We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Acid Cook Struggle, Options

hamziam
#1 Posted : 12/23/2009 11:16:44 PM

Ham

SWIM is cooking 100g of MHRB with lots of vinegar (Distilled white vinegar 5%). SWIM is worried that he put in too much, and does not no how to reduce it except for boiling it out. But will boiling effect the yield or not? SWIM has heard that boiling will make it lose your spice, but also have heard it doesn't matter. SWIM has had his solution cook up to 160 degrees Fahrenheit, is that too high?

Thanks in Advance,
I am nothing, just a hollow empty casket that wonders about. But theres something that makes me unique, and I am here, within my self to figure it out.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

soulfood
#2 Posted : 12/23/2009 11:18:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I recommend looking at a low temperature for as long as you can.

Too much vinegar won't damage anything. It will speed stuff up a little though. Vinegar's easy to reduce aswell as acetic acid evaporates quite nicely.

psychosisdoses
#3 Posted : 12/24/2009 12:34:24 AM

Derek

who won you or the cook?
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

MagikVenom
#4 Posted : 12/24/2009 2:39:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hamziam wrote:
SWIM is cooking 100g of MHRB with lots of vinegar (Distilled white vinegar 5%). SWIM is worried that he put in too much, and does not no how to reduce it except for boiling it out. But will boiling effect the yield or not? SWIM has heard that boiling will make it lose your spice, but also have heard it doesn't matter. SWIM has had his solution cook up to 160 degrees Fahrenheit, is that too high?

Thanks in Advance,

Boil it off gently NO SWEAT!

Well water boils at 212F so you will need to be close to that to reduce the solution.

As far as losing DMT no worries the Acid salt of DMT is not going anywhere. Boiling solutions of DMT freebase CAN cause a loss of product but acid salt in acetic solution no problem.

Dont sweat it you are fine proceed.

Peace
MV

DMTripper
#5 Posted : 12/24/2009 2:48:53 AM

John Murdoch IV

But is there any reason to boil it off? Can't one just put more lye to basify? Then extract with solvent.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

MagikVenom
#6 Posted : 12/24/2009 4:02:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DMTripper wrote:
But is there any reason to boil it off? Can't one just put more lye to basify? Then extract with solvent.

Yes I believe that is correct, it would not be a problem you may have to agitate the solvent a bit more due to the larger volume of solution it will in theory take longer for the dmt free base to come in contact with the extraction solvent.

But yes no real reason to reduce at less you need it to fit in a specific container for final extraction.

Peace
MV

hamziam
#7 Posted : 12/24/2009 3:24:03 PM

Ham

Thank you so much, SWIM can't wait to get his spice at the end!!!

BTW, Happy Holidays..
I am nothing, just a hollow empty casket that wonders about. But theres something that makes me unique, and I am here, within my self to figure it out.

psychosisdoses
#8 Posted : 12/25/2009 6:57:44 AM

Derek

Head Master Acid Cook:
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

۩
#9 Posted : 12/25/2009 5:37:28 PM

R.I.P.
P.L.E.