We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Did I mess up this changa? Options

alert
#1 Posted : 10/10/2019 1:21:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So I was making a batch of changa in a shot glass yesterday. When I make changa I generally let the caaapi alkaloids and DMT dissolve in isopropyl that is being heated on a candle warmer and after that I add the leaf and leave it on the candle warmer until the solvent line is just above the leaf, after that I remove it from heat and let the solvent evaporate off on its own. I got called into work for an emergency and I forgot about the changa and by the time I got home all the solvent was complete gone and it was just the changa sitting in the shot glass directly over the heat. It looks a bit darker than the changa I usually make and it smells a bit different as well. I know I should probably just smoke a little bit to find out but now isn't really a good time for me to be smoking DMT so it will have to wait. Does anyone think this is going to be an issue? My biggest worry is that the prolonged heat might have effected the alkaloids or that the leaf on the very bottom of the shot glass got a heavier dose than the leaf higher up in the shot glass. I could always add more solvent trying to get everything back into solution and then evap again while I am actually there to watch it but I worry I am overthinking this and that might be a bit overkill. Thoughts?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

coAsTal
#2 Posted : 10/10/2019 4:01:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I do exactly that all the time-- unless there was a very abnormal amount of heat involved you should have well-baked in but 100% good changa--

alert
#3 Posted : 10/10/2019 4:45:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

coAsTal wrote:
I do exactly that all the time-- unless there was a very abnormal amount of heat involved you should have well-baked in but 100% good changa--

There was no more heat than I normally use when making changa with the only difference being it was heated dry instead of being heated in solvent. Nothing stuck to the shot glass so all the alkaloids clearly got absorbed by the leaf. Thanks for sharing your experience I figured this changa was probably fine although maybe a bit crispy from being "overcooked"

coAsTal
#4 Posted : 10/10/2019 5:49:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes-- though there may be a small chance that some small bit of your alks got overcooked, I'd guess overall you'll find it to be perfectly serviceable

Smile