We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Acacia burkitti? Options

Kettle
#1 Posted : 9/7/2019 10:12:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Gday all,

Was driving around out west today close to where I live, and I suspect I have found some burkitti. I have had great success recently with some acacia acuminate narrow phyllodes with the phyllode tech with back salting (white crystals), and I see no need to harm slow growing trees, and with the typical bark (that turned into a clear gel, how do I post photos?.

its ok I see now..

Cheers Kettle

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Kettle
#2 Posted : 9/7/2019 10:18:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

what I suspect as burkitti.. but it could be havilandiorum... its hard...

another, sub species... or the same...

or
Kettle attached the following image(s):
IMG_0966.JPG (4,379kb) downloaded 70 time(s).
wattle 2.jpg (517kb) downloaded 70 time(s).

Kettle
#3 Posted : 9/7/2019 10:22:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

maybe better..
Kettle attached the following image(s):
IMG_0967.JPG (3,410kb) downloaded 69 time(s).

Kettle
#4 Posted : 9/7/2019 5:37:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

im pretty sure its acacia havilandiorum, damn, its ok I just grabbed a few handfuls of phyllodes. where you are there is no interwebs and I forgot a lot of the taxa data, most notably but not obvious is the pointed phyllodes and they are balls not cylinders. but when the phyllodes dry im thinking I just try anyway and let you know... has any body tried?

Western NSW

Gowpen
#5 Posted : 9/14/2019 1:04:28 PM

If you don't make mistakes, you are doing it wrong

Hi Kettle, im sorry to say that is not burkitti. Acacia Accuminata (Burkitti variety) has longer finger like flowers.
One can never cross the ocean without the Courage to lose sight of the shore

Chimp Z
#6 Posted : 9/14/2019 10:43:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Keep us updated! I have never heard of A. Havilandiorum being worked with by humans.
You could soak it in alcohol and send the goo off for inspection too if there's not
enough plant mass for a full spectrum extraction.

Kettle
#7 Posted : 9/15/2019 1:56:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Gowpen wrote:
Hi Kettle, im sorry to say that is not burkitti. Acacia Accuminata (Burkitti variety) has longer finger like flowers.

thanks mate ill keep up the search

hey Chimp Z, ill be honest I have a fair bit of the %95 sure its A. Havilandiorum, a shopping bag of phyllodes and flowere. not that im greedy, but big distances here I thought they were A. Acuminata burkitti and there are everywhere where I was, not in a national park, as far as the eye could see. and I probably have 1-200 grams of root bark, but it was from a tree that had died, the root was still alive though, but like the root ball had got root rot, you know how shitty wattles drop dead and split in half, and fall apart.

I also have a bag of acacia longafolia phyllodes- once again, no internet, will get a book.

now there is a slight unpleasant smell, not bad but it could be fear... but I did use to get ill from poor A. Confusa extractions- nausea. but the two bags are next to each other... what im getting at is can you smell alkaloids when they are drying or is it just natural drying smells?

so I might try some today- so im going to do a 100g stb, naptha freeze precid, and evap off remaining naptha and check for smells? sound good ill write back

Kettle
#8 Posted : 9/15/2019 2:10:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chimp Z wrote:
Keep us updated! I have never heard of A. Havilandiorum being worked with by humans.
You could soak it in alcohol and send the goo off for inspection too if there's not
enough plant mass for a full spectrum extraction.

yeeh mate I'm out in the sticks, im just new to this, 6months. and I almost like the science side of it prob more then smoking it, finally when mum asks if I ever used that uni degree..

but questions.

I have a lot of obscure tortured by the drought acacias around me that I want to try.
I have near 5L limonene, naptha, don ask me why but MEK (I have no idea}, xylene, and acetone.
next tek im moving towards limonene at least for the first pull before prob backsalting then naptha-freeze, or limonene evap.
for sampling is STB with naptha what you would recommend?

Thanks Kettle.