We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Nutmeg - The Worst Hallucinogen Ever? Options

ghrue84
#41 Posted : 9/10/2019 3:11:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Got the capsules. Size 00. Will report once I have the time and space to trip calmly and safely. I have work this weekend so probably an undetermined time after that.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

ghrue84
#42 Posted : 9/17/2019 1:31:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just swallowed a size 00 capsule filled about 1/3 of the full capacity. So considering the measurements given out earlier for doses in mL I am ingesting from 0.25mL to 0.40mL of nutmeg essential oil. Brand is auracacia, says "not for internal use", "dilute properly", "may irritate skin", "keep out of reach of children", "Origin: Indonesia/Sri Lanka"

ghrue84
#43 Posted : 9/17/2019 8:10:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I swallowed the capsule with mango juice with honey, I hadn't eaten anything today when the capsule was ingested. It's been 6 and a half hours. Haven't felt or seen anything significant or psychedelic. I've walked 1 and a half miles and ran 1/2 mile. Did pushups, stretched my legs, excercised neck, catcow pose and bridge pose. I ate quinoa with potatoes, leaves, turmeric, ginger, coconut and sesame oil, cucumber. It's been a nice day. But I haven't done or seen anything I wouldn't normally do or see. Perhaps, if there's a next time, a slight dosage increase is in order.

downwardsfromzero
#44 Posted : 9/17/2019 10:49:48 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Not all nutmeg oil contains the requisite elemicin and/or myristicin. Also, your metabolic enzyme profile might not be suitable for activating nutmeg.

Even then, don't expect it to be similar to tryptamines or phens. It's different. A low effective dose will produce mood elevation and sensory enhancement. Going above that level increases the likelihood of unpleasant side-effects.

Elsewhere on the forum, I've shared details of experiments with nutmeg tincture, which I've made using freshly ground nuts and 80% ethanol. Elemicin and myristicin are appreciably soluble in hot water, so you can just add the powdered nut (or mace) to some freshly ground coffee prior to infusion to obtain some level of effect with the minimum of effort.

Elsewhere, someone has described how they would make multiple extractions of powdered nutmeg in combination with decaffeinated instant coffee to reliable effect so you might want to have a go with that.

Meanwhile, read (all) this.

Take care, heed the warnings, stay safe!

โ€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
โ€• Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

ghrue84
#45 Posted : 9/18/2019 2:09:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's been 12 and a half hours at this point. I smoked a joint (a few hours ago) with cannabis, blue lotus, mullein, white lotus, damiana, pink lotus and a few more herbs. I did not feel that the joint potentiated the nutmeg oil at all. It felt like the usual joint I make.

Ferrum
#46 Posted : 9/18/2019 4:29:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

One of the most powerful psychedelics are derived from the essential oil of nutmeg . But I wouldn't consume it on it s own (nutmeg) Prison high is what it used to be long ago

ghrue84
#47 Posted : 9/18/2019 5:22:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Taking a 00 capsule half full to slightly more. Estimated dose between 0.45mL and 0.55mL. Empty stomach. With water. Wish me blessings. Smoked a joint with cannabis and a few maois minutes ago. Still a little left in the joint. Might smoke more later. Gonna eat something with coconut oil and sesame oil soon. Probably quinoa with avocado. And sesame seeds. Cucumber. Grated carrots. Herbs and leaves. Sprouts. Turmeric and Ginger.

downwardsfromzero
#48 Posted : 9/18/2019 11:13:24 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

This thread inspired me to re-test my nutmeg infused olive oil this morning, via the transdermal route.

About two tablespoons of the oil were applied to various skin surfaces, principally the inner thighs and the forearms, in two sessions. This time the effects initially consisted of marked drowsiness, difficulty in forming thoughts, and poor concentration. About four hours into the experience, after drinking a couple of cups of coffee, I succumbed to the drowsiness and lay down for a while. There were noticeable CEV's, mostly coloured blobs forming a mandala-like pattern.

I remained in a hard-to-recollect state of twilight reverie for about 90 minutes and got up feeling quite refreshed and somewhat frisky. Thereafter I enjoyed a good session battering away on the drum kit which went rather better than usual - I'm a fairly rubbish drummer with no formal training whatsoever - as it seemed much easier to engage with the pure physicality of the rhythm.

All-in-all I'm feeling good now but the drowsiness detracted from the productivity potential of the day, although I didn't really fancy scraping mortar off old bricks anyhow.

โ€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

ghrue84
#49 Posted : 9/19/2019 1:04:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No psychedelics effects so far in these two experiments. Might try crushing fresh seeds and making a tea or infusion out of it to see if that gives me a different experience. Or might try a higher dose next week of the essential oil. Only thing of note may be the sounds my stomach was making (none painful though) when I was eating a quinoa salad with lots of avocado on it. That might've been because of the amount of avocado however as I don't usually eat that much avocado on a single meal or it might've been the oil or both. I did burp as well which is unusual since I rarely ever burp. Tolerance may have played a part in the second attempt, but I have no information regarding it nor have I researched it.

At this point I don't really see why someone with access to psilocybin or dmt would choose a potentially deadly spice over mushrooms or extracts from tree barks which are safe to consume even in high doses and which are likelier to give you a true psychedelic experience. However, there might be more experimentation in order and I might change my mind depending on the results.

downwardsfromzero
#50 Posted : 9/19/2019 9:40:50 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I would suggest trying the tincture or/and the infused oil at least once. It can be a matter of learning the 'language' of the plant, although it may be the case that your personal profile of metabolic enzymes doesn't suit nutmeg. If you work your way through all the links that I linked you to, it should give the beginnings of some idea how you might optimise your metabolism through dietary choices and admixture herbs.

One other thing to consider is that nutmeg is rather variable in its chemical profile, depending to a fair extent on its origin. It seems some plantations have selectively bred nutmeg to be low in phenylpropenes.

I would say that seeking out some kind of visionary high from nutmeg is a waste of time. As you say, we have a whole host of other things that do the job much better in that respect.

This report was quite interesting: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=720607#post720607
Here's another relevant link: Activity of terpenes
And a further, more detailed link to (nearly) all my relevant links: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=948799#post948799

Funnily enough, some of the latest research strongly suggests that nutmeg has significant activity in the cannabinoid receptorome.

Attached is a potion recipe, for posterity. Replicate at your own peril.

downwardsfromzero
#51 Posted : 9/20/2019 2:09:56 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

A further update here: after transdermal usage of nutmeg-infused olive oil, my levels of back pain have been significantly reduced. This corresponds with how nutmeg essential oil is used in aromatherapy, of course. I'll be keeping an eye on how long this pain relief lasts. The active portion of nutmeg volatiles seems to have a pretty long half-life in the body as it's quite lipophilic (unsurprisingly, having been extracted with oil).

This morning, about 48 hours after the initial application of the oil, hypnopompic visual activity was still above baseline levels by a noticeable amount.

Cactus Man
#52 Posted : 10/19/2019 9:31:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Tried the powder as a teenager (to no effect) but never the oil. Gonna have to get some soon.

downwardsfromzero
#53 Posted : 10/19/2019 3:06:13 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

The essential oil is a kind of short cut to making infused oil and, as stated above, I'd recommend the transdermal route above all others. Oil infused with whole nutmeg nuts may contain additional beneficial compounds (e.g., lignans) which will not be found in the essential oil.

My view is that the toxic delirium constitutes excessive dosage. Pain relief, euphoria and sensory enhancements are a good place to get to. Others may disagree, and, as always - YMMV.

It bears repeating - an understanding of metabolic enzymology is very helpful if considering working with this material. Due to the significant lipophilicity of the active or precursor compounds, combined with the metabolic transformations they undergo, the effects of nutmeg can linger for a very long time. I have warned elsewhere of the insidious characteristics of a nutmeg comedown. Be prepared!

downwardsfromzero
#54 Posted : 1/9/2020 9:13:50 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Here's a (fairly lame) review of the nutmeg poisoning in Marseille, France. While trying to account for euphoric states that nutmeg can produce, the author repeats without question the discredited assertion that myristicin is metabolised to MMDA in the human body, then fails to refer to much more recent research which suggests cannabinoid activity from nutmeg.

Reynoard, J., Torrents, R., Domange, B., Glaizal, M., de Haro, L., & Simon, N. (2019). Nutmeg poisoning: Ten years (2008โ€“2018) of experience from the Marseille Poison Control Center. La Presse Médicale, 48(9), 994โ€“996. doi:10.1016/j.lpm.2019.08.016

Paper attached.

downwardsfromzero
#55 Posted : 7/27/2020 4:21:18 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Sorry for cross-posting - this seems important to highlight:
Quote:
Just dumping this video here:

Highly relevant, be warned if you're sensitive/squeamish!

ColorfulElfBoy
#56 Posted : 11/21/2020 2:28:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

RealAwareness wrote:

I realized I was simply having a bad trip

Man... lol That is so funny in contrast to what you were just describing lol!

It's like, I was in hell forever in eternal damnation...
Simply a bad trip lol

I hope you're good.

PREV123