We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Nervous about disposal. Options

bugaha
#1 Posted : 9/12/2019 4:42:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has a jar full of old soup from all of the extractions. SWIM doesn't want to just throw it in the regular garbage but he is nervous about being questioned at any kind of waste disposal sites. Should he be?
"Yeah, but he's a pederass Dude."

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Tony6Strings
#2 Posted : 9/12/2019 7:54:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I pour mine down the sink. Sodium hydroxide is used as drain cleaner/unclogger. Hey who the heck is SWIM?
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Metta-Morpheus
#3 Posted : 9/12/2019 1:10:13 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

I agree, down the sink.
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

dreamer042
#4 Posted : 9/12/2019 2:28:42 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Make sure to completely evaporate off all hydrocarbon solvents before putting the remaining lye/plant solution down the drain (I use the toilet rather than the sink).
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

DreadedShaman
#5 Posted : 9/12/2019 4:32:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good to know, now I don't have to bury my old jars in the yard anymore.
😁

bugaha
#6 Posted : 9/12/2019 11:31:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Would I have to worry about turning my sink/tub/toilet purple?
"Yeah, but he's a pederass Dude."

blue.magic
#7 Posted : 9/13/2019 3:59:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't worry Smile

I used to boil the tea for a while to evaporate off organic solvents (e.g. naphtha). This is dangerous and should be done outside or in extremely well ventilated area. Boiling bases is dangerous in itself.

So what I do now is to first neutralize the basic soup with HCl, it thickens and might have to be diluted, then I boil it and then let cool down and finally flush.

Make sure to run some tap water for a while to clean up pipes. It also helps to dilute the stuff.

If you use sodium or potassium hydroxide, these are of least concern and easily to dealt with - it is used as drain cleaner as others said.

After neutralization with HCl, NaOH turns into mere table salt.

Metta-Morpheus
#8 Posted : 9/13/2019 4:57:10 PM

Fly with the sea birds and sh!t

ModeratorSenior Member

DreadedShaman wrote:
Good to know, now I don't have to bury my old jars in the yard anymore.
😁

Think about 1000 years from now when archeologists dig up your yard which will then be a desert or old forest, and they find the remnants. Will they laugh at how primitive our methods of extraction were? Living in an age of glass and stainless when lasers and plasmas are used? Or maybe we will be able to extract telepathically?
“You think that’s air you’re breathing?” -Morpheus
“Whoa fellas, I’m feeling kinda bowling ball-ish.” -Leopold Butters Stoch
It’s got what plants crave. -Brawndo

Magic is here for us all to feel. Naming it isn’t what makes it real.
Running around for us all to know, noticing isn’t what makes it so... -Avett Brothers

Thrasymachus
#9 Posted : 10/26/2019 7:20:14 AM

Extreme seductiveness is at the boundary of horror

Tony6Strings wrote:
I pour mine down the sink. Sodium hydroxide is used as drain cleaner/unclogger. Hey who the heck is SWIM?

I laughed at this one. I too kill two birds with one stone.
The metaphysical comfort--with which, I am suggesting even now, every true tragedy leaves us--that life is at the bottom of things, despite all the changes of appearances, indestructibly powerful and pleasurable--this comfort appears in incarnate clarity in the chorus of the satyrs, a chorus of natural beings who live ineradicably, as it were, behind all civilization and remain eternally the same, despite the changes of generations and of the history of nations.
--Nietzsche

Ontology has it backwards. “This ‘saying to the Other’ — this relationship with the Other as interlocutor, this relation with an existent — precedes all ontology; it is the ultimate relation in Being”
--Levinas