We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Rue and Nausea Options

twitchy
#1 Posted : 9/4/2019 8:14:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've seen some debates on whether it is the rue/harmalas, or the tryptamines hitting the gut that actually cause the nausea with brews. It can be pretty intense, and unless you have another dose handy it can end your experience prematurely. There's a number of things that can be taken along with the brews to combat this like ginger or lemon essential oil, but I've seen these work and I've seen them make no difference whatsoever. I'm curious as to the methods others might have employed successfully to reduce or eliminate this.

One idea I had was to take the harmalas, wait a little while to allow them to get into the gut and start inhibiting MOA, then taking only a small amount of the tryptamine component and getting the purge over with before consuming the rest. Don't know if this would be effective, but when working with very limited resources any way to increase retention is a blessing. Any thoughts?
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Tony6Strings
#2 Posted : 9/4/2019 5:50:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had one horrible experience with rue seeds, the harmala alkaloids alone were enough to make me purge bile all night long, no admixture used. I took too much. The admixture of mimosa tea has never sat well in my stomach, I've always purged before effects. Harmalas first or taken together, didn't make any difference. These are some of the factors which led to my first extractions. I feel like purified alkaloids are easier to work with.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Brennendes Wasser
#3 Posted : 9/4/2019 8:20:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

My cat's pet shark ate 450 mg of Harmalas to check if they indeed are at least partially relevant for the bad nausea and hell yes ... it looked terrible from my view what happened to this shark. It lasted nearly as long as the harmala effects it said - not even stopping after an initial phase of malfeeling.

Jees
#4 Posted : 9/5/2019 9:06:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ime the combination of rue and trypts is hardest on the stomach, more than just rue.

Of late there was 200mg FB unseparated rue extract + 100 FB deems as a pharma session, and only little nausea, no problem whatsoever. Usually it's 150 rue extract and 75 deems and then there's not even a notion.

First dissolve fully 1 gr sodiumbicarb in like 50 ml water.
Then poor in the all the powdered freebase matters, gulp.
Chase with a shot of water.

It's not true that things should be taken in salt form.

With all that base stuff it's normal some burps develop. So it's best to not lie down completely flat, sitting upright or half upright makes the gas escaping easily. This is not a problem at all, there is no reason to avoid this method because of some burps. Slightly moving around or doing some movement exercises promote the gasses to leave the stomach even better.

Sodbicarb is know (where I live) as stomach-salt. It deals with certain stomach trouble as a given. Having that feature in a pharma session is the ultimate solution at least for this frog, tested and acknowledged so many times.

With the salt form there was always the fighting against stomach trouble, a hard time. Never was this the case with the all base route. N.e.v.e.r Pleased
Haven't tested more than 1 gr because of no need to, but it might be an idea.

I've launched this idea before but no peer reactions (or I missed them).

rOm
#5 Posted : 9/5/2019 11:31:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I always have harmalas freebase and find it very easy orally. But I tend to make DMT salt for oral or nasal / rectal administration.
I find more nausea with 400 mg harmalas freebase than the combination of 250mg harmalas fb and 100 mg DMT fumarate. But thereis also nausea sometimes. Same for aya, I don't purge nor am I nauseous every times.
Now Syruian rue tea alone can bepretty gaging. I think it is the most nauseou brew for me... But I drunk lot daily like 2 to 3 gr seeds dose of brew 1 to 3 tiumes daily for a few weeks..
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Jagube
#6 Posted : 9/5/2019 12:13:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've only ever gotten nausea with crude DMT-containing teas.
Some types / strains of leaf or bark are nauseating, some aren't. So I just work with those that aren't. One of my recent teas (caapi, harmine, thh, chali) is super DMT-rich (a DMT explosion like with vaped spice) and not nauseating at all.

I don't purge, so any nausea is not an issue of premature ending, but rather prolonged suffering.

twitchy
#7 Posted : 9/5/2019 2:48:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Filtering and then decanting 3-4 grams of rue tea in the fridge for a day and letting all the solids settle out seemed to work really well, there was some initial nausea (with sipped viridis tea), but no purge. Fresh ginger root seems to help some as well.
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

Elrik
#8 Posted : 9/6/2019 5:19:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Harmalas produce some nausea for me. Rue tea is the worst, harmaline/harmine mix is next. Pure harmine•HCl produces very little nausea [or any negative effect] on its own even in large doses unless I dissolve it in water and drink it. When possible I use pills I make from emptied herb pills.
Adding any other psychedelic increases nausea in a dose dependent way. The same amount of harmine will produce far more nausea with 400 mg ACRB bifumarate when compared to 200 mg.
I recently took a large dose of harmine, THH, and mescaline and when I smoked DMT at peak that's what put me over the edge. Vomiting in DMT/mescaline hyperspace is an interesting experience, one that I do not particularly recommend Wink

450 mg of harmaline/harmine mix? That would be too many side effects for me.
Brennendes Wasser wrote:
My cat's pet shark

If your cats pet shark ever registers here, remind him he doesn't need to SWIM.
I couldn't resist Razz

twitchy
#9 Posted : 9/6/2019 8:00:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Elrik wrote:
Harmalas produce some nausea for me. Rue tea is the worst, harmaline/harmine mix is next. Pure harmine•HCl produces very little nausea [or any negative effect] on its own even in large doses unless I dissolve it in water and drink it. When possible I use pills I make from emptied herb pills.
Adding any other psychedelic increases nausea in a dose dependent way. The same amount of harmine will produce far more nausea with 400 mg ACRB bifumarate when compared to 200 mg.
I recently took a large dose of harmine, THH, and mescaline and when I smoked DMT at peak that's what put me over the edge. Vomiting in DMT/mescaline hyperspace is an interesting experience, one that I do not particularly recommend Wink

450 mg of harmaline/harmine mix? That would be too many side effects for me.
Brennendes Wasser wrote:
My cat's pet shark

If your cats pet shark ever registers here, remind him he doesn't need to SWIM.
I couldn't resist Razz

I've noticed several times with filtered and decanted rue that no real nausea to speak of was noticed until the other substances were ingested. I'd always thought that it was just the tryptamines that were hitting the purge button but my one experience with unfiltered and ground rue seeds quickly dispelled this belief and produced a purge that was spectacular in it's intensity.

Elrik wrote:
Vomiting in DMT/mescaline hyperspace is an interesting experience, one that I do not particularly recommend Wink

Shocked