We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cactus and Caffeine Options

Fatcat
#1 Posted : 12/25/2009 2:16:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have never liked coffee, or had any inclination to try it. Every once in a while I would have some coffee from starbucks just for something to drink with a scone and have never noticed any effects, good or bad. About a month ago I finally had the chance to try some cactus, and I loved it. The morning after I went to get a scone and some coffee for breakfast. I was still slightly tripping, but about 5 min after I finished my coffee I had the most intense rush of euphoria, similar to mescaline, that lasted for around 4 hours and slowly tapered off. This rush of euphoria happens every time I drink coffee now, even a month later.

I would like to know if anyone else has had this reaction, or is this the natural effect of coffee and i just never noticed it.
By allowing this message to pass through your cornea, into your retina, you accept it as is and agree to my disclaimer regarding my posts that they are a complete falsification by doing so freeing me of all liability, direct, indirect, consequential or incidental that may arise from the instillation of this post in your memory bank.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

w0mbat
#2 Posted : 12/25/2009 4:00:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I occasionally get a pleasant rush from a cup of strong cup of coffee, but only if I don't drink it very often. I'd compare it to the rush you get from taking 5-10 mg Adderall (d- and l-amphetamine). It's never really felt like cactus for me - or at least that's not the association I would make.

Perhaps you've just become sensitized to the effects of caffeine lately?

Edit: FWIW, coffee from coffee shops is notorious for having widely ranging doses of caffeine. Caffeine is treated as a "food additive" rather than a drug (as if it had no pharmacological properties whatsoever!), so caffeine doses are not required on any beverage that contains it. I once read a study where the same size cup of coffee from the same vendor had something like < 200 mg caffeine one day, and > 600 mg the next. So I suppose another possibility is that you've just got stronger doses lately with your morning scone.
benzyme wrote:

i'm tellin ya, one day i'll interface a mass spec and uv-vis spectrophotometer to a modular synthesizer

jamie
#3 Posted : 12/25/2009 5:43:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I get that same euphoria every time I drink coffee..I wouldnt drink it otherwise. I dont drink it often though maybe 1-2 times a week at most. And yeah it goes great with mescaline. I like to take coffee with bufotenine as well because it adds some extra mental exitment to the trip.

yerba mate and green tea are good as well but coffee is more euphoric for me.
Long live the unwoke.

69ron
#4 Posted : 12/25/2009 8:55:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Coffee and mescaline are like lovers. They compliment each other so well. It’s a near perfect combination. I think probably your use of mescaline has made you more aware of the effects of coffee, because they are similar in some ways.

I’ve found certain types of coffee are much more euphoric than others, and some are just plain crappy and unpleasant.

My favorite is Folgers instant coffee. I find that the most euphoric coffee there is.

Different kinds of coffee beans used, roasting methods used, and preparation methods, all effect the overall flavor and experience you get from coffee. There’s more to coffee than just caffeine. The other minor alkaloids present effect it quite a bit.

I find Starbucks to be one of the worst coffees you can get. The only thing worse is Hawaiian coffee (taste good but makes you feel crappy as all hell).

Also, different people prefer different kinds of coffee. It’s rare to find two coffee lovers who love the same kind of coffee that are living in the same household.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

jamie
#5 Posted : 12/25/2009 9:08:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"I find Starbucks to be one of the worst coffees you can get."

Haha ya..and one of the most $$.
Long live the unwoke.

Fatcat
#6 Posted : 12/25/2009 10:48:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Im not much of a fan of starbucks coffee now that I've started drinking it for the effects. I just love thier scones.
I have noticed that different coffees have different amounts of euphoria, I always thought that was just different levels of caffeine, good to know about the other alkaloids.

I tried drinking a cup of coffee before and holding 2 cebil seeds under my tounge and the euphoria was so strong I couldn't stop dancing until the bufo died down. It was great, thanks for the advice guys.
By allowing this message to pass through your cornea, into your retina, you accept it as is and agree to my disclaimer regarding my posts that they are a complete falsification by doing so freeing me of all liability, direct, indirect, consequential or incidental that may arise from the instillation of this post in your memory bank.