We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Low yield acrb Options

Fractalus
#1 Posted : 3/2/2019 2:28:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

in this extraction lots of thing change so the reason of the low yield is unknown for now.

1. this first time buying from this supplier so have no idea of the bark quality,
2. until i worked with powdered bark and from reading in this lovely forum i deside to buy shredded bark and repleace regular coocking 4X2hours with pressure cooker 3X45min-1.5 hours(i did 1x45min + 1x1h + 1x1.5h), the shredded bark was with kinnda big chunks as well, look like garden mulch.
3. before the pc cook he put the bark in a bag and fill it with water, then freeze and thaw, i didnt notice that the bag has hole and after a night in room temp most of the freezed water has spilled on the floor.
4.later on the extraction i concentrete the aqua of the bark to 1.3l from 1k root(4l h2o and vinigar per cook), which is X2 concentrated from what i used to do (1k bark to 2.5l - joshisom tek),
5. I still use 250g of NaOH as josh tek, my ph meter start to get shitty and dont rise above 12.5, but with ph paper its shows 14 and the mother liquid is black, then i add 1l of 60/80 C pet.eter
6. maybe the most strange thing is until now i do the extractions with hot water bath that was really high temp(~70c), and now im doing it with ~40-50 C and the naptha change it color to milkey insteed of yellow that he was regular to see on extractions, and the spice in the preezer also perfectly white which is very nice but the yield seems really low right now and alto first pull is still percipitate in the freezer(18hours meanwhile), its not the yield he regular to see.

so lots of the thing changed in this extraction and can cause this low yield..
I keep all of the material and didnt throw anything, you think if i will blender the used bark and do another cook or 2 of powdered bark will worth it?
do you gyus have any suggestion for improvment and continue this extraction?
though the minds may be different, the body forms may be different
it is through the heart that we recognize our spirits are one.

everything im writing is a complete fiction and it is only a reflection of my imagination.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

pastanostra
#2 Posted : 3/2/2019 8:44:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll suggest you to try recooking your bark, if you can add more water than 4l then cook longer & reduce. I use above 3l or 4l of water to cook 50g or 100g of bark. The more room you give, the more can be pumped by cook.
But how much did you yielded ?
Maybe try to repull your first soup with less naptha but more heat.
In your pull, did the naptha was concentrated enough ?

Fractalus
#3 Posted : 3/2/2019 9:50:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

4L per cook Is what i always do with powder bark and get good yields, is the pc cook not enoght to lyse the cells? and anyway with pc you need less water.
so first pull yield 1.3 grams of powder white and oily slightly yellow which is low...
swim's now do second pull with higher temp ~60-70 c and the naptha is still clear color as appose to powder bark regular cook that in 60-70c always got yellow color, and when blows on it is not that cloudy with dmt and i used to see in my other extractions.
1l naptha yield 4+ grams of dmt per pull before so its not the issue.
the clear color of naptha even in high temp can possibly tell the fats and oils dissolved from higher temp and pressure and not migrate to naptha or the pc cook wasnt strong enoght to break the cells of the bark or the bark is not high quality and have less fats oils and dmt..

everything im writing is a complete fiction and it is only a reflection of my imagination.

Fractalus
#4 Posted : 3/3/2019 5:18:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Update: i tool the mulchi barks and blend it with some water in my powerfull blender, now its has consistenty of fine shredded bark kinnda like peat moss and try again 3X40min pc cook to see if it change anything.
Im praying for this addition to work but if it dosnt really make much of a diffrent it could be 2 reasons only: quality of the bark or the freez and thaw with the water and later the spill of thos water to the floor which has the goodies inside.
is freeze and thaw could make that good work for breaking the cells?

Asher7
#5 Posted : 3/3/2019 5:25:17 PM

Professional Tracker

Please remove that company’s name out of the OP if you would be so kind.Smile

Fractalus
#6 Posted : 3/3/2019 6:28:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

done! thank you for your correction!
do you have anything to add about the extraction?

null24
#7 Posted : 3/4/2019 1:52:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Having too hard of a time making sense of all this swimming nonsense to answer the question...
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Fractalus
#8 Posted : 3/4/2019 9:23:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Change all the swims, can you add suggestion for continue the extraction?

Asher7
#9 Posted : 3/4/2019 6:32:05 PM

Professional Tracker

You’re losing me a bit as well. All I can suggest is if you have an extra 50g of bark try a simple stb just to see if anything is in there. Even if it’s dirty you can clean it later, I’d just want to know it’s there. Once you get into the more complicated teks you begin to lose me, I’m a simple man.

downwardsfromzero
#10 Posted : 3/5/2019 1:57:18 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Fractalus wrote:
most of the freezed water has spilled on the floor.

This seems the simplest explanation for poor yield, besides having moved all the goalposts as well as almost the entire football field. That and bunk bark.

Try again, using the KISS principle - Keep It Simple, Stoopid!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Fractalus
#11 Posted : 3/5/2019 5:40:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Asher7 wrote:
You’re losing me a bit as well. All I can suggest is if you have an extra 50g of bark try a simple stb just to see if anything is in there. Even if it’s dirty you can clean it later, I’d just want to know it’s there. Once you get into the more complicated teks you begin to lose me, I’m a simple man.
I boil everything so i cant make another extraction and btw its acrb so its an a/b extraction.
and actually its not complicated tek, i just modify it a bit..pc cook insteed of regular boil and of course shredded insteed powder(after reading in the nexus), and concenrete it more after validate its ok

So for now the second pull with hot water bath is much better, 3 grams so its make a big diffrent.

now i making the extraction of the used materials after blend and boil in the pc so we can know how much diffrent is there between shredded and fine shredded bark!

downwardsfromzero, english is not the language i was born to understand and have no clue what you mean:besides having moved all the goalposts as well as almost the entire football field
and yeah i feel really like stupid when i saw the water on the floor, you dont need to mention it...
beside when i put the water in the bag its has no hole..must be by the expansion of the bag in the freezer...well...you learn something new everyday

downwardsfromzero
#12 Posted : 3/5/2019 6:56:22 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Don't worry, Fractalus - the leakage was unfortunate; I've made far more, far stupider mistakes and being able to put it down to experience is also a valuable lesson. Indeed, I find detachment from the desired outcome to be rather helpful and the most useful lesson overall. That way, any result at all becomes a blessing and the journey itself has already been the reward.

[Maybe you've already realised that it's wise to thaw plastic bags of liquid in a container large enough to hold the contents of the plastic bag...]

The "goalposts" thing is a metaphor for changing the parameters; I simply extended the metaphor a bit, so apologies for any confusion there.

Best of luck with the rest of the extraction!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Fractalus
#13 Posted : 3/6/2019 6:46:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks man!
update: the used material extraction do have crystals in them!!!
not much but still somthing and not tiny flaks but decente ones in small amount, tommorow will know what yield it has Smile
thats mean even with the pc and longer cooking then recommand its still give yield and its only 1 pull,
any of the extractors here who use pc try to chop their used material finer and try another extraction on that?

Fractalus
#14 Posted : 3/7/2019 3:45:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the used materials yield almost 0.9g of xtals and goo
not bad for used materials, with this low yield anyway, so the conclution for pc cookers is after first boil when the bark soften a bit to put it on the blender and continue the boils

tydel24
#15 Posted : 3/14/2019 8:07:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Damn, I had a similar experience, and like me. That'll be the last time you go powdered.. I do think however buying the shredded is a good idea. But pulverizing it necessary.

Fractalus
#16 Posted : 10/1/2019 7:18:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Update: new batch from new shippment, and same is happening, its just low grade bark, i wish i can tell you guys who is the vendor so you can beware of it..its probebly trunk, its not pink at all, its actually kinna brown and dosent have the strong acacia smell that i used to smell.