We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
I have committed a terrible crime... Options

Psilosopher?
#21 Posted : 9/28/2019 4:34:50 AM

Don't Panic

So, surprise surprise, that phone i bought is causing me problems.

I decided to look into phones that are privacy and security focused. And the result is the Silent Circle Blackphone 2.

https://www.silentcircle...d-solutions/blackphone2/

"Silent OS is Android-based and engineered for optimal privacy, Silent OS puts powerful privacy at your fingertips. Free of bloatware, hooks to carriers, and leaky data, Silent OS puts privacy in the hands of you and your enterprise, without compromising productivity."

Haven't tried it yet, but it is definitely on my radar.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#22 Posted : 9/28/2019 6:23:29 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Still no smartphone here Razz

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Strigiform
#23 Posted : 2/21/2021 10:40:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ooh that's quite interesting, the blackphone2, but the fact they don't have pricing tells me that they might manufacture small batches, and therefore the device will probably be very expensive.

There are a few other phones out there that I've considered tinkering with, such as pinephone, but there's a tradeoff between what I'm taking on for myself and the time it takes to configure and test out things to my satisfaction.

For now, I'm happy with my current smartphone situation, but it's fun to consider security-hardened alternatives.

PREV12