We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Greetings Options

shaman1966
#1 Posted : 10/19/2019 9:03:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all

So I'm basically here to learn and share. I've had a couple of trips on shrooms which were amazing and i'm now exploring DMT as I think it can help me explore a different dimension (both of the universe and my consciousness/spirit) if that makes sense.

****Past psychedelic experience****

My first trip on shrooms was absolutely life changing. It convinced me of the existence of a different realm and helped me to gain insight about many of my deficiencies and heal from psychological wounds I had forgotten even existed (instead they were subsumed by my ego, which tried to compensate for the wounds rather than dealing with them).

The second trip was a higher dosage and much more metaphysical. I can't really describe it because it literally felt like being transported into another dimension, ceasing to exist and bouncing through dimensions. Pretty incredible.

I think DMT is the next stage of my journey as I've heard it takes you to new and different places. However, i'm going slow. Partly because I want to know more about it (I research everything as thoroughly as I can before delving into the unknown) and partly because I want to get into a good headspace for a consistent time before going into hyperspace.

While I haven't had a challenging trip (yet), there were some challenging components of my last shroom trip (I don't think I was quite ready for ego death and it freaked me out for about 10min and I got a bit of anxiety toward the end of my trip because of that).

********Reason for joining forum*******
As a newbie to DMT (and still relatively new to psychedelics generally), I want to get educated by a knowledgeable community (hence me joining). To the extent I feel qualified to do so, and once I learn alot myself, I would also like to help people on their respective journeys.

********Current plans*******
At the moment, i'm really keen on exploring my consciousness and have been doing alot of meditation. I want to compare my experiences to other people's to work out the extent to which we're experiencing similar things and if not, what the differneces are (and think about the differences).

Also, while I don't 'plan' on having a challenging trip, I think it would also be interesting to hear about the challenging trips of other people. Partly to help/support them if they're suffering after-effects, but partly to explore a different part of the psychedelic experience (albeit from a safe distance).

Anyway, great to be here and hopefully will chat to you all more soon Smile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

TalkingGarden
#2 Posted : 10/19/2019 5:06:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

WELCOME!!

Exploring the universe and the spirit makes perfect sense that's why most of us are here!

As far as challenging trips....well i haven't had any long lasting NEGITIVE effects actually the opposite. I haven't had many bad trips anyway but for the ones that did happen i think it was just a way to call attention to something that really needed to be addressed. While they may not be fun and combfortable at the time it has always helped me realize something later. Sometimes as soon as it ends i know what it was about or sometimes even up to a couple days later all of a sudden out of the blue my brain connects something and its like " OHH DAMN THATS WHAT THAT WAS ABOUT" but again this doesn't happen to often and everyone is different. Best wishes on your traveling!

shaman1966
#3 Posted : 10/20/2019 1:50:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks! Smile

Agree with you about the more challenging aspects of trips. It all helps us grow, though sometimes i've heard it can get a bit extreme so learning from other people's journeys really helps.

All the best!

brewster
#4 Posted : 10/20/2019 8:20:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi, welcome!

What kind of meditation are you practising?

Psychedelics have been tremendously helpful to me, too. Had quite a challenging trip recently.. you can read about it here: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...;t=91496&find=unread

I'll post a short update with some infos about integration etc. in a week or two.

For me, it always worked best to try and keep an open mind. In one way, it certainly can be helpful to try and prepare for a trip as good as it is possible, but I'm skeptical about wanting a trip to be a certain kind of experience. So, I'd say, don't try and have a challenging trip... prepare well, do the journey, and what's supposed to come up, will come up.

I can't say how precious my meditation practice has become - it is invaluable, even more so with the fallout of what was a earthshattering experience the aftershock of which is still very present.

Looking forward to reading from you! Enjoy your time in the Nexus.

shaman1966
#5 Posted : 10/21/2019 9:13:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi thanks!

********On mediation*********
I practice a few styles, mainly dzogchen and vipassana based on Sam Harris' work (though I have branched out to others). I'm also looking into branching out into some yogic stuff.

This is the one that started me off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN-_zzHpcdM

His waking up course is great too but costs $$.

I stopped doing guided meditation as often now and i've found this to be more helpful to get me into a really deep state: https://www.youtube.com/...=WAmNus7rdDE&t=3325s

Anyway, let me know if you'd like more resources and feel free to share more, i'm always keen to learn Smile Which type of meditation practice do you do?
**********On your trip**********
That's a pretty rough ride mate. I hope you're better now and have integrated some lessons.

I've never done mescaline (but may do one day when i'm ready). Agree with your point on preparing as well as you can and what will be will be though. The substance will make you see whatever you're meant to see.

********More on meditation********

I think i've experienced a few main benefits from meditation:
1. It helps me manage my psychedelic experiences when they get challenging (albeit not perfectly, yet)
2. I can, to a degree, simulate some of the effects of psychedelics (like ego dissolution to a degree) via meditation, which is very good to calm me down.
3. Meditation helps me to integrate some of my experiences on a subconscious level. It's hard to describe, but when I meditate, it's like de-fragging my brain and if something is troubling me or i'm fixated on something and then I meditate to a state where I am simply consciousness observing the universe with no identity, something inside me just clicks, and once I 'come out', it's better and it doesn't trouble me anymore and I don't think about it much. I just move on and deal with stuff.

*******Some tools on integration*******

I regard myself as a pretty serious psychonaut, in the sense that I don't do drugs to get high per se - I do them because I want to grow as a person, explore my mind and the universe and heal old wounds. Accordingly, my focus in doing psychedelics is on safe experiences with lots of integration.

I have found the works of Mircea Eliade, Carl Jung and Jordan Peterson (don't get bogged down by his political ideas - just focus on the psychological stuff) to be absolutely incredible tools when integrating experiences. There isn't a huge amount of digestible stuff on the first 2 on youtube, but I recommend this lecture series on JP: https://www.youtube.com/...BQAT-0aSPq-OKOpQlHyR4k5h

Not too much political stuff and mostly brilliant analytical psychology fundamentals.

If you want to go deeper into the rabbit hole on this one, I am a big believer in the ancient texts because I think there is alot of thematic consistency between them and the consistencies reveal some very deep truths and tendencies that go to the core of our humanity. Mircea Eliade and Joseph Campbell scratch the surface (see here:https://mimeticmargins.com/2017/04/12/the-power-of-myth-joseph-campbell-vs-rene-girard/) and give you a framework on this, but if you really want to go deeper, have a look at the Epic of Gilgamesh and the Maxims of Ptahhotep (both of these have been helpfully translated).

Anyway, not sure why I went off on this tangent anymore - thought it may be of interest I guess haha - hope you're feeling better and reach out if you need anything or just want to chat Smile