We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The mind explained Options

Metta-Morpheus
#1 Posted : 9/25/2019 12:33:06 AM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

The mind, explained is a show on Netflix. I watched the miniseries recently. They cover some very cool functions of the brain and how they work, including psychedelics. I suggest checking it out. In the psychedelics episode, they gave an analogy of how they work on the neural pathways. Imagine your brain as a snow covered hill. As you travel across the hill you leave a path in the snow. As more travel occurs, main paths begin to form as it becomes packed down, and it’s harder to get out of those trails. Psychedelics is a fresh snow storm that fills in those trails allowing for new directions and paths of travel. It had a neat visual to go with it. Happy travels!
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

AikyO
#2 Posted : 9/25/2019 12:13:20 PM

Neō KyK ĖntheŌnaut

Neat! This reminds me of an episode of Mushishi, one of the first, where he is trying to find a lost child near a lake in a snowy mountain; he has the most philosophical thought about snow and consciousness. That if we were to hear all snowflakes falling, it would be like being gone, not being you, being beyond you. Because all the dots are too vast your focus and your ability to rationalise and the identification becomes something else. I am lackinh about my rememberance but there's also a beautiful bit on silence.

I believe this is indeed an experience that can occur for human beings in nature - and evidently on psychedelics.

I also remember there being a Mushishi episode on some special golden liquor that provided visions and helped a craftman in his work. The backgroud art is beautiful in this show and the mushi are delightful.
安心精神芝簡単吸収前進
'''.'''''...'''''''..'~>\\\*'*¤@¤-.*;,^/ò°ò\^,,;*.-¤@¤*'*///<~'..'''''''...'''''.'''
*/(°_-_-_-_-_-_-,-:_:°_°::.:..((<u><u><u><u><u><vvv><vvv><vv><vvv>((",°^°FFF[[[--°°°___<<<```///---_°°°<<`_`_`°o°o°O°O°.°-)-(-°..°o.)°..O))°°(O°;';;'';;;''<°<°<<°°°<°°°<<<°°__-_---___---_°_°°___°°--°°_---____/__//___//__///__/_///_/_///_//o°oo°°oo°°oo°oo°°°ooo°o°o°o°o°o°°o°o°o^°^°^^°^°^°^°,,-.'''..--''__--```((-°-),-.-,,((),)(),)
.°o;;;^`^_<<<8>>>_^`^,,,O.°

Achilles
#3 Posted : 9/26/2019 12:30:56 AM

I is the obstacle.

Awesome show... the dreams episode is pretty cool to. Thanks for the recommendation guy Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up
This guys ego ^

KuzeMaf
#4 Posted : 9/26/2019 1:31:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

AikyO wrote:

I also remember there being a Mushishi episode on some special golden liquor that provided visions and helped a craftman in his work. The backgroud art is beautiful in this show and the mushi are delightful.

Ahh, the Golden Kouki.... it seems to be some kind of magical rice wine or moonshine type of home brew......

Such a beautiful show. I used to watch it as I would drift off to sleep every night. Very relaxing. It has some psychedelic qualities in it's own right.

Light and Love and Travel well.
All is the one....One is the all.

Math. Simple math looks infinite to me.

the_Architect
#5 Posted : 9/27/2019 12:16:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Metta-Morpheus wrote:
Psychedelics is a fresh snow storm that fills in those trails allowing for new directions and paths of travel

I like the snowstorm analogy, thanks.
"...after five seconds I was no longer a marxist, no longer a materialist, no longer a rationalist.
It killed those things, it cauterized them..."

Terrence McKenna