CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mutated psychotria viridis Options
 
observe
#1 Posted : 9/7/2019 12:43:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 62
Joined: 07-May-2017
Last visit: 14-Sep-2019
I put a little miracle grow in a mister and used it to mist my psychotria viridis twice a day. This got my psychotria to begin vegetative growth but the new growth is pretty mutated. The potting soil is hummus,perlite, and some sphagnum moss. It gets filtered sun all day. Why does miracle grow mutate plants? How can i stop fresh growth from growing mutated? Thank you for any help.
 

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.
 
twitchy
#2 Posted : 9/7/2019 8:30:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 288
Joined: 05-Jun-2019
Last visit: 15-Sep-2019
Location: nammyohorenghekyo
I avoid miracle grow for indoor plants because over a period of time it will cause salts to build up in your soil and it will eventually hit a tipping point and become toxic to the plant. Foliar feeding with that stuff twice a day is over-kill in my opinion, and I don't know about mutations but I'd guess that they are taking up more nutrients than what they need and the growth rate is exceeding the plant's ability to adjust. Psychotria viridis is slow growing, achingly slow at first, but this is completely natural and it has a way of teaching one patience. I'd wash that stuff off and replant them if you've been using it regularly for long and just let the plant do it's thing. Feeding them is fine, but sparingly and through the soil medium is preferable IME.
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.
 
pinkoyd
#3 Posted : 9/8/2019 2:57:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledge

Posts: 335
Joined: 29-Sep-2009
Last visit: 16-Sep-2019
Location: Diagonally parked in a parallel universe
P. viridis does not like MiracleGro at all in my experiece. I've been growing for 25+ years and all I ever give them is worm castings and a handful of Osmocote twice a year. They don't need more than that.

I already asked Alice.

-senior member
 
observe
#4 Posted : 9/9/2019 6:03:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

New member

Posts: 62
Joined: 07-May-2017
Last visit: 14-Sep-2019
I discontinued use in june. I repotted it but did not disturb the roots much so theres some residual dirt that contacted miracle grow. Should watering every couple days wash out what is left of the fertilizer by the next grow season?
 
twitchy
#5 Posted : 9/9/2019 8:51:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 288
Joined: 05-Jun-2019
Last visit: 15-Sep-2019
Location: nammyohorenghekyo
observe wrote:
I discontinued use in june. I repotted it but did not disturb the roots much so theres some residual dirt that contacted miracle grow. Should watering every couple days wash out what is left of the fertilizer by the next grow season?


I'd think that repotting them would be sufficient, the roots are pretty resilient and once established they seem to be able to take some moderate abuse.
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.
 
skoobysnax
#6 Posted : 9/11/2019 3:56:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 583
Joined: 08-Jun-2013
Last visit: 11-Sep-2019
observe wrote:
I put a little miracle grow in a mister and used it to mist my psychotria viridis twice a day. This got my psychotria to begin vegetative growth but the new growth is pretty mutated. The potting soil is hummus,perlite, and some sphagnum moss. It gets filtered sun all day. Why does miracle grow mutate plants? How can i stop fresh growth from growing mutated? Thank you for any help.

Mine mutate in low humidity inside in winter every year. The leaves stick together instead of opening and become gnarled. Every spring mine recover. Misting helps. They have even lost all leaves one winter when i tried to tent them but the stems were green and they all survived.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?
 
Felnik
#7 Posted : 9/11/2019 4:13:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 1746
Joined: 15-Apr-2008
Last visit: 16-Sep-2019
Location: in the Forest
This is good info. im currently growing one of these from a stem cutting I brought back from Colombia. It seems to be doing well so far but soon I need to bring it inside as fall progresses and winter sets in . Any thoughts on how to deal with it in the house for the winter ?
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke


http://vimeo.com/32001208
 
rOm
#8 Posted : 9/11/2019 7:01:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member

Posts: 1954
Joined: 20-Nov-2009
Last visit: 16-Sep-2019
It can be placed to fresh location inside,with some window nearby for light. fresh air. could also use some lights if yhou don't go for winter sleep.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !
 
twitchy
#9 Posted : 9/11/2019 8:05:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 288
Joined: 05-Jun-2019
Last visit: 15-Sep-2019
Location: nammyohorenghekyo
Felnik wrote:
This is good info. im currently growing one of these from a stem cutting I brought back from Colombia. It seems to be doing well so far but soon I need to bring it inside as fall progresses and winter sets in . Any thoughts on how to deal with it in the house for the winter ?


A larger glass aquarium covered with plastic wrap is the easiest method I've come up with. You can catch great deals on these, particularly if you aren't looking for one that is water-tight anymore.
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.
 
twitchy
#10 Posted : 9/11/2019 8:14:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 288
Joined: 05-Jun-2019
Last visit: 15-Sep-2019
Location: nammyohorenghekyo
I've also had a lot of luck with standard household LED bulbs. I use 5,500K or higher (daylight) typically at 100 watts just outside of the aquarium to avoid moisture problems with the bulbs and lamps. You can mist them regularly but if you're heating your home in the winter, the dry air can be devastating to them so the aquarium was a real game changer.
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.
 
twitchy
#11 Posted : 9/11/2019 8:35:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 288
Joined: 05-Jun-2019
Last visit: 15-Sep-2019
Location: nammyohorenghekyo
twitchy wrote:
Felnik wrote:
This is good info. im currently growing one of these from a stem cutting I brought back from Colombia. It seems to be doing well so far but soon I need to bring it inside as fall progresses and winter sets in . Any thoughts on how to deal with it in the house for the winter ?


A larger glass aquarium covered with plastic wrap is the easiest method I've come up with. You can catch great deals on these, particularly if you aren't looking for one that is water-tight anymore.


Just wanted to add that you shouldn't seal them off completely as they will need airflow and you will end up with a fungi problem.
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.
 
Felnik
#12 Posted : 9/12/2019 2:32:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member


Posts: 1746
Joined: 15-Apr-2008
Last visit: 16-Sep-2019
Location: in the Forest
Right now I have it outside in an aquarium with a clear top and open on one side for air flow . Not in direct sun . I mist it every day it seems to be doing great and thriving. I guess I’ll find a place inside for the aquarium for the winter.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke


http://vimeo.com/32001208
 
 
Users browsing this forum
Guest

DMT-Nexus theme created by The Traveler
This page was generated in 0.025 seconds.