We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
JRE: Edward Snowden Options

#1 Posted : 10/23/2019 1:51:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Metta-Morpheus
#2 Posted : 10/23/2019 5:47:41 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

Dope. Checking out when I get home. Thanks tatt
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

nexalizer
#3 Posted : 10/23/2019 5:58:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This one should be amazing!Smile Thanks for sharing.
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

#4 Posted : 10/24/2019 12:50:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Ultimately I think this podcast will be for the better, maybe not right away though eventually. Like joe or not - his platform and the amount of people he can reach from the podcast is a massive number in terms of influence imo, which in the case of signals intelligence throughout the country and abroad, I think it was a good move on snowdens part to have done this podcast.

Very cool he was able to get him on. I sort've didnt think that it was going to happen, but I still figured there would be that possibility, since JRE gets on a variety of folks from all walks of life.

Psilosopher?
#5 Posted : 10/24/2019 6:47:02 AM

Don't Panic

tatt wrote:
Ultimately I think this podcast will be for the better, maybe not right away though eventually. Like joe or not - his platform and the amount of people he can reach from the podcast is a massive number in terms of influence imo, which in the case of signals intelligence throughout the country and abroad, I think it was a good move on snowdens part to have done this podcast.

Very cool he was able to get him on. I sort've didnt think that it was going to happen, but I still figured there would be that possibility, since JRE gets on a variety of folks from all walks of life.

It's cool that Rogan talks to all sorts of interesting people. It's even more respectable that he invites people he does not agree with at all, so that some sort of dialogue can be opened.

But there is also a downside to this media outlet. Just because Rogan talks to all these intellectual people, doesn't make Rogan an expert on anything. He's pretty knowledgeable on things such as MMA or whatever, but there are moments where he comes off rather ignorant, but because he says it with confidence, people believe him. Rogan has given good and bad exposure to a lot of different areas, but i guess that comes with the territory.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

#6 Posted : 10/24/2019 11:32:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Psilo wrote:

It's cool that Rogan talks to all sorts of interesting people. It's even more respectable that he invites people he does not agree with at all, so that some sort of dialogue can be opened.

But there is also a downside to this media outlet. Just because Rogan talks to all these intellectual people, doesn't make Rogan an expert on anything. He's pretty knowledgeable on things such as MMA or whatever, but there are moments where he comes off rather ignorant, but because he says it with confidence, people believe him. Rogan has given good and bad exposure to a lot of different areas, but i guess that comes with the territory.

I agree on most of what you said. He can definitely be ignorant on things, no question there, but then again not much surprise. Near most of the time when I'm watching any of these podcasts with a particular guest that seems worthwhile of watching I tune rogan out (like I do most of the time) and pay attention to the actual source of information. He's definitely's given good/bad exposure to certain topics like you said. Comes with 'the teritory' indeed.

But particularly this podcast (plus being in the information security field myself) I think all in all counting up things as they are for this talk, it was a smart/good move to have snowden on and brought to the jre audience.

The podcast was pretty much a monologue from snowden, rogan only managed to say some sentences here and there, but nearly the whole podcast was a one-sided talk, which was good in this case I think. You really can't have interruptions when someone that's talking as thoroughly as snowden tends to.

There's so much snowden didn't cover on this podcast, which I was sort've disappointed about, though for the general audience I think that it was a good delivery of information overall. Could've gone well past the 3hr mark of talking.

This podcast will certainly go down as one of his biggest. I'm glad.

Psilosopher?
#7 Posted : 10/24/2019 11:51:13 AM

Don't Panic

tatt wrote:
Psilo wrote:

I agree on most of what you said. He can definitely be ignorant on things, no question there, but then again not much surprise. Near most of the time when I'm watching any of these podcasts with a particular guest that seems worthwhile of watching I tune rogan out (like I do most of the time) and pay attention to the actual source of information. He's definitely's given good/bad exposure to certain topics like you said. Comes with 'the teritory' indeed.

But particularly this podcast (plus being in the information security field myself) I think all in all counting up things as they are for this talk, it was a smart/good move to have snowden on and brought to the jre audience.

The podcast was pretty much a monologue from snowden, rogan only managed to say some sentences here and there, but nearly the whole podcast was a one-sided talk, which was good in this case I think. You really can't have interruptions when someone that's talking as thoroughly as snowden tends to.

There's so much snowden didn't cover on this podcast, which I was sort've disappointed about, though for the general audience I think that it was a good delivery of information overall. Could've gone well past the 3hr mark of talking.

I've never watched a JRE in it's entirety (only clips), not even the infamous Elon Musk one. This may be the first one i watch.

Whistleblowers need to be encouraged and protected. If every government is involved in cover ups, it will only breed more distrust of the public, and from the public. It's sad that most governments only operate for the benefit of the politicians and their criminal business friends. Doing just enough "good" things to keep getting re-elected.

Hopefully a global politcal paradigm shift is on the horizon, like meritocracy. Oh, who am i kidding? Power hungry arseholes will never relinquish their power, even if it's the reasonable and rational thing to do.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

Achilles
#8 Posted : 10/24/2019 3:00:19 PM

I is the obstacle.

I thought Edward Snowden was still in Russia lol
This guys ego ^

endlessness
#9 Posted : 10/24/2019 3:15:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

He is, it's via video chat.

Awesome podcast, thanks for sharing Tatt... I like how down to earth and relatable Snowden is. This was quite informative Smile

#10 Posted : 10/24/2019 8:26:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Achilles wrote:
I thought Edward Snowden was still in Russia lol

He is permanently, no more asylum. Card just has to be renewed every couple years or so, unless for some reason or another he gets booted out, which looks to be unlikely. And this was done through live video chat.

edit: just saw what endlessness said

SofaSwim
#11 Posted : 10/29/2019 4:37:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tatt wrote:
Psilo wrote:

Although Joe Rogan isn't knowledgeable on many of the topics he has guests cover on the show. I would say he's a good interviewer, and does a good job at sparking an interesting discussion out of the guests he has on the show. If you look at his show as a platform of what Joe has to say, it can be a bit limited and repetitive. However if you look at the show as a platform for guests to have a lengthy discussion without worry of their words being twisted in editing I think it's quite excellent. I think longer form unedited interviews are in many ways the antidote to all the short click-baity articles and videos that you are bombarded with on the internet.

#12 Posted : 10/29/2019 4:54:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

SofaSwim wrote:

Although Joe Rogan isn't knowledgeable on many of the topics he has guests cover on the show. I would say he's a good interviewer, and does a good job at sparking an interesting discussion out of the guests he has on the show. If you look at his show as a platform of what Joe has to say, it can be a bit limited and repetitive. However if you look at the show as a platform for guests to have a lengthy discussion without worry of their words being twisted in editing I think it's quite excellent. I think longer form unedited interviews are in many ways the antidote to all the short click-baity articles and videos that you are bombarded with on the internet.

Agree with you there, that's how I feel about it.

Jees
#13 Posted : 10/29/2019 7:38:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
...I like how down to earth and relatable Snowden is. This was quite informative Smile

+1 Thumbs up
I expected all tech talk but he pictures a wide view on the whole situation.