We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
What is your opinion on ketamine? Options

Cactus Man
#41 Posted : 10/18/2019 1:11:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have done Ketamine orally IN and IV. I have had really cut to shit K and I have had 100% pure K. K is an awesome drug that I actually really enjoy, but it is incredibly short acting and incredibly addicting and also gets you incredibly fucked up. Every time I've done it I always dose it multiple times in a row, even if I'm in public. But over a year ago I had my last round ever with K (IN and oral) and I decided to swear off it (and all other synthetic drugs). I feel like its not something that can help me going forward in my life and would only pose a potential risk being that it can be used as a narcotic and have a rather "opiate" like effect. In fact I've actually used dissociatives before to combat opiate/opioid WDS.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

inaniel
#42 Posted : 10/18/2019 4:35:19 PM

mas alla del mar

I have tried low doses of ketamine. it was during a time I was suffering from severe depression and anxiety. it basically ameliorated the effects of those, but it wasnt transformative. just temporary, which can in and of itself be a great benefit. plan do delve deeper with it, just haven't had the time.

I only tried it maybe 5 times, but I definitely saw how one might be prone to abusing this substance even at the small dose. the hours passed in a few peaceful minutes it seemed.

Cactus Man
#43 Posted : 10/19/2019 12:33:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I hear the isomer of Ketamine being used for infusions and for prescriptions is not the same as the one used as a recreational drug or for veterinary use. Supposedly its much less potent than "regular" Ketamine. But it is positive that its seeming to help people with depression/suicide.

dreamer042
#44 Posted : 10/19/2019 4:59:05 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Cactus Man wrote:
I hear the isomer of Ketamine being used for infusions and for prescriptions is not the same as the one used as a recreational drug or for veterinary use. Supposedly its much less potent than "regular" Ketamine. But it is positive that its seeming to help people with depression/suicide.

For a long time the R isomer (Brand name Ketalar) was the only one approved for human use. A few years back though they finally approved the S isomer (as Esket) for human use. M understanding is that these days the intravenous infusions, nasal sprays, and lozenges are all Esket (which is the good one). Thumbs up
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Cactus Man
#45 Posted : 10/19/2019 8:32:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
Cactus Man wrote:

For a long time the R isomer (Brand name Ketalar) was the only one approved for human use. A few years back though they finally approved the S isomer (as Esket) for human use. M understanding is that these days the intravenous infusions, nasal sprays, and lozenges are all Esket (which is the good one). Thumbs up

Ahh I see. Dissociatives was never my forte of knowledge.

MachineElfHunter
#46 Posted : 10/26/2019 2:09:19 AM

amazing marbles in my mouth

I dont think your missing out per say. It is a faciniating substance but for me the potential bladder issues are not worth the price of admission. I personally and this is very subjective find ketamine... much harder than a DMT breakthrough. But i have far more experience with DMT. On K you lose your entire sense of you. You no longer exist. This can be a powerful experience for sure but it can be a little much for some people. I had my consciousness put into a box by "something" placed on a conveyor belt with a million other boxes. Then I was was floating in a space, sort of a void convinced I had died. In a very real sense you do. I decided being without a body just pure consciousness was a better life than the body I had inhabited. I was able to explore this space for a good bit although my memory is hazy. Then I was " reconstructed" put back in my body. I enjoyed the trip immensely. However, my bladder shut down for a few days. Had to go get a catheter etc. It ended up I had some inflammatory issues that run rampant in my family. I thought I had escaped that gene but I was wrong. in lighter doses just below a khole was also a great trip with a sort of Beatles esc feel to it. Yellow submarine ish.

Nydex
#47 Posted : 10/26/2019 10:42:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

MachineElfHunter wrote:
However, my bladder shut down for a few days. Had to go get a catheter etc. It ended up I had some inflammatory issues that run rampant in my family. I thought I had escaped that gene but I was wrong.

Oh wow, I've never heard of anyone reacting so bad following a single ketamine experience. It's been known for a while now that it affects the bladder, but I guess if you're genetically predisposed to such issues ketamine might really make it much, much worse. In cases like that, it's definitely better to avoid the substance. No K-hole, no matter how marvelous and transformative, is worth risking a bladder rupture or something like that.

Be well. Love
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

burnt
#48 Posted : 11/2/2019 9:29:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Ketamine is an interesting drug. I used quite a bit of it as a late teen over period of about a year. Last five or so years I'll consume maybe about 1-3 grams every year or two roughly. Ketamine definitely has potential for abuse and the bladder problems it can cause should caution one about using too much. Its anti-depressant and anti-anxiety effects are real but seem to be transient lasting a week or two. If you make other life style changes or combine it with therapy it can have more lasting benefits in that regard. I say that from personal experience and what seems to be the case clinically.

I've used it mainly intra-nasally (IN) although I have also used through intramuscular injection (IM). The material was usually racemic ketamine in liquid form, from veterinary bottles which you could either inject or heat off water, crush up, and snort the powder. So very pure and clean source mostly.

Generally with IN I find < 50 mg to be more recreational dosage and > 50 mg more introspective and deep. I can get to a k-hole level around 75-100 mg although with IN you can't go as far as you can with IM. With IM I would always do 100 mg and this would be complete dissociation k-hole bliss strangeness. When using IM I would only use once per day and space out dosages over the course of a few weeks.

Ketamine combines well with other drugs. As others have said MDMA and ketamine is fantastic. I also like it with dmt, nitrous oxide, or cocaine. I combined with lsd once and didn't like it although that was at a music festival and the source of ketamine was questionable.

I will say upon reflection many years later IM ketamine was one of the most powerful and psychedelic experiences I've ever had. It is up there with the intensity of dmt although it is very different experience there are some similarities. I think ketamine can have valuable benefits but proceed with caution there is potential for abuse.

dragonrider
#49 Posted : 11/9/2019 12:23:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have decided to do some more experimenting with this stuff. Yesterday i did some testing with a small batch of the stuff. I wanted to find out how potent it is, as i've heard purity tends to vary a little.

So i took 38 mg intranasally. It took maybe 5 minutes before i started feeling effects, but they came on pretty fast after that. The effects where pretty mild. I felt very relaxed and sort of meditative, and i started to get mild visual distortions. No real closed eye visuals yet. But i suspect that a tiny bit more would probably have made a difference. As if i was standing in a doorway and one step further would have realy got me in a psychedelic state. It was......just starting to get a little weird.

Didn't realy feel an urge to redose. But i can see why other people do.

I'm not going for a K-hole just yet. Just gradually work my way up.

The amount i had yesterday would have been ideal with acid. Probably not so much when peaking, but more when coming down.

Nydex
#50 Posted : 11/9/2019 1:22:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
I have decided to do some more experimenting with this stuff. Yesterday i did some testing with a small batch of the stuff. I wanted to find out how potent it is, as i've heard purity tends to vary a little.

So i took 38 mg intranasally. It took maybe 5 minutes before i started feeling effects, but they came on pretty fast after that. The effects where pretty mild. I felt very relaxed and sort of meditative, and i started to get mild visual distortions. No real closed eye visuals yet. But i suspect that a tiny bit more would probably have made a difference. As if i was standing in a doorway and one step further would have realy got me in a psychedelic state. It was......just starting to get a little weird.

Didn't realy feel an urge to redose. But i can see why other people do.

I'm not going for a K-hole just yet. Just gradually work my way up.

The amount i had yesterday would have been ideal with acid. Probably not so much when peaking, but more when coming down.

IME ketamine visuals are something rare and very special. They're never the type of visions you get on classic psychedelics (obviously because K is not a psychedelic at all), where visuals are often "in your face" and quite obvious. For me, K visuals are extremely abstract and diffracted. I've gotten a legit hallucination only once, and while I was able to interpret what I was "seeing" as an entity, it didn't visualize itself before me as one. It's very difficult to explain it, but to put it as simply as I can - for me, ketamine hallucinations are a product of emotion, sound, and intent, suffused in such a way that the resulting "vision" is not something you directly perceive through the eyes, but rather you "experience" and "feel" it on a mental level above all others.

And this is precisely why I feel K is such an alluring, mysterious substance - it's just the epitome of weirdness. Smaller doses in the range of 40mg are very therapeutic and refreshing for me. Last time I did 40mg and after melting on my bed for an hour or so, I went to the gym and banged out a very proper mobility drill + some cardio. I noticed that I could feel every muscle and tendon in my body and control them way better than I usually would be able to. K-Hole doses are only for the brave ones that are prepared to be hit by a train of impossiblity and weirdness.

I intend to do a therapeutic session today as well. It's a marvelous substance, and if used with proper care and respect, without abuse, it is capable of truly improving someone's life by a noticeable degree.

Peace & Love Love
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

dragonrider
#51 Posted : 12/1/2019 10:42:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Last night i went a little further and i took 65 mg. This is the first time i had truly psychedelic effects from it, and visuals.

I must say that i am surprised at how visual it gets at higher doses. I truly did not expect that.
There where colored patterns that where clearly visible with eyes open, and with closed eyes it was even more fantastic.

Visually this was definately comparable with a low to medium dose of LSD, somewhere between 150 and 200 micrograms, maybe.

Another thing that surprised me was the increased duration and the time it took to build.
With smaller amounts i always had the peak, right at the beginning. You snort, you wait five minutes, it begins to work, and ten minutes later it peaks.
But now, i think it peaked at least thirty minutes later. Though my sense of time may have been a little distorted.

It does not surprise me that people get addicted to this, so i won't be touching the stuff for at least the next two weeks.

I have come to realy like this stuff, but i'm still affraid of it. And the better i get to know it, the more i feel that this fear is justified. I realy would not have been able to walk stairs, up or down, when it peaked last night. It is hard to imagine how anyone doing this on a daily basis, could still be functioning normally.

For me it absolutely feels like a substance to be very carefull with. In terms of risks, i think this is a much more serious substance than DMT.

But it IS an interesting substance nevertheless.

Sky Motion
#52 Posted : 7/31/2021 1:04:42 AM

<3

I recently had what I perceived to be a very fun and moderately deep experience on ketamine, I don't believe it was a full hole but I was fully dissociated to the point of wild hallucinations and feelings of being in-between worlds or reality layers.

I had a sort of movie reel shadows passing over my eyes circularly and every time they did my entire field of vision would change into a different color.

I felt being halfway between a blue infinite tunnel with a masculine statue type visuals.

My bedroom which was dimly lit was changing in many ways, ceiling of pretty explosive colorful fractal energy, bedframe posts stretching to "infinity" bending of the "space time" of the room, etc.

I stayed calm just laid there and enjoyed every second of it; in conclusion to me it feels like an "easy" type of psychedelic experience with a completely different flavor to all others I have tried, I plan on experimenting and having more fun with it as it seems to have a fun quality about it and it helps me with my chronic back pain for about a week as an added bonus, Would exercise caution though, use sparingly (because it seems more "fun" than other psychs and less work so I believe there is high potential for abuse, and drink lot of water)

ShamanisticVibes
#53 Posted : 7/31/2021 3:53:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ketamine, for me, is something I use very sparingly. Maybe once a year. The person who mentioned bladder issues, it is important to know that these issues only occur during regular use, and when the IN drip is swallowed regularly. That being said, it is a double-edged sword. As in, while it can be very trans formative, it can also grab ahold of a person very quickly. The experiences, while they can be profound, are difficult to integrate on the sheer fact that they are a dis-associative. I can barely recall a few of my really profound times on K, but there is a cloud around them that makes them difficult to use as a spiritual growth aid. I don't necessarily think it is bad, but I do think that the experiencer should use great caution.
May we continue to be blessed

PREV123