We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is it possible to evap too much ? :0 Options

wet sand
#1 Posted : 9/5/2019 6:38:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi guys, I just did a series of pulls during an extraction. I did the solvent pulls and i believe it turned out well ( blowing on the solvent would make creamy white pools swirl amongst the yellow solvent ) .

I then left the precip container on my kicthen bench to evap.

I got distracted and left it for about an hour, Came back to it and most of the liquid had evapped. I could see a thin film of the creamy dmt settled at the bottom of the tray.

Now at this point is it okay to just put in the freezer ? Or do you need more liquid for xtals to form ??

( i always hate this part of extractions by the way, If i don't evap at all then i find that xtals never form in my precip tray after precip. )

I always gotta evap to see results, Today it just happened to evap the solvent faster than i thought leaving me with a tiny amount of solvent liquid. ( my precip tray has like 4 thimbles worth of liquid in it, The rest of it evapped into the white filmy layer ).

I assume that the white filmy layer is dmt. I also assume that i might get goo after freeze precip because of the white filmy layer, But i guess I'll wait and see.

Is this all okay or did i evap too much ?? ( without pictures i know it might be difficult for you guys to give an opinion ) .

So i guess my question is -after you've done your solvent pulls, Is it possible to evap it too much and have it negatively impact yield or possibly ruin an extraction ??

I chose to just put my precip tray in the freezer and see how it pans out.

I have a gut feeling that i might have made a big mistake by letting most of the liquid evap, But then again i could be wrong. ( normally i let about 50% of the pulls liquid evap, Today it evapped about 90% )

Thanks - As soon as i can do extractions with consistent results then I'll stop asking these beginner questions.

Hopefully my freeze precip turns out great tomorrow - i guess its still a pertinent question though as other people could run into the same problem. The guides on the nexus are great, But sometimes experience comes into it.

Cheers.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Metta-Morpheus
#2 Posted : 9/5/2019 7:23:02 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

No problems. I’ve left my jars uncovered in the cupboard for days, then one day in fridge and one in freezer, which resulted in a couple huge crystals. If there was only a little white film and only a few thimbles worth of solvent left, I would say there wasn’t a lot of dmt in your solvent to begin with. How much bark did you use, and how much solvent did you start with, and which pull are you referring to here? The dmt won’t evap, you could form crystals by letting it evap completely if it’s there. In fact, I’m pretty sure you would get the biggest crystals possible by evapping all the way without freezing.

If I do hot pulls after mixing for several hours, I can see stuff precipitate immediately, which is what makes me think your stuff wasn’t super concentrated. I’m pretty confident you should find an increase in yield after freezing.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

wet sand
#3 Posted : 10/2/2019 7:59:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Metta-Morpheus wrote:
No problems. I’ve left my jars uncovered in the cupboard for days, then one day in fridge and one in freezer, which resulted in a couple huge crystals. If there was only a little white film and only a few thimbles worth of solvent left, I would say there wasn’t a lot of dmt in your solvent to begin with. How much bark did you use, and how much solvent did you start with, and which pull are you referring to here? The dmt won’t evap, you could form crystals by letting it evap completely if it’s there. In fact, I’m pretty sure you would get the biggest crystals possible by evapping all the way without freezing.

If I do hot pulls after mixing for several hours, I can see stuff precipitate immediately, which is what makes me think your stuff wasn’t super concentrated. I’m pretty confident you should find an increase in yield after freezing.

Hi and thanks for replying.

I did 3 one litre extraction bottles with 50 grams of bark in each bottle, With about 50 ml of solvent.

I did one pull from each bottle. ( i figured since most of the Dmt gets extracted in the first pull, That 3 first pulls from 3 brand new extractions would do nicely ).

When i placed the saturated solvent pulls onto my glass tray, When I'd blow on it, It appeared to be a mix of 60% solvent and 40% white creamy liquid.

To be honest I've only had a few extractions work out where the pulls solvent was mostly white and creamy. ( Any tips for how to get the solvent as saturated and white and creamy as possible ? Smile ) .

After doing precip, The next day i was left with some yellow crystals but it was mostly goo. It seemed like a clear and see through looking goo but upon scraping it up i was left with a very reddy orange goo.

( I'd post a pic but i don't know how ) any advice on how to do it would be appreciated.

And you bring up something interesting, I thought for crystals to form that you needed saturated liquid solvent in the mix so crystals could form from the dmt in the liquid ? If you are correct about being able to fully evap all your pulls solvent and still get crystals then that's new information to me. Thanks for filling me in.

It's always been one part of an extraction that's a guessing game, Just how much to evap it i mean - So thanks for the info

Unfortunately.... Upon smoking the Dmt, I found that it had no effect on me.

For a good few months now I've run into the problem of Dmt not working for me when i smoked it. even though I've done quite a few successful extractions and Dmt trips in the past.

I've searched this website and found that it's a rare phenomenon that can happen with people ( normally it's found in people with quite a few years of heavy experience with dmt ) . For me I've only been smoking it for a year or so.

Do you know about this phenomenon at all ? With other people who've experienced it, After posting their problem, They never report back and say whether they were able to have successful dmt trips again. So it's hard to gather info on it.

Thanks again.
wet sand attached the following image(s):
20190907_210710.jpg (963kb) downloaded 65 time(s).

wet sand
#4 Posted : 10/2/2019 8:01:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Oh cool i figured out how to post pics Pleased

wet sand
#5 Posted : 10/2/2019 8:09:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

With my own two eyes, The darker parts were a lot more red than they appear in the picture.

I let it dry for a good few days before smoking it. ( i smoked half of the blades worth on my first attempt. A few days later i tried again and tried smoking more of what was on the blade - No effect on me though. )

It definitely looks like dmt though doesn't it ? And I'd assume that the bark is fine because otherwise there'd be no yield at all.

I'm pretty sure that's right, If the bark was bad then there'd be no crystals or gooey yield after precip.

On another note, My greatest and most strongest Dmt trip which was a year or so ago, I remember it being a goo that solidified after scraping and drying, But it was much much cleaner looking and had some nice fluffy white crystals to boot Smile

( i hope to get results like that again, Even though yellow and reddish dmt is supposed to be just fine ) .

pastanostra
#6 Posted : 10/3/2019 9:02:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Tout product seems good. If youre not confident with you Can Do a ré x. Same as pulling but discard bottom things. You may end with a purer product
Cheers

wet sand
#7 Posted : 10/3/2019 7:55:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

pastanostra wrote:
Tout product seems good. If youre not confident with you Can Do a ré x. Same as pulling but discard bottom things. You may end with a purer product
Cheers

I'm in a weird situation because I've had great great trips into hyperspace in the past. But now nothing happens when i smoke.

So in the fast i never worried about doing re x , Looks like i might give it a try. I've been advised to try making changa too. I Used to just do freebase smoking of crystals or goo. Now nothing I'm making is working. ( i don't have anyone else who wants to try the dmt either to see if it's good or not ).

I just hope i didn't somehow burn out my pineal gland or whatever parts of the brain control the trips.

Have you ever heard about people suddenly becoming immune to Dmt after having lot's of fun with it previously ?

Cheers