We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Vacuum Filter on Bubble Hash? Options

Metta-Morpheus
#1 Posted : 10/9/2019 12:45:01 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

Does anyone see a problem with this or would it suck a bunch of trichs with it? My 25 micron screen drains SO slow. Usually not at all without agitation of the bag. I was thinking about rigging up a large vacuum filter to assist with this.

Be well and kind regards-

Morpheus
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Loverofallthings
#2 Posted : 10/9/2019 4:17:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What size bags are you using?

One technique for the five gallon bags:

Place the bag in a bucket that has its bottom cut off. Fold the bag edges over the edge of the bucket.

Place that bottomless bucket/bag combo into another bucket of the same type and size. Do not cut the bottom off of this second bucket.

When your slurry is poured into the bag and after it has drained some, lift the first bucket/bag combo up. The sickroom created frommthe nesting buckets will suck. He water through the bag.

This works. I have always wondered if the suction substantially changes the shape and size of the mesh pores, though.

Metta-Morpheus
#3 Posted : 10/9/2019 5:20:46 PM

ModeratorSenior Member

Very clever idea. I can visualize it working. Maybe use a gasketed screw to screw the bottom bucket to a foot board to stand on when you go to pull the inner bucket up. Thanks for the creative idea! Lear, share, expand!!

Ps. Have you ever used dry ice?

Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

Loverofallthings
#4 Posted : 10/9/2019 5:58:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes. But for several reasons, I prefer ice water to dry ice.

Bubble hash is so immensely rewarding if you have enough material of consistent specifications to dial in the effort. The highest quality bubble hash is just about the very finest concentrate one can get.

By keeping each variety separate from one another (clones together is fine, seed stock should be separate) you can find which bags in your set collect the trichs of that variety- trichs vary in size.

By freezing your material while still fresh, you limit the creation of microscopic plant particles while agitating.

By agitating gently in the coldest ice water possible you increase the ratio of trichs to plant material in the slurry.

By being patient with the drainage and not over filling the bags, you maintain the integrity of the filters.

Bubble hash is just the best.

I like your idea about a foot pad. Tha would be an improvement for sure.

Metta-Morpheus
#5 Posted : 10/9/2019 7:48:01 PM

ModeratorSenior Member

Thank you for the insight. I didn’t realize the deeper “science” to bubble. I had a suspicion that freezing fresh material over using dried was preferable. I noticed that fresh material left a bubbly, pliable hash compared to dry material, where the hash seemed much denser and not really bubbly. It burned more like blonde hash. And I’ve seen it run with dry ice once and I felt it came out more like blonde. It was powdery and dry. I definitely preferred regular ice. Glad to see another bubble enthusiast. I love me some good bubble Drool Big grin Also, I use a drill with a paint mixer to agitate. Would you advise against this then? It is far from gentle, but I have spent several hours agitating with a stick before and that kinda sucks.

Loverofallthings
#6 Posted : 10/9/2019 11:51:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In general, if your goal is high quality and not pure high volume production: yes, inabsolutely advise against using a drill. I would use a broom stick. One option is to agitate with a broom stick then re-run the material with a drill for a second extraction.

TalkingGarden
#7 Posted : 10/10/2019 9:33:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Awesome ideas guys...on the topic of bubble hash, I have some material that was frozen right off the plant however due to the situation I haven't got around to doing anything with it yet. its been frozen for about a month. I have never made bubble hash before although I have seen it made but a while ago. only made BHO myself. Got sidetracked and haven't had time to mess with it but wanted to try and make bubble. Anyway Someone told me if it stays frozen to long its not going to be that good however this person never offered a reason to why. And I don't see a reason since its been frozen and not messed with what do you guys think?

Loverofallthings
#8 Posted : 10/10/2019 11:15:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think that your friend is mistaken.

Frozen plant material is often kept in a usable state longer than room temperature plant materials. That being said, year old weed, kept in a hefty trash bag in an unused chicken coop for 11 months still smelled, tasted and effected the head just fiiiine.

frozen weed butter lasts longer than a year....

TalkingGarden
#9 Posted : 10/11/2019 9:56:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

see that is exactly what I thought....like I said never done bubble but damn I have done BHO from weed that's been sitting around for a long time....He went into this whole thing that since the bud has been frozen right from the plant hasn't been dried or cured it needs to be used within a couple days. But he couldnt provide any evidence or even a real decent argument as to why it "just is" didn't make sense to me but haven't had time to get around to doing anything with it anyway so never put much thought into it. Reading this thread made me think about it. I should have time next week to play with it. Its not like I was going to just chuck it in the trash anyway!

Metta-Morpheus
#10 Posted : 10/11/2019 11:46:43 PM

ModeratorSenior Member

I’ve used plant material that was trimmed fresh and put right in freezer for a couple months before it got turned into bubble. Worked gravy for me.