We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Graham Hancock - The War on Consciousness BANNED TED TALK Options

twitchy
#1 Posted : 9/5/2019 8:00:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0c5nIvJH7w
Thumbs up
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

benzyme
#2 Posted : 9/6/2019 3:11:37 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Big grin Thumbs up
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

lewinii
#3 Posted : 9/6/2019 1:14:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the post!! Very happy
"science never proves anything; you can never duplicate an event precisely at the same moment in time as the initial event. science can only show correlation from the evidence and data derived from it." -benzyme

โ†’ Donate to the Nexus! โ†

sbios
#4 Posted : 9/6/2019 2:45:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Big grin now one of the most watched ---

twitchy
#5 Posted : 9/6/2019 8:03:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That last couple of lines he says at the end of the end of the video about 'evoking the hard won right of free speech' was just absolutely awe inspiring.
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

breeze225
#6 Posted : 9/6/2019 10:01:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Amazing video! thank you for posting...we need more people like him to be brave enough to stand up and speak about this!!!!

twitchy
#7 Posted : 9/6/2019 10:18:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

breeze225 wrote:
Amazing video! thank you for posting...we need more people like him to be brave enough to stand up and speak about this!!!!

Yeah I figured you guys would enjoy it, unfortunately with the stereotyping and the thorough hack-job that the establishment did on the counter-culture over the last fifty years or so, the moment you mention 'tryptamine', your treading on thin ice professionally. This is slowly changing for the better I think, but it's a slow and skeptical process that will require science to get off it's collective butts and accept the possibility of spirituality and super-nature and we all know how reluctant they are in that area.

I do have hope though, as this is probably the only common ground between science and 'religion' and it needs to happen in order to achieve some desperately needed cultural balance between the two. There's something inherently supernatural in the fact that we exist at all and I think science has forgotten this. If it has to be psychology that advances our cause, ugh, but in lacking any other acceptable format, we'll take it Big grin

benzyme
#8 Posted : 9/6/2019 10:44:37 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

As a scientist, and someone with a background in bioassaying these wonderful agents of consciousness, I'll be one to admit that there are a LOT of mental phenomena that science can't begin to explain. With the dawn of quantum computing, that may change.
Terrence McKenna speculated the hyperspatial brain having a connection with the quantum realm, and that was back in the early/mid-90s. Ancient civilizations were aware, but lacked the technology/language framework to describe it.

While we're in the prime of the information age (the third wave, as alvin toffler described it), many have speculated that the 4th wave would be one of metaphysical awareness. Before that can happen, society must be self-aware, to prevent extinction of our species.
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

sbios
#9 Posted : 9/7/2019 10:10:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
As a scientist, and someone with a background in bioassaying these wonderful agents of consciousness, I'll be one to admit that there are a LOT of mental phenomena that science can't begin to explain. With the dawn of quantum computing, that may change.
Terrence McKenna speculated the hyperspatial brain having a connection with the quantum realm, and that was back in the early/mid-90s. Ancient civilizations were aware, but lacked the technology/language framework to describe it.

While we're in the prime of the information age (the third wave, as alvin toffler described it), many have speculated that the 4th wave would be one of metaphysical awareness. Before that can happen, society must be self-aware, to prevent extinction of our species.

With a U.spresident proposed more nuclear weapons, promote conflicts and divisions, and other dictatorial regimes around the world... I do hope more people waken up to the current state of sickness and say enough is enough to become the changes.

dragonrider
#10 Posted : 9/7/2019 4:11:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:

Wow benzyme.

You are so right about this.

benzyme
#11 Posted : 9/7/2019 7:09:02 PM

analytical chemist

thanks.

I became aware in the mid-90's, when I discovered deoxy.org (that's where I
first learned about dmt).

it is back online as www.reoxy.org

Incidentally, that was the time that google and amazon were founded, and the former received funding for surveillance research.
we could foresee the future back then,
we just didn't imagine technology creating a dystopian society (this was pre-9/11),
where everyone is potentially a "terrorist". The WWW was in its infancy, and people primarily got their info
from alt.news groups; now, bad news is relayed instantly, several times over, creating an echochamber of fear, anger, despair, etc

benzyme
#12 Posted : 9/7/2019 7:32:06 PM

analytical chemist

that being said, what TM termed an "archaic revival" may be exactly what humanity needs, to break minds free from the chains of tech and convenience. a second "enlightenment" period, if you will; because the social climate has many people slipping back into the dark ages of superstition and embracing totalitarianism.

Also, AI will replace many aspects of employment and research; qualities like IQ will be irrelevant.
But consciousness, particularly of the metaphysical persuasion, is decidedly human, and should be researched individually, and collectively.

twitchy
#13 Posted : 9/7/2019 8:09:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
that being said, what TM termed an "archaic revival" may be exactly what humanity needs, to break minds free from the chains of tech and convenience. a second "enlightenment" period, if you will; because the social climate has many people slipping back into the dark ages of superstition and embracing totalitarianism.

Also, AI will replace many aspects of employment and research; qualities like IQ will be irrelevant.
But consciousness, particularly of the metaphysical persuasion, is decidedly human, and should be researched individually, and collectively.

There's a great discussion on AI by Terrence McKenna, Rupert Sheldrake, and Ralph Abraham on youtube...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFBT_DlIwfs

Terrence had a wonderful and profound knack for bringing psychedelia to the forefront and presenting to the public as well as the scientific community with an unprecedented air of validity. When he died it left a vacuum behind that has yet to be filled and is sorely missed and much needed.
My ah-ha moment was the day I found out that serotonin was a tryptamine. For me that was when everything sort of clicked into place, like an epiphany, and it kicked off an intellectual quest that got me into researching everything I could wrap my mind around about theology, history, psychedelics and neuroscience etc.. I don't pretend to understand why the 'dominator culture' perceives these substances as such a threat to their structure but we owe a great deal of gratitude to the McKennas, Huxleys, Strassmans, Hoffmans, Shuglins and others for not only wading against the current but possibly even kick-starting the archaic revival... and not a moment too soon.

dragonrider
#14 Posted : 9/7/2019 8:21:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It very much seems to me that society is in a sense falling apart.

There are people who ARE searching for enlightenment, there IS a greater understanding of what you call, for probably a lack of better words, "metaphysical" issues. But at the same time there is also a regression going on that is going in exactly the opposite direction.

The only way out of this, i think, is the human heart. We need to put our heart above intellect. Love and compassion are probably the only things in this world that can help us out of the mess we're in.

dragonrider
#15 Posted : 9/7/2019 8:42:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

twitchy wrote:
I don't pretend to understand why the 'dominator culture' perceives these substances as such a threat to their structure

I don't know if they realy do.

Do they even know anything about the substances and their effects? Does it even matter to them? Or is it merely an issue of controll?

There is a theory that in some ancient cultures, human sacrifices, especially the sacrifice of childeren, where a way of the political establishment to demonstrate and thereby to reinforce their dominance.

I suspect that this type of machiavelianism is maybe not completely a thing of the past.
Actually, i even think that maybe even 50% of all politics is rooted in this kind of thinking.

People sometimes refer to the war on drugs as a wichhunt.

But where the instigators of the wichhunts realy afraid of witches themselves?

burnt
#16 Posted : 9/7/2019 8:43:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Interesting talk. I must say I am very skeptical of this idea that psychedelics had any role in the development of human language or ability of the human brain to develop symbolic methods of communication. It just doesn't really make much sense from a biological / evolutionary perspective. That being said psychedelics and mind altering drugs in general most certainly inspired ancient peoples in a creative sense through art religion culture etc.

I also find this westerner's guilt around using psychedelics for recreation a bit bothersome. As if the 1960's ruined everything. The 1960's didn't ruin psychedelics the conservative backlash to them did. It wasn't the hippies fault America is filled with mean bigoted close minded religious nutcases. Of course there was naivety and fool hardiness around the early explosion of psychedelics into western culture but that comes with the territory a bit. I find the use of psychedelics for recreation and spiritual / psychological growth to both be valid ways of exploring these substances. Throughout my life its been useful to use psychedelics in a fun party music setting as much as it has been in a nature introspective setting. Of course being safe and responsible is important when using psychedelics for recreation. But to act like you can't have fun and trip is kind of just this weird guilt complex I notice western intellectuals paint over psychedelic drug use. Like they feel bad about using ancient cultures drugs. I think its a bit lame. I also had this criticism when I read Michael Pollens new book about psychedelics (How to change your mind). Too much all therapy and no fun. But fun is also good!

I also don't necessarily agree that westerners are devoid of spirit and that is why their culture is so messed up. The type of spritituality they embrace is certainly a problem (Christianity) but I could say the same thing about Islam and most people wouldn't consider Islam the "west". Modern people are disconnected from nature and that is part of the problem. But you can be connected to nature and not believe in anything spiritual at all.

Its great he was able to use ayahuasca to help with his cannabis addiction. Hasn't work for me although I can relate to the going to hell part unless you change behavior. Seen that before and its been very beneficial to get those wake up calls at various stages of life.

Hopefully psychedelics can play a role in rescuing humanity from itself. We really do need something. Its getting desperate. I do wonder if that is a realistic option though.

twitchy
#17 Posted : 9/7/2019 8:52:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
twitchy wrote:
I don't pretend to understand why the 'dominator culture' perceives these substances as such a threat to their structure

I don't know if they realy do.

Do they even know anything about the substances and their effects? Does it even matter to them? Or is it merely an issue of controll?

They are absolutely aware of them...
http://tobiasbitterli.ne...5ff226be2b2373642423.jpg

twitchy
#18 Posted : 9/7/2019 8:55:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

burnt wrote:
Interesting talk. I must say I am very skeptical of this idea that psychedelics had any role in the development of human language or ability of the human brain to develop symbolic methods of communication. It just doesn't really make much sense from a biological / evolutionary perspective. That being said psychedelics and mind altering drugs in general most certainly inspired ancient peoples in a creative sense through art religion culture etc.

I also find this westerner's guilt around using psychedelics for recreation a bit bothersome. As if the 1960's ruined everything. The 1960's didn't ruin psychedelics the conservative backlash to them did. It wasn't the hippies fault America is filled with mean bigoted close minded religious nutcases. Of course there was naivety and fool hardiness around the early explosion of psychedelics into western culture but that comes with the territory a bit. I find the use of psychedelics for recreation and spiritual / psychological growth to both be valid ways of exploring these substances. Throughout my life its been useful to use psychedelics in a fun party music setting as much as it has been in a nature introspective setting. Of course being safe and responsible is important when using psychedelics for recreation. But to act like you can't have fun and trip is kind of just this weird guilt complex I notice western intellectuals paint over psychedelic drug use. Like they feel bad about using ancient cultures drugs. I think its a bit lame. I also had this criticism when I read Michael Pollens new book about psychedelics (How to change your mind). Too much all therapy and no fun. But fun is also good!

I also don't necessarily agree that westerners are devoid of spirit and that is why their culture is so messed up. The type of spritituality they embrace is certainly a problem (Christianity) but I could say the same thing about Islam and most people wouldn't consider Islam the "west". Modern people are disconnected from nature and that is part of the problem. But you can be connected to nature and not believe in anything spiritual at all.

Its great he was able to use ayahuasca to help with his cannabis addiction. Hasn't work for me although I can relate to the going to hell part unless you change behavior. Seen that before and its been very beneficial to get those wake up calls at various stages of life.

Hopefully psychedelics can play a role in rescuing humanity from itself. We really do need something. Its getting desperate. I do wonder if that is a realistic option though.

Christianity is a lost art IMO, it was subverted and the entheogenic roots were hidden from the masses. Check out a few of these...
Google Image Search "Christianity and Mushrooms'

twitchy
#19 Posted : 9/7/2019 10:53:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:

How wonderful it would be to require graduate students to take a course, something like "Applied Theology and Hyperspatial Navigation" where a psychedelic participation is required. All too often I think our first encounters with psychedelics are under the pretense of partying or recreational usage and that unfortunate connotation is then further reinforced by the propaganda coming from the other side in the war on drugs. I've often wondered how we can force the narrative or somehow persuade the scientific community to take this seriously enough to get behind real investigations and experiments.

burnt
#20 Posted : 9/7/2019 11:40:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Quote:
Christianity is a lost art IMO, it was subverted and the entheogenic roots were hidden from the masses. Check out a few of these...
Google Image Search "Christianity and Mushrooms'

I don't know all that much about early Christianity especially some of the more alternative views on it. But yea I was mainly referring to modern Christianity in the sense of post Roman post Reformation.

Quote:
How wonderful it would be to require graduate students to take a course, something like "Applied Theology and Hyperspatial Navigation" where a psychedelic participation is required. All too often I think our first encounters with psychedelics are under the pretense of partying or recreational usage and that unfortunate connotation is then further reinforced by the propaganda coming from the other side in the war on drugs. I've often wondered how we can force the narrative or somehow persuade the scientific community to take this seriously enough to get behind real investigations and experiments.

I think its a personal choice whether to take an interest in psychedelics or not. The current scientific interest in psychedelics is mainly clinical. There are a good number of studies going on studying whether psychedelics have clinical / medical application mainly for mental health problems. Which is great. But I also think people should be allowed to use any plant based drug and most synthetic drugs for any reason they want. In a perfect world I'd imagine anyone can obtain psychedelics but they should have to take some kind of safety course first. Kind of like getting a drivers license.

What kind of research would you want to see?

12NEXT