We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Planet of the Mantoids Options

twitchy
#1 Posted : 9/5/2019 5:20:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Every time I've ever taken the journey to the other world, without exception and for decades, I've always had a gnat show up. Silly as it might sound to some, I'd given over to the belief that this was my spirit guide or animal/familiar and even in the dead of winter one would always show up just before or during a trip and I never left home without it.

One fateful day, I was standing on the front porch and a preying mantis landed on the railing in front of me. I reached down and touched it on it's back and unbelievably this thing let me basically pet it and pick it up. This was pretty unusual as they aren't exactly social critters, and at first I thought maybe it was sick or in it's dying stage but as soon as my wife walked up to look at it, it turned it's head to look at her and took off in a panic as they normally would. Later that day, rare and unusual circumstances provided the opportunity to consume a very potent brew of rue and psychotria. No gnat showed up this time, which I noted but didn't think anything of it. What follows is my quickly typed interpretation of a terrifying visit to what I'm calling the 'Planet of the Mantoids' that took place later that evening...

Quote:

A vast, flattened and largely featurelss desolate and barren landscape littered with stones and rocks of varying sizes, all shimmering with a polarized and metallic rainbowing coloration from the utterly brilliant, unrelenting and enervating other-worldly light that ferociously shines down from an unseen source above. The ultra-violet-ish and bleaching light seems to also emit a deafening and all encompassing high pitched insectoid sounding frequency that permeates the world around you. At first appearing lifeless, as one observes the bizzare scene more closely, subtle motion is detected on the stark and almost pulsating landscape, and soon bizzare mantoid like creatures are seen crawling across the ground busying themselves with some ineffable and timeless task, turning over the smaller stones with their segmented leg parts and rifting through the depleted and lifeless topsoil. It is difficult to ascertain their size and relative distance, due to the lack of contrast in the glaring and near blinding intensity of the strange alien light. From out of nowhere, or perhaps from behind an enormous mantoid, as large as a mountain suddenly steps over you and now in the shade of this giant insectoid directly above, you can clearly make out some features of it's smooth and segmented abdomen which emits it's own pale and sickly looking greenish light. It pauses for a moment, and the terrifying notion that perhaps it has somehow detected you hits like a tidal wave of terror and you remain motionless and silent as possible until it finally moves on and passes into the horizon. Occasionally, and seemingly completely at random, an amorphous and featureless rounded face of a brownish caterpillar or larvae suddeny pops into your field of view and makes chilling but definite eye contact before fading away into the stream of visuals.
The scene is so utterly bizzare, so completely alien, and so inundated with the insectoid archetype that it can only be another world, or perhaps another dimension unfolded from our own. Questions arise, and are completely ignored... whatever these mantoids are, they are completely indifferent or perhaps even unaware of your presence to which you are absolutely thankful and yet there seems to be some connection or familiarity that is inherent and just beyond your understanding which they don't allow you to know more about.

Scary stuff... I have no idea if the preying mantis I saw earlier that day had something to do with this experience or not, but it's a hell of a coincidence if it didn't, and the absence of the usual gnat seemed odd as there had not been a single time in all my experiences prior to this that they didn't make an appearance.
Any of you guys seen this place before?
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

twitchy
#2 Posted : 9/5/2019 5:41:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I tried to find something similar to give others an idea but alas!

The closest I could come to it was somewhere between this...
https://images.csmonitor...g?alias=standard_900x600
and this...
https://c8.alamy.com/com...through-cross-AX132E.jpg
All over-exposed in a weird other-worldly and polarizing light, something like this...
https://farm2.static.fli...5042390_df4b40a37b_b.jpg

Hope that helps... It was a terrifying place that I don't relish visiting again.
Author of this Post assumes no Responsibility, nor makes any Guarantee of the Accuracy or Validity of material in this Post. Material Contained or referred to in this Post is presented for Entertainment Purposes Only. This Material IS Not Intended to be Inferred, or Interpreted as Information, Advice, News, Instruction, or Factual Information.

Tony6Strings
#3 Posted : 9/5/2019 6:21:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

AcaciaConfusedYah posted a very cool trip report about a preying mantis entity. Cool writeup, thank you for sharing Twitchy.
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

twitchy
#4 Posted : 9/5/2019 6:57:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tony6Strings wrote:
AcaciaConfusedYah posted a very cool trip report about a preying mantis entity. Cool writeup, thank you for sharing Twitchy.

I genuinely hope posting it helps someone, if they ever find themselves in this terrifying place, it will pass away in due time and eventually subside into sobriety like all these experiences do eventually. If I can offer any advice to this, just don't try to get their attention, they absolutely will respond and don't seem to like it.

I got a lot of impressions from that place, none of them really positive, but amungst them was that these things had completely devoured their world, right down to the rocks and mountains, and they were ceaselessly wondering about looking for any novelty(?) to consume.

I feel like I missed the mark somehow in trying to describe this place, but I guess that's the real trick. It was the only experience I've ever had in hundreds that was completely and utterly terrifying and everytime I would try to wrap my mind around what their connection to us was, something would instantly pop into my field of vision and shut that inquiry down with fear(?). I've been to alot of places, but this one was the worst by far.

Felnik
#5 Posted : 9/6/2019 5:43:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Its so strange that the mantis is a recurring theme with DMT.
That landscape sounds scary and utterly fascinating.
I don't recall reading many reports of this nature in terms of a distinct alien environment of that type.
It's interesting, I have a friend that has had encounters with a Mantis entity.
He described it as very wise and very large in fact towering over him.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

twitchy
#6 Posted : 9/6/2019 7:24:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Felnik wrote:

Its so strange that the mantis is a recurring theme with DMT.
That landscape sounds scary and utterly fascinating.
I don't recall reading many reports of this nature in terms of a distinct alien environment of that type.
It's interesting, I have a friend that has had encounters with a Mantis entity.
He described it as very wise and very large in fact towering over him.

Commonality is really the only reliable tool we collectively have in our kit to substantiate anything in the other realms, and since the mantis beings are commonly reported I suppose we have to accept them as being real... or at least real enough.

I wish I had had the benefit of a 'very wise' one in a one on one setting rather than being effectively marooned on their planet(?) as the experience was truly horrific. I'd never had a 'bad trip' before out of hundreds, but this one was entirely unplanned and I had eaten a large meal the night before that was Italian, hence likely laden with any number of high tyramine cheeses and meats and I recall that right before I was transported to this place I remember feeling the brew hitting my lower intestine and experiencing some cramps, gas, and brief discomfort, so maybe it was just dietary but the coincidence with the mantis earlier that day is really hard for me to ignore. I wholly believe in signs and portents like this as a rule, and I know that likely plays a part as well but I've since waited on my little gnat to show up and give the 'go ahead'.