We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Liberty caps? Options

woody
#1 Posted : 9/13/2019 5:13:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone,
So I was out for a walk today and came across these. I’m quite sure that they’re liberty caps but due to my strong desire to not poison my self I thought I’d like to get a second or third opinion!
They’ve dried out a little since this morning, I did a spore print on four of them but two didn’t produce anything and I couldn’t really tell for sure if it is the dark purple I’m looking for as the other two were quite faint. What do you think?
woody attached the following image(s):
m.jpg (1,202kb) downloaded 143 time(s).
m2.jpg (1,199kb) downloaded 145 time(s).

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

rOm
#2 Posted : 9/13/2019 5:36:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

what do we think ? you didn't proviude any information or even picture of fresh or dried mushroom and onyl said they didn't produce spore print. so what do we think ?
It isn't Identified for sure.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

woody
#3 Posted : 9/13/2019 5:38:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hang on hang on Very happy I can’t upload my pictures! It won’t accept jpeg format, I’m working on it!

rOm
#4 Posted : 9/13/2019 5:39:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

this should work, but you should resize them maybe. workonit and we'll help you out. try get fresh picture in site, macro. that would help.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

DansMaTete
#5 Posted : 9/14/2019 12:36:40 AM

[insert something smart/deep here]

Yep it's the thing.

« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

null24
#6 Posted : 9/14/2019 1:14:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Well damn, those are indeed the thing. Nice early- or late? hunting!Thumbs up Where in the world are you? Anticipating a helluva season for woodlovers up here in PNW-US, but I'm guessing these beauties are from the UK?

What is your experience with libs?

Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

woody
#7 Posted : 9/14/2019 8:11:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the replies.

I’m in the UK Null, it’s probably a little early but only by a couple of weeks. I thought I’d go for a look anyway, they aren’t out in abundance yet but this looks like an encouraging start Thumbs up

I have no experience with libs, only ever had cultivated in the past so looking forward to the rewards of foraging.

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 9/15/2019 10:31:33 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Lovely specimens, the bluing on the (crooked) stems is a most positive sign, along with the classic cap shape.

This species has most certainly been appearing in some upland areas of the UK in the past week or so Thumbs up

woody wrote:
It won’t accept jpeg format

It will if you edit the file extension to be .jpg instead of .jpeg - in any case, it seems you sorted out this issue one way or another.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Jupitor
#9 Posted : 9/16/2019 5:05:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I will be visiting Scotland in a few weeks. Anyone know any good mushy hunting spots? I have always wanted to try this species!

null24
#10 Posted : 9/16/2019 9:03:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

OP- from what I understand- and I'm naive to libs- you are gonna need about 37 or 42 more of those to get good and high, here's to your mycovenatorial success in finding them.Thumbs up

ohboyohboyohboy- season is right around the corner. Rain for the coming week and night temps in 60s-YAY! I found the motherlode of habitats last year, but the park has had a bunch of new vegetation put in and a lot of dirt went over the chips in some areas. However, there's acres of chips down in this hole, and I pulled 12 pounds of cyans out last year-still haven't finished the last jar of 'em, but still I am eagerly awaiting a pin-check.

Greedy? No! Passionate and obsessed! Fave time o' the year up here, open up the clouds!

Looked for myc growth last week but everything was still dusty dry.

We should start a fall myco hunter post-yer-find post. Hopefully I'll be the first outta the gate to do so,Ha!Laughing
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

woody
#11 Posted : 9/18/2019 3:18:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
OP- from what I understand- and I'm naive to libs- you are gonna need about 37 or 42 more of those to get good and high, here's to your mycovenatorial success in finding them.Thumbs up

Yes this is what I've heard too. Despite having these on my doorstep forever I've never actually tried libs before so looking forward to getting some more. I saw about thirty that day so I'm hoping that after some rain there'll be plenty more.

I went for a long walk yesterday looking for potential spots so as not to rely on the 'popular' areas. I found plenty of fungi but not what I was faster, but still, the thrill of the hunt!

downwardsfromzero
#12 Posted : 9/18/2019 10:57:01 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

You'll want to be getting right up on the hilltops for the action.

Eating fresh mushrooms might prove to be more potent than anticipated, especially if it's the biggies from the spiky grass tussocks. YMMV.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli