We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Phalaris arundinacea "big medicine" Options

observe
#1 Posted : 9/21/2019 1:12:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I am torn between bio assaying ayahuasca made of big medicine or extracting it. If anyone has any trip reports using big medicine id be exceedingly interested in them to help me decide. Thank you for all the help.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jamie
#2 Posted : 9/21/2019 2:18:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I would suggest anyone working with strains of arundinacea or aquatica to first work with an extract, vaporized, before consuming the plants in whole teas with beta carbolines.

There can be a lot of stuff in grasses, like hordenine etc. It can be quite stimulating in my experience.

Good luck!
Long live the unwoke.

endlessness
#3 Posted : 9/21/2019 2:34:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I also think better extract first, too many unknowns with phalaris. At the very least doing an extract will tell you how strong it is.

You can eventually learn TLC to test your plants and potentially detect unwanted alkaloids before consuming.

observe
#4 Posted : 9/22/2019 5:40:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you both. Where can I learn TLC?

endlessness
#5 Posted : 9/22/2019 6:21:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This video I made some years back gives a general idea of how it works in practice:

You can also read this I wrote about how TLC works:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...m=260190&#post260190

I noticed there is a broken image link on that explanation, I´ll try and fix it later tonight

If you are interested, for the moment the only business selling a ready-to-use TLC kit is the bunk police, even though I just see that it says " sold out" in their page, I just emailed them asking when they are re-stocking.

Otherwise you can also buy the different bulk material needed from different suppliers, ebay, amazon, chem supply companies or whatever, which will be more investment to start with but if you do many tests it will be proportionately cheaper. One way or another, if you do get interested in something like that I can help you set it up.

Feel free to ask any questions

observe
#6 Posted : 11/9/2019 7:12:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've yielded 106mg of yellow oil from an a/b on roughly 56g fresh foliage. It smelled floral but wouldnt crsytallize so i put it on 174mg mullein. I boiled the grass with no acid for 7 hours. Added koh to filtered concentrated soup pulled with naphtha,seperated, and evapped for goo. My concern is the jar i used for the basing had some black residue from mimosa tea stored in it prior coating some of the glass in underwhelming quantity. Could dmt have been caught in that? I hope its not just mimosa dmt that bound to the glass.

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 11/11/2019 12:53:20 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

0.19% from fresh material is pretty good. It would have been a good idea to use clean glassware, to be sure. It's unlikely the coating would have contributed much, although DMT could potentially adsorb onto precipitated tannins.

Calculating the interior surface area of the jar in question will allow estimation of the maximum amount of contamination.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

RhythmSpring
#8 Posted : 11/11/2019 2:00:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If it were me, I'd drink the ayahuasca, but it's too late for that (for now).

I'd harvest a bunch of grass, make a big soup, and drink it. : P

Cool Embarrased Crying or very sad Thumbs up Thumbs down Sick Mad Pleased Laughing
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

observe
#9 Posted : 11/12/2019 11:59:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The bottle i used was 8oz and 1/3 covered in black residue. I bio assayed 32mg and its dmt. I will be drinking the tea in the future.