completed his memoir about 5 years ago and is gracefully and lucidly running out the clock.

Heart disease and cancer are the leading causes of death globally it's no surprise these are also the leading causes of death in the psychedelic community.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Jagube
#19 Posted : 10/24/2019 10:47:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

B1ack_Ph03niX wrote:
Jega wrote:

yes this is true 1 in 5 men and 1 in 6 women die from cancer but most of famous psychedelic users died from various cancers.

Famous is not correlated with frequent. 'Famous' is not a real thing medically, it's a pop-culture thing, i.e. it only exists in (some) people's heads.

Terrence was a frequent smoker of DMT, but Steve Jobs, do we know anything more than that he took LSD a few times in his youth?

Also, psychedelics is a broad term and I don't see how generalizations could work here. Ayahuasca is pharmacologically quite different from Shulgin's plethora of research chemicals.

King Tryptamine wrote:
IMO the anti-cancer properties are also applicable to B.caapi since the vine also contains the CYP1A1 inhibitors; harmaline and hamalol.

Harmine is well-known for its anti-cancer properties, there was a thread on the Nexus last year with a podcast with a guy from South Africa talking about the many properties of harmine, but I can't find it now.

Jees
#20 Posted : 10/24/2019 11:10:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

B1ack_Ph03niX wrote:
...sorry to clickbaited you!Twisted Evil Big grin ...
Hey thanks for doing the question mark now Thumbs up I edited my post accordingly. Not a big deal and all a bit teasingly tongue in cheek yet some things are in the details.

If there was even a small correlation between psych's and cancer, the whole anti-drug movement would have been all over it at nausea and blowing this out of proportion. They don't have such a ground.

12NEXT