We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
OSHO: A Lie That Persists Options

FranLover
#1 Posted : 9/12/2019 7:21:30 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

That there are people who think anything Osho said is valid when he had 90 rolls royce, million dollars in jewels, a cult that empowered him in every way, a serpent for a secretary, a "capitalist" stratedgy for spreading "truth," a benzo and N2O habit even though he said "drugs are unecessary." And in my oppinion, he was probably having sex with everyone in his cult. ANYWHO, how can he have such a big following? How can a lie so obvious, so documented, still be blindly accepted?

In the town where I lived (in Latin America) Osho books were in the popular section of bookstores, all with a dumb cute little title and a modernist look to them. So obvious it was to me that they lacked content, that a true book of truth would never market itself like that.

Several years later I read Osho and was suprised to discover he copied everytning he said of substance directly off J. Krishnamurti. Not only that but I found most of what he wrote or said mixed in between his plagiarism extremley distasteful and plain wrong, and truly evil--and I look at that man dressed in a million dollars, acting like a God, acting like his shit dont stink, and I just cant believe people fall for it. They say he has kind eyes...I dont see that. I've seen kind eyes. What Osho does looks like an act, like its all controlled. This is evidenced in his life; everything was controlled, his whole apperence orchestrated, he made spectacles, he made himself unavailable so as to court more attention and develop a mysterious reputation, everything was an act of propaganda and deception. The technique he used to appear saintly and mysterious has been done thousands of times before and whole bookshelves could be filled with the names of charlatans and gurus

...so how do people keep falling for it?

And do you like osho? What do you like? Or do you think this man was a thief and a liar?
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

dragonrider
#2 Posted : 9/12/2019 9:14:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah it's weird. It's probably just chance, being in the wrong place at the wrong time, why people fall for conmen like him.

Why osho and not scientology, why scientology and not hare krishna, why hare krishna and not charles manson?

Jees
#3 Posted : 9/12/2019 11:38:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've seen rare footage of Osho where he sits in front of his crowd, and he scoffs them that they all come and sit before him,
that they are stupid to do so,
that they are stupid to honour him when he's dead,
that after his death people will keep his legacy alive and build centra anywhere on the globe to praise him, and he insisted that they should not do that or they haven't learned a thing.

He scoffed the overly attention, he scoffed for fun and giggles at will, he did not think high of his followers (any followers of anyone for that matter), and seemingly exactly that worked as a magnet. He was sort of the anti guru in many ways but ending as a guru himself just because of it.

He played the rascal, the contradicting, the peace and the wild, the sense and the rage, he actually told everything and nothing in the end.

On another footage I saw him scoffing Krishnamurti and his set of followers.
He made a freakshow and he loved it, hated it, played it, lived it, and called that life.

There was a lesson given in that footage, he suggested you to enter your room, sit at the table and feel just contempt, no more and no less, period. Not because of something, but just being contempt.

About stealing wisdom from another:
seriously, what is there to tell? Not much actually. I saw a youtube lately about someone going to interview a set of Sadhu's for their "message" or knowledge. Result: nothing groundbreaking new, just always the same simple advice for life. Be contempt, avoid suffering others and yourself. It has been told from the beginning and regurgitated overly in many forms. I agree that the way to bring the message can be personal and that inspiration could be copy catted indeed.

My gf lived for a year close to the main Osho community in Poona India after he died, and learned a lot of it all but that was like 20+ years ago, things might have changed how things roll, she's not into it any more.

Let's face it: most people where attracted to the free sex principles within the communities especially since everyone was to be screened for hiv at the site (once those tests became possible). That in combination with the growing revolt against the extreme straight-laced western dogma's, he offered just the opposite, a do-what-you-want opportunity window and you can consider it spiritual works for the better good.

This 'wild' side of his community created of course victims, physically and mentally, even death, it was an open experiment what would happen if you let people do, like in a let-loose mantra. Later, much more restrictions were build in to minimize potential human damage.

Maybe my picture of him is one sided and limited? Perhaps yes, but it's all I have to say.

FranLover
#4 Posted : 9/12/2019 2:10:06 PM

Thank you Dragon and Jees for ur replies 🙂 I do have to say this; that of Osho scoffing at the people who come to see him is literally copying what Krishnamurti did, only that with much less tact and honesty. I dont see how he rejected followers when he did everything possible to have followers, everything, and he always adored the image of a guru--he dressed in robes and jewels for god sake, and did so from the start. Do you imagine what a self obsessed asshole I would be if I walked around my house in guru's clothes cause I read many books? No one can get away with that except him...why?

He's complaining about people's conditioning (a form of reasoning unique to Krishnamurti which he iimmitated) and yet is the most conditioned being ever, he thinks hes a guru so he dresses like one--completley childish conditioning.

He would invite people to listen to him talk whilst having to be seated at his feet (cause thats how to love, mind u only girls allowed at his feet.)

How can someone who makes people sit as his feet scoff attention? My idea is he isnt saddened by the attention, hes just copying Krishnamurti, without understanding that K never seeked followers, and that he cant copy someone who is the complete contrary of what he is.

The fact that he scoffs at K to me is exactly what a plagiarist would do, copy something and then bash the person he copies. It would go exactly with what I think is Osho's main triat; total shamelesness. And I think I have unified theory of this: the greatest seducer's are shameless, thats hows they can lie to millions of people, be adored by the people, while robbing them all the while. But also there is one more thing which keeps the people in the grasp of these dark energy seducers; handouts, in the form of sex, food, money, power, or some escape or cause to give purpose to life. I am thinking politicians, gurus, and 18th century seducers of Europe.

I dont see how someone who starts his career as a self proclaimed guru asking people to kiss his feet can be the antiguru.

This is my side of the argument and I appreciate yours 🙂
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

dreamer042
#5 Posted : 9/12/2019 2:22:55 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Wild Wild Country was a fascinating watch.

One thing that struck me in that footage of the early days, before all the chaos, was that it really did look like a beautiful scene. You could see in everyone's faces that they were really and truly happy, big smiles and bright shining eyes.

Of course, inevitably, it crashed, things got crazy. This, I expect, is just the way it goes.

It is very strange that he does still have a large following today. I certainly can't account for that.

Jees wrote:
There was a lesson given in that footage, he suggested you to enter your room, sit at the table and feel just contempt, no more and no less, period. Not because of something, but just being contempt.

I'm curious if this is a mistranslation. Did you mean "content" as in contentment?

Contentment is a mental or emotional state of satisfaction maybe drawn from being at ease in one's situation, body and mind.

Contempt, is a pattern of attitudes and behaviour, often toward an individual, group but sometimes towards an ideology, which has the characteristics of disgust and anger.

The former is common advice, though I expect the latter makes for a much moar interesting practice. Laughing
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

FranLover
#6 Posted : 9/12/2019 2:43:15 PM

OSHO; sit at the table with contempt
*followers walk over to table and spit on it.*

rOm
#7 Posted : 9/12/2019 2:45:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Aah ! a little research showed me why he was taking benzos ( valium ) and like N2O.But I didn't find any mention of a Heroin habit. He also did LSD. Which apparently made him worse lol
But he had chronic fatigue and illnesses that he calming down with valium. And N2O. But heliked the dissociative effect of N2O for his practice.
His heart failure injail is likely due to benzo withdrawal. andhe was taking big doses with tolerance building up..
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

dragonrider
#8 Posted : 9/12/2019 3:37:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My personal experience with cults is, that they're a bit of a drain for society's rejects. A very good friend of me joined several cults after a psychedelics induced mental crisis. And while it is true that not everyone in a cult is an idiot, many of the cultists i've seen where quite weird. Not just for the stuff they believe in, but also in how far they take it. They all tended to be paranoid as shit. Many former drug users or homeless people. Also people who seem to be hallucinating quite a bit.

In one of these temples i visited, there was a plastic statue of their leader, wich ofcourse they worshipped. Some people claimed that the statue would come alive if you sat and meditated in front of it. There was a guy who believed he could communicate with cars. I mean the souls of cars. Nobody thought that was odd.

Jees
#9 Posted : 9/12/2019 5:15:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
Jees wrote:

I'm curious if this is a mistranslation. Did you mean "content" as in contentment?...
Yes! I used the wrong word, thanks for that. I'm afraid to make an error now and then, English is not my native nor my speciality Pleased

I've been in some group settings thinking wtf is all this? But just to come there to take away the good stuff, like the splendid music, or a phrase that just got my attention. Like a tourist or like shopping, you don't put everything in the store in your basket right? No need to agree with all, just take what inspires. This is possible if not too much strikes against the hairs.

ajlala
#10 Posted : 9/13/2019 1:18:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Osho seems to have narcissistic personality disorder, and this is quite common with cult leaders. Narcissists are often confident enough to trick people into following them. Look at the history of religion (most religions were started by bad people who just created a cult around themselves)!

That said, you just have to see Osho speaking, to realize he is quite an unpleasant character (yet he has thousands of fans in the YouTube comments sections of his videos, despite his obviously quite bad personality).