We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Bufo bufo secretion Options

dithyramb
#1 Posted : 9/16/2019 3:01:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bufo bufo is a toad that hops around where I live.

Does anybody know if the boiling the secretions in water would make it safe to ingest?

And is the venom milking process with Bufo bufo the same as with Bufo alvarius?

Thank you.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Chimp Z
#2 Posted : 9/16/2019 5:10:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't be playing with fire if you don't know how hot it is.
The bufotenine can cause some unwanted nausea or excessive body load
when mixed with MAOI.
I would suggest just chillin' with the frogs for a while before
attempting to mix with MAOI.
Have you read anyone's experiences with YOPO or toad secretions?
People generally have a pretty uncomfortable physical experience
with the bufotenine extracts as well as 5-MeO-DMT.
It can be visionary but takes a toll on your body during the trip.
I've had friends tell me bufotenine isn't worth it to extract because they smoked
it and had incredible back pain when the effects hit.
In my time I imagine I've ingested trace amounts of Bufotenine with the
Phalaris/Rue teas I've made, it has all worked out great so far.
I think if you're going to work with Bufotenine and the toads, dose low.
Be certain that the frog you're after actually has tryptamines too.
Bufo Marinus, now known as ,Rhinella marina, is a common toad with Bufotenine.
Bufo Alvarius now reclassified as Incilius alvarius has 5-MeO-DMT & Bufotenine.
Be safe Smile

dithyramb
#3 Posted : 9/16/2019 11:41:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Chimp Z. Do you know some good threads here on yopo and toad venom?

A lot of times pure molecules appear to have toxic effects when whole spectrum extracts from natural sources seem to be benign.

I would definitely hang out with the toad alone first before attempting something like this.

As far as I know, Bufo bufo is the only toad species we have here.

Cheers
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

wira
#4 Posted : 9/18/2019 5:15:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would strongly suggest not drinking toad venom tea, whether boiled or not, with MAOI or not. The heat from smoking seems to destroy the more toxic components but I wouldn't bet on boiling achieving that. Bufo bufo gargarizans venom is used in Chinese medicine but you really want to know what you're doing with the dose to risk taking toad venom internally. Also, besides alvarius (which tends to contain mainly 5-MeO-DMT, by far) toad venoms tend to be made up of heaps of different 5-substituted indoles (and other things), and just because a species has been listed as containing bufotenine doesn't mean it is necessarily going to be the major component. Some of the other alkaloids may be interesting psychoactives in their own right but practically nothing is known of their human pharmacology.

dragonrider
#5 Posted : 10/6/2019 5:07:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The general consensus is that bufotenin is not to be taken orally. Some people claim that with a large amount of 5ht3 antagonists it is doable though.
I personally find it is most effective when smoked.

Toadvenom, as far as i know, contains mostly 5-MeO-DMT. I don't know if that is active at all, when taken orally, because of the MAO enzyme.

rOm
#6 Posted : 10/8/2019 1:59:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider, the OP talks about bufo bufo which is a different toad than incilius alvarius '( previously named bufo alvarius ).
I don't think its a good idea to drink bufo bufo secretions, but maybe one can milk them. best, would be if you try, milk them and send the milk to analysis before even planning on smokingit. if you want bufotenine, its really easy to just get yopo seeds and prepair that or even extract bufotenin from them.
way more reliable and safe than milking toads as pionneer and guinea pig.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

dithyramb
#7 Posted : 12/8/2023 6:37:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A Bufo bufo toad came my way and just out of curiosity I milked it's venom. Afterwards tasted my finger which did not seem to have any venom left on it, and after getting an intensely bitter taste, my tongue and lips went numb. Apparently bufo venom does have a traditional use as a topical anesthetic. The main alkaloid according to literature is bufotenine (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20637273/), and it does not have any 5 MeO DMT. Also has various cardiotoxins. I felt a momentary effect on my heart. It was interesting to become aware that the common European toad actually carries a lethal toxin. So much medicine is derived from poisons, by using them in the right way. Bee venom, scorpion venom, even snake venom... And not to forget that our beloved tryptamines, harmalas, and various other alkaloids and terpenes are meant to be plant, mushroom (and toad) defenses, i.e. poisons. There are two parallel realities, if you believe in the spiritual reality at all... All of these substances have multiple purposes. And for example DMT is one communication channel which opens us to the connected and unified spirit ecology, alongside being a boring individual defense in a seemingly dog eat dog individual/separate plants and animals material world.

~ Pablo Amaringo