We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Sustainable DMT Gardening Options

King Tryptamine
#1 Posted : 10/9/2019 5:59:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi, I know this is a topic for the sustainable nexus section but as a new member I'm a little limited to where I can make a post Sad .

Anyway from my limited research of botanicals which have the ability to biosynthesize the N,N-DMT alkaloid in high enough concentrations to make extractions viable I've titrated my results down to two of the following sources; Mimosa hostilis and Psychotria viridis.

I would like to know from any expert growers or ones which have prior experience in growing any one of these plants, which would make the best candidate in terms of self sufficiency and reasons for one above the other. E.g. Growing a trichocereus cacti would be more viable as opposed to the lophophora due to a faster growth rate.

P.S. If anyone has a better plant in mind please share, especially those which can be germinated from seed as opposed to cutting propagation, I'm also a little vary about the gramine containing Phalaris grasses so not those unless the alkaloids could be completely seperated. Many thanks.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DreadedShaman
#2 Posted : 10/9/2019 8:56:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hazzah! You made it to the gardening stage early I see.
Big grin

I am currently growing p. Alba (non containing)
P. Viridis
Hostillis
Several types of phalaris including one called "big medicine"
Cebil
And probably one or two I can't think of right now,

By sustainability, I assume you want to keep the plants alive? Razz
Id lean towards viridis, since it appears to take mimosas trees quite some time to reach full size.

I have high hopes for the phalaris since I have plenty of outdoor space to play with, just located in USDA zone 5, so sits hard to find things I can leave outdoors year round (that I want to grow)

Have you thought about cacti? Thumbs up

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 10/9/2019 9:17:56 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

It's really great that cultivation has come up as basically your first priority! There's a good amount of expertise to be found on here, but you might have to dig for it a bit (no pun intended).

Another plant to consider would be one of the Desmanthus species.

If you're contemplating growing cacti it's nice to have lots of space available as, with that hobby, sooner or later you'll end up with a lot of specimens Very happy

Separating gramine from Phalaris extractions is very little of a worry as its solubility in naphtha is insignificant in comparison to that of the tryptamines.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

King Tryptamine
#4 Posted : 10/9/2019 10:46:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Alright, I guess I'll start with the P.viridis than!

Hell yeah I've considered growing cacti, I've considered it 5 years ago. Sadly 2/20 seeds germinated and I ate one of them by accident, slipped and fell on it Big grin The other is alive and kicking I'm happy to say. It's of the peruvianus species. Thanks for the fast replies BTW, much love.
King Tryptamine attached the following image(s):
Mescalito 1.JPG (1,632kb) downloaded 51 time(s).

DreadedShaman
#5 Posted : 10/9/2019 11:25:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

King Tryptamine wrote:
Alright, I guess I'll start with the P.viridis than!

Hell yeah I've considered growing cacti, I've considered it 5 years ago. Sadly 2/20 seeds germinated and I ate one of them by accident, slipped and fell on it Big grin The other is alive and kicking I'm happy to say. It's of the peruvianus species. Thanks for the fast replies BTW, much love.

Gotta get those fresh seeds man.

First round trying to germ I sowed 20seeds, 3 germed, using the same soil mix, 20/20seeds sown the same way, treated the same way from a well know breeder germed on my next try 😁.

And I recommend you grow both pyschotria and hostillis and phalaris and acacia and desmanthus and and and ,🤪

King Tryptamine
#6 Posted : 10/10/2019 12:50:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Honestly I wouldn't even mind growing the hostilis just as a token of appreciation and respect for the thing, besides it would be a nice companion to have whilst going on an adventure together with the rest of the plant family Cool Cool Cool. Don't really have any friends Crying or very sad

As for the rest, lets just say living in the UK (terrible climate) I have to do most of my gardening indoors, limiting space, hence going for the best plant source for such a truly amazing compound.

Thanks for all your suggestions and advice Thumbs up