We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Difference between vaping toad venom and pure 5-MeO-DMT Options

VibeSurfer
#1 Posted : 4/13/2019 3:56:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

I've had 5-MeO-DMT on my experimentation radar for quite some time now. I believe I will end up trying it sometime in the near or distant future. What I'm wondering is if there is a difference in experience between vaping pure 5-MeO-DMT and vaping toad venom that contains 5-MeO-DMT? I have access to the venom, and I am reasonably sure that I can extract the 5-MeO just fine, but I'm wondering if I should even bother doing that or just vape it as is? Please let me know your thoughts.

Thank you
"It was altruism, not violence or force, which associated our higher cortex. Our intent is to awaken that memory." - Indigo

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

AcaciaConfusedYah
#2 Posted : 4/13/2019 12:15:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

That's between you and tha toad. Ask them what they think.

I have some friends that are toads. I said that they could come chill here as long as they do me one favor - when it's time, offer voluntarily. I'm in no rush. They will offer voluntarily, i've seen it happen. I was going to collect it, but that particular toad was very fixated on me. I was going to just let it continue to secrete and then collect it once it had finished. I decided to give them some food (they were waiting for dinner) and let things happen as they do. While eating, the secretion continued. So, I decided to change their water bowl while they were distracted. That toad... that one is particularly aware of me. So, when i reached in to change the water dish, it thought that I had more food in my hand. It followed my hand towards the water dish and then jumped in! Doh!

The secretion was washed away. Lol. Oh well.

For what it's worth - venom must be injected into the bloodstream to be harmful. Venom can be eaten and no ill result - it can even aid in digestion. Poison, on the other hand, can be toxic even when eaten. Not important, in the grand scheme - but might be useful to know the difference. There's no such thing as a poisonous snake or a venomous toad. Wink

Take care!
ACY
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

#3 Posted : 4/13/2019 2:02:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

VibeSurfer wrote:

What I'm wondering is if there is a difference in experience between vaping pure 5-MeO-DMT and vaping toad venom that contains 5-MeO-DMT? I have access to the venom

I'm pretty sure a few years back when endlessness and some others had met Octavio Retig at one of the conferences they were able to grab a sample of his toad venom and have it analyzed and found it to be primarily 5-MeO.

Also remember this post from 2018 with Banco mentioning this:

Bancopuma wrote:

Having experienced both Bufo extract and synthetic pure 5-MeO, I can say with firm conviction that they both get you to the same place...a few samples of Bufo extract have been analysed by Nexus peeps and I recall only 5-MeO as the sole tryptamine detected.

Tony6Strings
#4 Posted : 4/13/2019 4:15:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Another toad/5meo question. Regarding roa, in every video I've seen, practitioners are using a glass lollipop style pipe with a torch lighter, otherwise known as an oilburner or a meth pipe. Does toad smoke differently than regular dmt? What about using a machine or a vapor genie? Why does the meth pipe still seem to be the roa of choice for toad medicine?
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

VibeSurfer
#5 Posted : 4/15/2019 5:04:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you everyone for your input. I might separate it out just for fun.

Tony6Strings wrote:
Another toad/5meo question. Regarding roa, in every video I've seen, practitioners are using a glass lollipop style pipe with a torch lighter, otherwise known as an oilburner or a meth pipe. Does toad smoke differently than regular dmt? What about using a machine or a vapor genie? Why does the meth pipe still seem to be the roa of choice for toad medicine?

So the machine and vapor genie became popular ROAs for NN-DMT because using the oil burner is a bit trickier to get just right and it is way easier to accidentally burn it. For example, if you want to vape 30-40 mg of NN-DMT in an oil burner you're gonna have to melt it slowly, roll it back and forth, inhale slowly, make sure to hold hits for a long time, not burn it, etc. With 5-MeO-DMT, you only have a small amount to vaporize - let's say, 2-5mg. Also, it is absorbed into your bloodstream through your lungs waaaaay faster (so I have heard.) What I'm saying is, it seems way easier to not mess up vaping 5-MeO-DMT in an oil burner than NN-DMT.
"It was altruism, not violence or force, which associated our higher cortex. Our intent is to awaken that memory." - Indigo

rOm
#6 Posted : 4/15/2019 9:30:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you have access to the toad secretion 5 MeO DMT, you don't need to bother extracting and isolting 5 MeO DMT if you plan to vaporize it. I do it in an oil burner with a torch lighter. And I believe the other substance ( aside from the 5 meo dmt ) may evenbe beneficial to spome extent, or prolong a nice afterglow that can last couple of weeks. I haven't felt this way with 5 meo dmt synthetic but I did have good results with combo.
I use both and I like the 5 meo dmt synthetic cause you can also mesure the dose more accurately which can be more confortable to start with.

The 5 meo dmt syntehtic can used rectally, sublingually, nasally, beside form being vaped which can be a plus. The onset is slower and more confortable using the permeable mucous membrane of your mouth or your rectum.

I did vape 5 meo and n,n DMT together in GVG too, as I also mange to vape Salvia divinorum extract in this pipe. But I always use an oil burner for toad secretion.

Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

physics envy
#7 Posted : 4/15/2019 7:34:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I like the synthetic better because I only have to smoke 15mg instead of 100mg of toad. But without a jewelers scale, I find measuring the synthetic a PITA.

The toad burns very nicely in a basic oil burner pipe...it's not too harsh and isn't too difficult to burn at least most of it rather easily.

For the synthetic, I found the sandwich method in a bong with just a tiny bit of leafy substrate to work very well - no harshness and still much less to inhale than 100mg of toad.

Some say they do 2-3 hits from an oil burner with the toad...a small inhale initially (and blow out the smoke quickly), followed by a second similar one, then a third big hit that they hold. I haven't tried this myself, however.

I hadn't heard of anyone extracting the 5meo from the venom. I'd be interested in a tek for that if it works.
Salvia quid enthusiast

Ferrum
#8 Posted : 9/17/2019 8:39:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ii was curious too if bufotenine could be extracted from the poison . There are cardio toxins present but I cannot find a article for what they are so its hard to check solubility . I'll keep looking , old post I know but it's on topic and might as well expand on it some .

I like the reports of oral bufotenine but I can't remember if 5-meO is degraded during enzymatic processes . I believe it is .

I've tried the poison before . It's powerful . So i feel they are both good , I think the difference is subjective .

downwardsfromzero
#9 Posted : 9/17/2019 9:29:42 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Ferrum wrote:
There are cardio toxins present but I cannot find a article for what they are

Toad cardiotoxins are steroidal substances akin to the cardiac glycosides found in a wide variety of plants such as foxglove and lily of the valley. Their relatively high molecular weight makes them of little concern when vaporised, but they are definitely toxic via the oral route and by injection.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bufotoxin

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

endlessness
#10 Posted : 9/17/2019 9:31:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There was another related thread recently:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...mp;m=1009513#post1009513

Ferrum
#11 Posted : 9/17/2019 10:14:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you both for the relative information . Seems bufotenine will be better realized somewhere else . I will keep searching for the other compounds however , it would be useful if the poison could be still cleaned up if not for just the fun challenge alone . I'm thinking some chromatography maybe but I need to find some better documentation first . Endless when you did your analysis did you get any other information other than the 5-meo ?

Eaglepath
#12 Posted : 5/21/2020 8:53:41 AM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

Hello hello.. I would appreciate if more people with experience of both synthetic and and the Toad's medicine could share their insights of difference.. if any..

Personally I have worked a lot with Bufo but never tried the synthetic.. As I understand the Toad medicine contains adrenaline and that shold influence some difference compared to the synthetic for example..
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath

VibeSurfer
#13 Posted : 5/25/2020 4:37:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Can adrenaline be smoked? Is it really in the venom? I've smoked the venom about 7 times now and it's been amazing each time. Maybe I'll have to give the synthetic a go to see if it hits different.

Eaglepath
#14 Posted : 5/25/2020 8:29:02 AM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

Quote:
Moreover, the toad secretion also contains several cardioactive agents like bufagins, various catecholamines such as epinephrine and norepinephrine

https://link.springer.co....1007/s00213-019-05236-w

I guess it will effect the body when inhaled yes..
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath

abrelosojos
#15 Posted : 5/25/2020 6:23:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

There is a really good video from Hamilton Morris at the World Bufo Alvarius congress in México City.

Where he makes clear his stance on this topic, With strong arguments to explain how the low % of other psychoactive substances present in the toad secretion, makes all the argument of entourage effects null.

Set & Setting is what really makes it different. And with bufo we always have that dosage issues. Concentrations of 5-Meo-DMT vary a lot per sample, So when aiming for threesholds in dosage it is almost impossible.

Miss the smell of burnt flowers from Bufo, maybe it is calling again.