We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Liberty caps - 2019 season Options

dithyramb
#21 Posted : 10/17/2019 11:29:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the beautiful pictures, Triglav! I am a beginners Liberty cap hunter this year. Just as you said, I came across a few mother tufts with up to 50 mushrooms hiding in between... Most were sedge in swampy areas, and one was regular grass as you posted. As far as mushrooms in wide open grassy fields, I had luck with just one field among countless I hiked and explored for days and days... Other grass fields had a mushroom or two, while this one had almost 200. The fields were all in proximity and around a huge sedge covered marshland. I could not find a single mushroom outside of this area around the marshland...

İt appeara I had missed the best window as it had not been raining for days and the mushrooms were dry. The weather forecast shows an upcoming rainy period of days now... I am wondering, should I wait for the rainy period to finish and the sun to come back, or should I go hunting right after a day or two of rain, while it's still raining?
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Triglav
#22 Posted : 10/18/2019 1:50:58 PM

In the gap between thoughts nonconceptual wisdom shines continuously.

dithyramb wrote:
Thanks for the beautiful pictures, Triglav! I am a beginners Liberty cap hunter this year. Just as you said, I came across a few mother tufts with up to 50 mushrooms hiding in between... Most were sedge in swampy areas, and one was regular grass as you posted. As far as mushrooms in wide open grassy fields, I had luck with just one field among countless I hiked and explored for days and days... Other grass fields had a mushroom or two, while this one had almost 200. The fields were all in proximity and around a huge sedge covered marshland. I could not find a single mushroom outside of this area around the marshland...

İt appeara I had missed the best window as it had not been raining for days and the mushrooms were dry. The weather forecast shows an upcoming rainy period of days now... I am wondering, should I wait for the rainy period to finish and the sun to come back, or should I go hunting right after a day or two of rain, while it's still raining?

It depends on how many days of rain will you have. I think that after two days of rain and correct temperatures you can go look for them even if it's still raining. However if the rain stops don't wait too long before you go hunting. I would say don't wait more than max 48 hours.

I must say however that I'm speaking about what I observed in my area and can't say 100% about your area. It's best to observe what's happening and thus gradually learn how they "work" in your area. Yes, it takes some time and dedication, but it's truly worth it IMO and IME. Smile

dithyramb
#23 Posted : 10/18/2019 2:01:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you very much, Triglav!
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

dithyramb
#24 Posted : 11/2/2019 9:45:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am in th mountain fields at the moment, and it appears that my marked spots are all covered by snow now... I've been searching at lower altitudes free from snow, and have found no Liberty caps yet, but I have come across a lot of these. Could they possibly be active Conocybe cyanopus?
dithyramb attached the following image(s):
IMG_20191102_115818.jpg (3,794kb) downloaded 82 time(s).
IMG_20191102_115539.jpg (5,781kb) downloaded 81 time(s).
IMG_20191102_115257.jpg (3,108kb) downloaded 80 time(s).

~ Pablo Amaringo

downwardsfromzero
#25 Posted : 11/2/2019 11:19:02 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

"cyanopus" means "blue foot", thus the stems will turn blue at the base if they are the correct species. It's something I check for every time I find little shrooms like this and to date I've never observed the bluing and thus I would not eat an unidentified specimen - especially not from the genus Conocybe.

It doesn't look like yours have turned blue, either. If you think there is a hint of blue on any of your specimens I would still strongly recommend checking them over with microscopy and the other attendant mycological techniques.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Jagube
#26 Posted : 11/6/2019 8:59:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Are these liberty caps?
Jagube attached the following image(s):
mshr.jpg (358kb) downloaded 34 time(s).

DansMaTete
#27 Posted : 11/6/2019 10:57:52 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

No.

« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »