We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mislabelled terscheckii Options

downwardsfromzero
#1 Posted : 9/19/2019 12:22:16 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Recently I was at a garden centre and found an appreciable number of cacti mislabelled as being Trichocereus pachanoi. In the picture attached below you can see quite clearly that it's a terscheckii. Obviously I had to get myself a specimen, but please don't tell me it's a chiloensis Big grin
downwardsfromzero attached the following image(s):
IMG_1296.JPG (4,374kb) downloaded 55 time(s).

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Wolfnippletip
#2 Posted : 9/19/2019 2:21:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Handsome Beast of a Terscheckii! What did it cost you? Somebody'd want at least 150 USD on Ebay.
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 9/19/2019 10:20:23 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Would have cost me 89 flaccid British Pounds but I got a couple of pounds knocked off on account of the mislabelling and being kind enough to point out a few other mislabelled specimens at the place. A quick calculation shows that this works out at being a little less than 110 USD so either this was a great deal or Ebay is a rip off.

Either way it's a lovely plant and it seemed to have the most vibrant meristem of the specimens available. There are only 4 visible annual growth marks so it's possible it's a cutting from a much larger plant. Here's to it growing another 18" in the next 4 years anyhow!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli