We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Who has looked into the mirror while on psychedelics? Options

iamdave
#21 Posted : 10/19/2019 11:56:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lingering too long in front of the mirror while on several grams of mushrooms began one of the most intense, frightening, and insightful trips I've had. The part of me that says "I," which speaks to you now, was pushed to the back of my consciousness, able only to observe, while three distinct personalities took over my body. Over the course of three to four hours these personalities conversed and contended with one another. Afterward I would come to think of these personalities as "the child," "the demon," and "the adult." I came away from this experience a changed person.
It seems to me immensely unlikely that mind is a mere by-product of matter. For if my mental processes are determined wholly by the motions of atoms in my brain I have no reason to suppose that my beliefs are true. They may be sound chemically, but that does not make them sound logically. And hence I have no reason for supposing my brain to be composed of atoms.
--JBS Haldane

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

MachineElfHunter
#22 Posted : 10/26/2019 1:20:04 AM

amazing marbles in my mouth

yup. My trip sitter turned into a sloth once too. There is certainly nothing wrong with it. If your not prepared to see yourself as a disturbing creature than maybe dont. And doing this doesn't hold any particular insights for me, but it is fascinating. I remember doing this on longer acting substances and having insightful experiences. I have only done this on DMT at the end of a trip.

goddard
#23 Posted : 10/26/2019 7:40:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I do it often..and it can be as beautiful as it can be terrifying...sometimes it is likethee is an entity on the other side that us baiting me to let it switch sides with me ..Smile
“Close your eyes and let the mind expand. Let no fear of death or darkness arrest its course. Allow the mind to merge with Mind. Let it flow out upon the great curve of consciousness. Let it soar on the wings of the great bird of duration, up to the very Circle of Eternity.”
― Hermes Trismegistus

PREV12