We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Liberty caps - 2019 season Options

infinitynlove
#1 Posted : 10/3/2019 1:55:16 AM

Mushroom Explorer

Hello

Yeeeehaaarrr!!!

Finally liberty cap season has started (a month late) and I found about 6 g dry

I ate about 2g when picking, was so into the picking, was so peaceful, I sat off on a hill and just chilled (pics attached) for about 20 mins in awe Smile

The temp needs to drop to about 5c for the perfect conditions, its currently 12c, but its due to drop really soon.

It's still too warm for proper flushes atm, but they will come, I can feel it.

Last year and the year before we had really hot Oct and Nov then DEC came and we had a frost, which ended the season without hardly any shrooms, will this mean they fruit more this year if conditions are right?

I hope so!

Enjoy the pics

infinitynlove attached the following image(s):
IMG_20191002_133822870_HDR.jpg (372kb) downloaded 266 time(s).
IMG_20191002_133840528.jpg (266kb) downloaded 262 time(s).
IMG_20191002_134758298.jpg (504kb) downloaded 263 time(s).
IMG_20191002_134816167.jpg (661kb) downloaded 260 time(s).
IMG_20191002_143805358.jpg (651kb) downloaded 257 time(s).
IMG_20191002_143812374.jpg (550kb) downloaded 257 time(s).
IMG_20191002_144027383.jpg (611kb) downloaded 257 time(s).
IMG_20191002_144030339.jpg (929kb) downloaded 253 time(s).
IMG_20191002_144211398.jpg (678kb) downloaded 254 time(s).
IMG_20191002_144218571.jpg (723kb) downloaded 252 time(s).
IMG_20191002_144752681.jpg (494kb) downloaded 249 time(s).
IMG_20191002_145846684.jpg (1,026kb) downloaded 249 time(s).
IMG_20191002_153419586.jpg (674kb) downloaded 250 time(s).
IMG_20191002_181702850.jpg (703kb) downloaded 248 time(s).
IMG_20191002_155253901.jpg (4,472kb) downloaded 281 time(s).
I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention in fact everything I write here is a lie !

I hope in some way, my posts and replies may of helped you, I hope you like what I have said here if not feel free to send me a none flame PM

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

infinitynlove
#2 Posted : 10/3/2019 2:21:42 AM

Mushroom Explorer

my view when tripping, nothing special but I was in awe!
help.jpg (1,706kb) downloaded 246 time(s).
I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention in fact everything I write here is a lie !

I hope in some way, my posts and replies may of helped you, I hope you like what I have said here if not feel free to send me a none flame PM

infinitynlove
#3 Posted : 10/3/2019 2:33:46 AM

Mushroom Explorer

previous years

2014 liberty cap season
2016 liberty cap season

<3

Nydex
#4 Posted : 10/3/2019 8:05:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Beautiful!!!

It just started raining where I am, and the temps are expected to drop below 10c. Would you say this is a suitable time to go hunting for those beauties?

And where would you recommend I go looking? Should it be an open field with pastures or just grasslands? Or are semi-dense forests beneficial as well?

I've never found any mushrooms while searching for them, but I've only gone twice. Maybe it's time to plan another hunting trip. Any advice is very much welcome!

Thanks!
TRUST

LET GO

BE OPEN

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 10/3/2019 9:38:50 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

infinitynlove wrote:

Peak District?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

infinitynlove
#6 Posted : 10/3/2019 10:43:03 PM

Mushroom Explorer

downwardsfromzero wrote:
infinitynlove wrote:

Peak District?

Close to that area Smile

infinitynlove
#7 Posted : 10/4/2019 5:19:36 AM

Mushroom Explorer

Nydex wrote:
Beautiful!!!

It just started raining where I am, and the temps are expected to drop below 10c. Would you say this is a suitable time to go hunting for those beauties?

And where would you recommend I go looking? Should it be an open field with pastures or just grasslands? Or are semi-dense forests beneficial as well?

I've never found any mushrooms while searching for them, but I've only gone twice. Maybe it's time to plan another hunting trip. Any advice is very much welcome!

Thanks!

hi Smile

From my exp they start to flush in small amounts when the temp gets to about 12-13c, about 10c they start flushing more and between 5 and 8c is ideal.

They are a grass land species, you will hardly ever find liberty caps in a Forrest unless its a Forrest with a grass floor and then still you won't find that many.

They are usually found in regular fields and fields with tufts of long grass (pic relateds) we seem to find more if they area has sheep in it. They seems to like areas fertilised with sheep dung.

The flushing of liberty caps is totally temperature and rain dependant, the best times are when its been about 7 - 8 c for a few days, in September to November and it hasn't rained for a week or longer then you have a few days of rain in a row, 1-3 days later they will flush like crazy.

I hope this helps Smile

Best of luck in your search Smile
177488946-habitat01.jpg (227kb) downloaded 199 time(s).

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 10/4/2019 8:55:11 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

infinitynlove wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:
infinitynlove wrote:

Peak District?

Close to that area Smile

Just saying cos I was on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales recently with unanticipated success. Got to look in those spiky clumps of grass Drool

Quote:
They seems to like areas fertilised with sheep dung.

Bear in mind, in lowland areas cow pastures and horse paddocks can be astonishingly productive on occasion, although this can entail additional risk.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

woody
#9 Posted : 10/4/2019 3:54:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone
I found a great spot a couple of weeks ago, didn’t explore it thoroughly because of time but still came back with just over 100. I had a panic the other day though as we had two consecutive nights of light frost. I went out for another look and there wasn’t much new growth. I still managed to find quite a lot though but none of them of them we’re that fresh. Do you know if they will still be ok if they’re a bit old? I think some of them had been kissed by the frost a little. Will this affect potency?

Anyway night temps are going up a bit again now and there’s plenty of rain so hopefully will be some new growth. I hope I find some more soon because all this hunting for new spots is getting me worn out!

infinitynlove
#10 Posted : 10/4/2019 5:48:27 PM

Mushroom Explorer

woody wrote:
Hi everyone
I found a great spot a couple of weeks ago, didn’t explore it thoroughly because of time but still came back with just over 100. I had a panic the other day though as we had two consecutive nights of light frost. I went out for another look and there wasn’t much new growth. I still managed to find quite a lot though but none of them of them we’re that fresh. Do you know if they will still be ok if they’re a bit old? I think some of them had been kissed by the frost a little. Will this affect potency?

Anyway night temps are going up a bit again now and there’s plenty of rain so hopefully will be some new growth. I hope I find some more soon because all this hunting for new spots is getting me worn out!

Hi usually a good frost kills the season, but a light frost might be ok, age does not effect potency really.

Only way to tell is Nom them and see Smile

<3

dragonrider
#11 Posted : 10/4/2019 10:18:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

infinitynlove wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:
infinitynlove wrote:

Peak District?

Close to that area Smile

Appropriate name.

I haven't seen any liberty caps yet myself, but i have seen an unusually large amount of fly-agarics.

infinitynlove
#12 Posted : 10/5/2019 6:44:05 AM

Mushroom Explorer

downwardsfromzero wrote:
infinitynlove wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:
infinitynlove wrote:

Peak District?

Close to that area Smile

Just saying cos I was on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales recently with unanticipated success. Got to look in those spiky clumps of grass Drool

Quote:
They seems to like areas fertilised with sheep dung.

Bear in mind, in lowland areas cow pastures and horse paddocks can be astonishingly productive on occasion, although this can entail additional risk.

nice, I am looking for better areas, I am thinking of going to mt snowdon, I hear they can be plentiful at correct altitudes

ill keep that in mind and no rule out cow fields Smile

best of luck in your search Smile

<3

dithyramb
#13 Posted : 10/5/2019 9:29:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi infinitylove,

Thanks a lot for sharing your bounty here Smile After 10 years of searching, last week I finally found liberty caps in the country that I live.

I had somehow felt an affinity for them without ever experiencing them... My experience with mushrooms in general (cubes) is negligibly little and being allied with syrian rue, I intended to try them as a unified medicine...

I have had one experience so far and I must say that I am impressed... Very friendly and compassionate, as well as being lucid and clear... I found it familiar and similar to Chacruna... That was a low dose and I will initiate myself to their full power soon...

My wish and intention is to find thousands of these graceful little ones for the whole year, and my impression was that such a harvest in one season is a common occurence... But so far I could only find around 70. I really hope to learn the true art of locating the bountiful fields and sensing the right time...

The weather is really warm and mostly moist this Fall...

With Mush(room) Love Love

P.S I found a lot hidden in between sedge grass, and many of them were orange in color. Could you or anybody else confirm that they also are P. semilanceata? They are in the second and third photos.
dithyramb attached the following image(s):
IMG_20191003_124300.jpg (3,271kb) downloaded 154 time(s).
IMG_20191003_141222.jpg (5,725kb) downloaded 153 time(s).
IMG_20191003_141407.jpg (3,117kb) downloaded 153 time(s).
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

DansMaTete
#14 Posted : 10/5/2019 9:44:22 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

1st pic : OK
2nd & 3rd : not OK

« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

dithyramb
#15 Posted : 10/5/2019 9:50:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the quick reply, DansMaTete. I just had a gut feeling that this is a different form when growing right in the middle of a sedge grass patch where moisture is higher and light does not enter...
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

infinitynlove
#16 Posted : 10/7/2019 6:42:22 AM

Mushroom Explorer

Hi there

!st is ok 2 and 3 are not.

I am so glad you have become antiquated with liberty caps, they are wonderful.

I wish you many deep travels.

The best place to find them in my experience, is high altitude grass meadows, cow and sheep fields are the best. Try to look in places where the temp has been below 10c. Ideally 5-8C and damp, is they are wet they will look like the ones in your picture no1. when they dry they turn white, this happens shortly after the rain stops.

Wishing you the best in your searches

<3

dithyramb
#17 Posted : 10/8/2019 6:48:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the help, infinitynlove! Love

Today I got myself initiated to full-on rue + libs.

This stuff is extremely powerful... The richness... The spirit World connection... The ego death, the humbling...

İt's not ayahuasca, it's not rue + DMT plant, it's something else... Profoundly ancient... Little children that teach about spiritual elderhood... No bs, no escaping any energy to be faced and purged... With over a thousand rue + DMT plant experiences, I rarely got so Challenged as today... And I am inclined to say that the beauty and richness was incomparable...

Right now I feel like this medicine (High dose rue + libs) is best reserved for serious initiations rather than for circles... The power that is unleashed is not for everybody, and managing such a circle is no average spiritual boy's job...

~ Pablo Amaringo

infinitynlove
#18 Posted : 10/9/2019 1:15:47 AM

Mushroom Explorer

dithyramb wrote:
Thank you for the help, infinitynlove! Love

Today I got myself initiated to full-on rue + libs.

This stuff is extremely powerful... The richness... The spirit World connection... The ego death, the humbling...

İt's not ayahuasca, it's not rue + DMT plant, it's something else... Profoundly ancient... Little children that teach about spiritual elderhood... No bs, no escaping any energy to be faced and purged... With over a thousand rue + DMT plant experiences, I rarely got so Challenged as today... And I am inclined to say that the beauty and richness was incomparable...

Right now I feel like this medicine (High dose rue + libs) is best reserved for serious initiations rather than for circles... The power that is unleashed is not for everybody, and managing such a circle is no average spiritual boy's job...

I am glad you enjoyed them so much, they are otherworldly!

To be shown a lot of respect.

Wishing you the best of luck in all your future hunts.

<3

Yugambeh
#19 Posted : 10/10/2019 9:18:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

infinitynlove wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:
infinitynlove wrote:

Peak District?

Close to that area Smile

I lived not to far from the Peak Districts when I lived in the UK, it’s a shame I didn’t have the knowledge and interest
in healing herbs and mushrooms then.

/Y
I am like a white cloud with no destination, I place goals to trick myself in believing I have somewhere to arrive, everything is a successful goal when I realise I have already arrived.

Triglav
#20 Posted : 10/17/2019 2:48:27 PM

In the gap between thoughts nonconceptual wisdom shines continuously.

Where I live the liberty caps have a very small window of growth really. Especially if the idea is to gather as much as possible. When the right conditions arrive there can literally be hundreds and hundreds in the good spots. However 2 or 3 days later in the same very good spot you can hardly find any liberty caps and those that you do are old and dried out already, but most just decompose back in to the earth and grasses. So If you find only old and dried out specimens you should be aware that the best window to gather them had been missed (IME), I would say precise timing is key for gathering good amounts of these little potent mushrooms.

Here are some pictures from this year. Too bad I did not take pictures of some really special specimens I found. Some have really fat and thick stems. Some are unbelievably big.

It's indeed very interesting how many different phenotypes of the same species are out there.
Also I observed that in some of the places I visit and pick libs there are what I call 'mother tufts'. Just huge tufts of grass that A LOT of libs are growing out of, usually pretty big ones too.
Triglav attached the following image(s):
IMG_20190920_095857.jpg (5,084kb) downloaded 71 time(s).
IMG_20190920_104421.jpg (2,258kb) downloaded 69 time(s).
IMG_20190928_101522.jpg (3,290kb) downloaded 70 time(s).
IMG_20191004_092706.jpg (2,999kb) downloaded 69 time(s).
IMG_20191004_101321.jpg (4,014kb) downloaded 69 time(s).
IMG_20191004_112706.jpg (3,062kb) downloaded 69 time(s).

12NEXT