We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Libs not libs Options

woody
#1 Posted : 10/16/2019 3:26:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi foragers,

I was out picking some libs today in a new little path I have found, it's not massive but I managed to find just over a 100 in a fairly small area and i'm quite sure it's not well known. Anyway, I picked a few straight out of what I thought was cow dung. What? Libs don't grow in cow dung, do they? No, from what I can gather they don't. So I wondered if they had gone through it but they're too small. They look like liberty caps, they have the gelatinous film on the cap, the base of the stem has bruised blue, but the stems are well thick and they were growing on cow dung!

I have attached a picture with an actual lib next to them to give an idea of the stem thickness. Does anyone able to identify them? Do they look like P. fimetaria?

woody attached the following image(s):
libnotlib.JPG (1,707kb) downloaded 96 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Yugambeh
#2 Posted : 10/17/2019 4:48:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Psilocybe cyanofibrillosa?
I am like a white cloud with no destination, I place goals to trick myself in believing I have somewhere to arrive, everything is a successful goal when I realise I have already arrived.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 10/17/2019 11:43:21 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Those look very like P. semilanceata. They have only been recorded very rarely growing out of dung. Were the stem bases attached to the dung, or to the grass below? There is a similar species, Psilocybe fimetaria, which does grow on cow and horse dung, but it usually has a membranous annulus (ring) on the stipe (stem) and is rather rare.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

woody
#4 Posted : 10/18/2019 8:46:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm quite sure they were growing on the dung, they're quite small to be growing from the grass and then through it.

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 10/18/2019 4:19:46 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

It's very likely they are simply outlier examples of P. semilanceata.

Do you recall the consistency of the cow dung? Was it, er, sloppy, or more dry and fibrous?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

infinitynlove
#6 Posted : 10/21/2019 5:15:50 AM

Mushroom Explorer

Hi

I have came across those before, with a much smaller nipple and thicker stem than liberties. Both have gelatinous film on the cap, black / dark purple black spores and grow in grassland areas.

I thought they might be a cousin of liberty caps?

Or maybe they are all liberty caps and the differences between them could be due to environmental factors?

They could be Psilocybe strictipes? Staments thinks Psilocybe strictipes are a intermediate form bridging the gap between Psilocybe semilanceata and Psilocybe pelliculosa (Psilocybin Mushrooms Of The World p.149)

I know they are just as active, I have dosed just them in the past, I love how fresh they look where sometimes liberty caps can look a bit haggared... They felt exactly the same?

EDIT : there is a thread on the shroomery discussing Psilocybe strictipes

P. Strictipes

I Hope this helps! inf <3
I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention in fact everything I write here is a lie !

I hope in some way, my posts and replies may of helped you, I hope you like what I have said here if not feel free to send me a none flame PM